Author Topic: Cliff Richard's Berkshire home searched by police.  (Read 14028 times)

Offline sika

Re: Cliff Richard's Berkshire home searched by police.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »
Sorry, I simply do not believe that he put his hand up the skirt of an 8 year old, and took the time to touch her while others were watching.
Well, most importantly the jury did!  They had the advantage of hearing all the evidence, in person.  What on earth makes you think that you are better placed to judge? 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
Well, most importantly the jury did!  They had the advantage of hearing all the evidence, in person.  What on earth makes you think that you are better placed to judge?

Just my personal opinion.

Offline sika

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »
Just my personal opinion.
Based on what, may I ask?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
Based on what, may I ask?

Have you ever heard of Miscarriages of Justice?

And as I said, I just can't believe that he would do or get away with such a thing with other people watching.  It doesn't make sense.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 12:16:48 PM »
Is it a crime to be creepy now?

Eleanor! You do surprise me ...  have you read Rolf's letter? If Rolf himself is 'sickened by his own behaviour' I find it difficult to understand why you're not?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624114/Rolf-Harris-trial-hears-confession-letter-alleged-victims-father.html

Online Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 12:53:14 PM »
Eleanor! You do surprise me ...  have you read Rolf's letter? If Rolf himself is 'sickened by his own behaviour' I find it difficult to understand why you're not?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624114/Rolf-Harris-trial-hears-confession-letter-alleged-victims-father.html

That letter was pertaining to his affair with the girl when she was over the age of consent.  He did not admit to abusing her when she was underage.

What I think of him as a person is not the issue.  The evidence was not conclusive as far as I can see. So there is a reasonable doubt in my mind.

And what is happening with Cliff Richard is sickening almost beyond belief.  Why don't they just declare him Guilty?  Why bother with a Trial?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »
That letter was pertaining to his affair with the girl when she was over the age of consent.  He did not admit to abusing her when she was underage.

What I think of him as a person is not the issue.  The evidence was not conclusive as far as I can see. So there is a reasonable doubt in my mind.

And what is happening with Cliff Richard is sickening almost beyond belief.  Why don't they just declare him Guilty?  Why bother with a Trial?

Trial?

He hasn't even been interviewed!

I bet the BBC think twice before airing any of his songs atm, yet they play Michael Jackson hits?

Mind you, he was never found guilty of anything either was he, but it's bleedin obvious he was a filthy old kiddie fiddler.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »

Well of course he would deny it was underage! For a 50 something to be involved with teenaged girls is just wrong ... obviously the court believed it did start when she was underage and I have no reason to suspect the court got it wrong!
Especially as he has been convicted of 12 assaults on four different girls!

Rolf's a wrong 'un!

As for Cliff ... we shall have to see!

I do think the law has to change though; anonymity for the accusers when the accused has their life ruined , guilty or not, is just unfair!

Offline sika

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »
Well of course he would deny it was underage! For a 50 something to be involved with teenaged girls is just wrong ... obviously the court believed it did start when she was underage and I have no reason to suspect the court got it wrong!
Especially as he has been convicted of 12 assaults on four different girls!

Rolf's a wrong 'un!

As for Cliff ... we shall have to see!

I do think the law has to change though; anonymity for the accusers when the accused has their life ruined , guilty or not, is just unfair!

That's a tough one Tim.  It seems that more victims are persuaded to come forward once they realise that someone else has taken the courageous step to accuse their abuser.  If their right to anonymity is rescinded, fewer people will have the courage to come forward, simple as that.

On the other hand, for those that are wrongly accused, it must be awful beyond belief. 

I think that perhaps the fairest way of dealing with this is for all parties to remain anonymous.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »

Putting a stop to Compensation Claims might help.  No one is ever going to get any money from a poverty stricken abuser.

Offline sika

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
Putting a stop to Compensation Claims might help.  No one is ever going to get any money from a poverty stricken abuser.
I would definitely agree with that.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »

I hear the police have bugged Sir Cliff's house, it's been wired for sound.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 04:18:48 PM »
 8()(((@#

Absolutely.

Offline Myster

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »
I hear the police have bugged Sir Cliff's house, it's been wired for sound.

... while he was on a summer holiday too and if they discover anything it'll be finders keepers... ho..ho!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »
... while he was on a summer holiday too and if they discover anything it'll be finders keepers... ho..ho!

Congratulations!  I think you've hit the nail on the head  8)-)))

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?