Author Topic: The dogs.....  (Read 53709 times)

Offline Benice

Re: The dogs.....
« Reply #630 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »
 I wonder why Martin Grime sometimes wears head to toe protective clothing and at other times doesn't even wear gloves.     Surely such clothing is either essential or it isn 't.   

As he is the one training the dogs on a daily basis, then surely he is the one most likely to be at risk of becoming contaminated - and thereby becoming a source of cross contamination himself.     Is this why the clothing is necessary?   There must be a reason for it.    Why wear it at the car inspection but not at the apartments?

Just curious.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:33:48 PM by Admin »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #631 on: August 18, 2014, 12:44:39 PM »

I wonder why Martin Grime sometimes wears head to toe protective clothing and at other times doesn't even wear gloves.     Surely such clothing is either essential or it isn 't.   

As he is the one training the dogs on a daily basis, then surely he is the one most likely to be at risk of becoming contaminated - and thereby becoming a source of cross contamination himself.      Is this why the clothing is necessary?   There must be a reason for it.    Why wear it at the car inspection but not at the apartments?

Just curious.

Strange , given that Mr Grime was no doubt smothered in cadaver scent, Eddie didn't just start alerting at him as soon as he tried getting him out the back of the van.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Admin

« Reply #632 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »
An update on the questions to Mr Grime.  He thanks everyone for their "good questions".  He again advises that as the Madeleine case is currently an open investigation he cannot comment at this time. He adds that hopefully the day will come when he is in a position to do so.

Please ask him if the UK dogs are now trained with human cadaver rather than pig, I was concerned at the apparent failure of the dogs/handlers in the Tia Sharpe case.

Mr Grime advises that as he is in the USA he does not have that information.  Suggest contacting SY
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:52:41 PM by Admin »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #633 on: August 18, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
I am using soup as a loose term for material recovered from the Renault scenic that contained DNA material and I defend its usage.

I did not attack your descriptive usage of 'soup'; as far as I am concerned it is a valid word to define the decomposition of a body; interesting you chose to think I was being pejorative about your descriptive word.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:33:37 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #634 on: August 18, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
I did not attack your descriptive usage of 'soup'; as far as I am concerned it is a valid word to define the decomposition of a body; interesting you chose to think I was being pejorative about your descriptive word and not the fact I was pointing out your lie.

What "lie"?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #635 on: August 18, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
I think there's a misunderstanding. Ferryman was quoting the answer from the DNA professor. At the time, the DNA chap wouldn't have had access to the forensic report, so he couldn't be sure what they'd found or not. It sounds to me as if he was just going through the possibilities, based on what was able to gather from the information available at the time.

There wasn't a soup in the literal sense of a gooey mess, but there was what could loosely be termed a soup in the sense of DNA from several sources in the same sample.

I did not misunderstand; and since we do have the benefit of access to the final FSS results those are the only ones that matter.

'Soup' seems to be a word loosely used to describe a plethora of things; and recalls the ubiquitous reports in 2007 of handfulls of Madeleine's hair being found in the boot.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #636 on: August 18, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »

so if that had been the case why was she so afraid that she couldnt answer 49 simple questions????

You have the right to remain silent, but anything that you do say will be recorded (although not necessarily verbatim). It will then be scrunched up and rammed down your throat in a court of law that won't have the foggiest what you actually said in the first place, let alone the context... unless you have a damned good lawyer.

Offline Carana

« Reply #637 on: August 18, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
I did not misunderstand; and since we do have the benefit of access to the final FSS results those are the only ones that matter.

'Soup' seems to be a word loosely used to describe a plethora of things; and recalls the ubiquitous reports in 2007 of handfulls of Madeleine's hair being found in the boot.

I know. I've used the term "soup" as well in the past (as have others) to refer to the DNA mix in that sample that can't be separated into different profiles - in the sense that you can't separate the blended "ingredients" of a mixed profile involving 3-5 people.

I really do think that that was the sense that FM meant.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #638 on: August 18, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
What "lie"?

I apologise unreservedly, ferryman, I am in error.

ferryman

« Reply #639 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
I apologise unreservedly, ferryman, I am in error.

Thank you.

And appreciated.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #640 on: August 18, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM by John »

Offline Carana

« Reply #641 on: August 18, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
An update on the questions to Mr Grime.  He thanks everyone for their "good questions".  He again advises that as the Madeleine case is currently an open investigation he cannot comment at this time. He adds that hopefully the day will come when he is in a position to do so.

Mr Grime advises that as he is in the USA he does not have that information.  Suggest contacting SY

Thanks for the update, even if it was a non-starter.

How is Serendipity doing these days?