Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - The other reported knife assaults on girls.  (Read 24983 times)

Offline John

"When he was 12 he threatened his then girlfriend with a knife because she refused to have sex with him. The incidents went on. When he moved to St David’s High, a music teacher found him trying to throttle another pupil and he was sent to an educational psychologist. He refused the expert’s help. Instead Mitchell became a rebellious, mysterious teenager who was heavily into cannabis and supplied his Goth friends with the drug. "

http://www.scotsman.com/news/natural-born-killer-1-1401861

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Luke Mitchell - The other knife assaults
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
But one of Mitchell's former girlfriends, who says he attacked her with a knife just weeks before Jodi's murder, yesterday dismissed his latest claims of innocence.

Kara Van Nuil is adamant that her ex-boyfriend did kill Jodi, and also revealed she is terrified that Mitchell will attempt to track her down on his release.

The 24-year-old, who believes that her decision to end the relationship probably saved her life, has now moved away from Midlothian in an attempt to avoid being found.

Ms Van Nuil, who was 16 when she dated Mitchell, maintains that he pressed a blade to her neck during an Army Cadet Force platoon meeting.

With the other cadets enjoying a snack break outside the hut, Mitchell is said to have grabbed Ms Van Nuil from behind, turned her round and forced a penknife to her throat.

"There's not one part of me that thinks he isn't guilty," she said. "Because of the way he was with me that day, I don't have a doubt in my mind at all. It definitely was him.

"He is so strong and he can easily hold someone down like me. I'm tiny and I'm sure Jodi was the same. I had no power to fight back.

"He is a very disturbed boy," she continued. "He looked up to Marilyn Manson, who is strange himself. It was everything though, from the music to the drugs. He even urinated in bottles in his bedroom; who does that?

"He was chilled out, giggly and laid back one minute, obviously that was down to the stuff he was smoking, but then he'd turn weird. It was like he had a split personality."

JODI'S FAMILY HIT BACK OVER KILLERS CLAIMS OF INNOCENCE
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:19:06 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline sika

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
Thanks John, That is extremely interesting.  I am really struggling with this case, especially having read the circumstances surrounding the 'alternative suspects'.  When did the story of Ms Van Nuil come to light?  Is she for real, do you think?

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Thanks John, That is extremely interesting.  I am really struggling with this case, especially having read the circumstances surrounding the 'alternative suspects'.  When did the story of Ms Van Nuil come to light?  Is she for real, do you think?

Oh she is real alright.  I wasn't even aware of this latest development in the story coming on 13 May 2012 and some 9 years after the murder.

I cannot be sure when the police found out about Van Nuil but she confided in family and friends after Mitchell was charged with her murder.  The Press later got hold of the story.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:10:57 PM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
John, sorry to keep picking on you but....what do you make of the alternative suspects, that have been put forward in this case?  It's difficult when you only get one side of a story, but the one that Mitchells supporters (his mum and Lean) tell, does sound quite compelling interesting.  Have their claims been fully investigated by the Police?
What have Corinne/Lean had to say about these allegations?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:41:54 PM by sika »

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
Here is the article from the Daily Mail dated 22nd January 2005. The story broke the previous evening.

Byline: GRACE MCLEAN

A TEENAGER last night told how killer Luke Mitchell held a knife to her throat just a month before he killed and mutilated girlfriend Jodi Jones.

Mitchell, then only 14 years old, pulled on a balaclava, grabbed Kara van Nuil from behind and warned her not to move as he pressed the blade to her neck.

Last night she said: 'I was absolutely terrified. He was so strong. I didn't hear him coming. He just came up behind me, grabbed me around the neck with one arm and held the knife with the other.

'He told me: "Move and you are f***ing dead".' Miss van Nuil, now 17, met Mitchell at the Army Cadet HQ in Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, when she joined his cadet unit in February, 2002.

They started dating a few weeks later, even though Mitchell was already going out with Jodi and seeing another girl, Kimberley Thomson, in Perthshire.

Miss van Nuil told how she was at first mesmerised by Mitchell and how he wooed her with romantic text messages.

But she brought the relationship to an end after he followed her into the cadet hut one night and threatened her with the knife. She told the Scottish Daily Mail: 'He used to wear a balaclava and pull it up over his head like a hat.

'We were at cadets in May when I went into the hut on my own. The instructors were out having a cigarette with the other cadets. I was messing about with the blackboard and I didn't hear Luke coming but there was suddenly an arm around my neck.

'I got a glimpse of him as I looked back and he had pulled his balaclava over his face. He then put a knife to my throat and said I would be dead if I moved an inch.

'I was really scared and couldn't move.

He was so strong. I couldn't move my arms but I kept nipping his knees with my fingernails and begging him to let me go. He kept me like that for about a minute.

'When he put the knife down I turned to face him and he said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He tried to pretend it was a joke but my neck was red and I was genuinely scared. I was crying my eyes out.' Mitchell never returned to cadets after the attack. A month later he strangled 14-year- old Jodi and cut her throat.

Miss van Nuil regrets not telling her parents Angela, 39, and Bill, 55, about the attack until after the murder.

She said: 'I never knew Jodi but when I found out Luke was her boyfriend I knew straight away that he had done it. I told my dad what happened in the cadet hut and he called the police.

'They came around and took hours of statements but I was never called to court.

'I'm so relieved - I couldn't have faced him in the court. I'm so sorry for what happened to Jodi. When it first happened, I used to feel such guilt and think "that could have been me".' Miss van Nuil, of Gorebridge, Midlothian, said: 'We never met anywhere but cadets, so I only saw him on Monday and Wednesday nights - I suppose because he was going out with Jodi.

'One of my friends said he had five girls on the go but I didn't care because I was crazy about him. He was so polite. I suspected he might have been a bit of a geek. But he always sent me lovely text messages.' But Miss van Nuil said she also saw flashes of his temper: 'One time he was on the shooting range and got told off by one of the instructors. All of a sudden he shouted something, threw down his gun and stormed off.

'There were other times, too. If someone so much as criticised him, he would lose his temper and shout and swear at them.' After the knife attack, she dumped Mitchell. But two days after he was first questioned about Jodi's murder, Miss van Nuil saw him walking down her street. She said: 'I was looking out the window. He was parading around like a cockerel. His friends all came out and started hugging him as if he was a hero.

'I was terrified. I hid behind the curtain, shaking, and hoped he would not see me.' Last night Miss Van Nuil broke down in tears on hearing the verdict.

'I'm just so happy,' she said. 'It's been a long wait and now it's all over.

I feel that I can finally rest easy.' Her mother, Angela, added: 'We're relieved that justice has been done for Jodi and pleased because we knew all along that he had done this.' It has emerged that at least one other girl also suffered a terrifying ordeal at Mitchell's hands.

The girl, who was just 11 at the time, was visiting Mitchell's father Philip, a family friend.

Mitchell, who was only 12, was also staying in the house in Livingston and the two youngsters were sharing a twin bedroom.

In the middle of the night, he climbed on top of her, held a knife to her throat and demanded she kiss him. Last night she said: 'I just can't tell you how I feel about the verdict.'

g.mclean@dailymail.co.uk

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-127809847.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:16:32 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
John, sorry to keep picking on you but....what do you make of the alternative suspects, that have been put forward in this case?  It's difficult when you only get one side of a story, but the one that Mitchells supporters (his mum and Lean) tell, does sound quite compelling interesting.  Have their claims been fully investigated by the Police?
What have Corinne/Lean had to say about these allegations?

There aren't actually any alternative suspects.  What we have is a list of names belonging to male members of the Jones extended family and their associates.  Sandra Lean and Billy Middleton have systematically gone through just about every one of them over the last two years.

I even provided details to Luke's defence way back in 2004 of a guy who actually confessed to the killing and had the means, motive and opportunity to have done so.  He also had a history of attacking young women and was in the habit of cycling around country lanes looking for potential victims. As recently as last year his new lawyers approached me for this same information.

There certainly is suspicion that others may have been involved and at least one young hooligan and a member of the Jones extended family was forced out of the area after being linked to the murder by his actions after the event.

The overriding fact in the case however is that Mitchell, dressed in his green Bomber jacket and black t-shirt, was seen and identified just yards from the murder scene by two women at 5.42pm which was a matter of 27 minutes after Jodi's murder.  Mitchell was later seen a short distance further along that same road by several witnesses.

His alibi is also highly suspect as the one and only person who was supposed to have been at home with him that afternoon, his brother Shane, denied seeing or even hearing him in the house.  That for me says it all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:33:30 PM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
Thanks for that John, very interesting stuff.  What happened to the guy who claimed to have been responsible?  Was this disproved? Or did he retract his claim?

I agree that if you take the evidence regarding Mitchell, on it's own, it looks like a cast iron case.  It's just these other suspects, especially the one you mention here, that puts a small element of doubt in my mind

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
Thanks for that John, very interesting stuff.  What happened to the guy who claimed to have been responsible?  Was this disproved? Or did he retract his claim?

I agree that if you take the evidence regarding Mitchell, on it's own, it looks like a cast iron case.  It's just these other suspects, especially the one you mention here, that puts a small element of doubt in my mind

I don't know what ultimately happened about the guy who confessed, I suspect very little as Mitchell's new lawyers would not be asking the same questions some 8 years later.

I know that the police interviewed him but what happened then is anyone's guess.

The whole thing about the alibi is suspicious and when I challenged Corinne Mitchell about it on the WAP forum she got very uptight and started playing the high blood pressure card.  She has never given me a straight answer as to why he other son denied her version of events that afternoon.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:02:08 PM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
I very much appreciate your time John.  If Corinne is willing to take questions I might just try my luck!
There just seem to be too many holes in the defense; the obvious alibi issues, the knife, the sightings, the finding of the body and not least, the previous attack.  Did Mitchell also state that Jodi was wearing a hair band when found, even though he would not have been able to see this, such was the way her head was laying?

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 01:29:11 PM »
That documentary was cheap, nasty, sensationalist, one-sided, and added nothing new in the way of evidence.
There wasn't much in the way of sympathy/empathy for Jodie's family either, and Dr Lean was smirking a bit much for my liking - she's doing a live FB Q & A tonight - I'll be giving that a miss.
Bumping this thread for the benefit of those who have forgotten.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 04:46:46 PM »
"When he was 12 he threatened his then girlfriend with a knife because she refused to have sex with him. The incidents went on. When he moved to St David’s High, a music teacher found him trying to throttle another pupil and he was sent to an educational psychologist. He refused the expert’s help. Instead Mitchell became a rebellious, mysterious teenager who was heavily into cannabis and supplied his Goth friends with the drug. "

http://www.scotsman.com/news/natural-born-killer-1-1401861

12 years old
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:52:29 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »
But one of Mitchell's former girlfriends, who says he attacked her with a knife just weeks before Jodi's murder, yesterday dismissed his latest claims of innocence.

Kara Van Nuil is adamant that her ex-boyfriend did kill Jodi, and also revealed she is terrified that Mitchell will attempt to track her down on his release.

The 24-year-old, who believes that her decision to end the relationship probably saved her life, has now moved away from Midlothian in an attempt to avoid being found.

Ms Van Nuil, who was 16 when she dated Mitchell, maintains that he pressed a blade to her neck during an Army Cadet Force platoon meeting.

With the other cadets enjoying a snack break outside the hut, Mitchell is said to have grabbed Ms Van Nuil from behind, turned her round and forced a penknife to her throat.

"There's not one part of me that thinks he isn't guilty," she said. "Because of the way he was with me that day, I don't have a doubt in my mind at all. It definitely was him.

"He is so strong and he can easily hold someone down like me. I'm tiny and I'm sure Jodi was the same. I had no power to fight back.

"He is a very disturbed boy," she continued. "He looked up to Marilyn Manson, who is strange himself. It was everything though, from the music to the drugs. He even urinated in bottles in his bedroom; who does that?

"He was chilled out, giggly and laid back one minute, obviously that was down to the stuff he was smoking, but then he'd turn weird. It was like he had a split personality."

‘Jailed Luke Mitchell has recently boasted of passing a lie detector test and told how he still loves the girlfriend he was convicted of slaying following a sensational trial in 2005.

His protests come as his legal team step up their campaign for the 23-year-old to be freed on human rights grounds by judges in Europe.

But Jodi's mother, Judith, yesterday told the Scottish Sunday Express: "It is disgusting, that's all I can say about it."

The youngster's grandmother, Alice Walker, also dismissed the findings of the polygraph test that Mitchell and his mother Corinne are said to have passed.

She said: "Of course it is a load of lies, it just shows you what good liars are."

The family, including Jodi's sister Janine and brother Joseph, who all still stay near the murder scene in Dalkeith, Midlothian, remain too upset to discuss Mitchell's claims in detail.

However, sources close to the family say they have been badly shaken by his public protestations of innocence - particularly the bizarre claim that he still loves Jodi and thinks about her every day.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 05:53:25 PM »
‘Jailed Luke Mitchell has recently boasted of passing a lie detector test and told how he still loves the girlfriend he was convicted of slaying following a sensational trial in 2005.

His protests come as his legal team step up their campaign for the 23-year-old to be freed on human rights grounds by judges in Europe.

But Jodi's mother, Judith, yesterday told the Scottish Sunday Express: "It is disgusting, that's all I can say about it."

The youngster's grandmother, Alice Walker, also dismissed the findings of the polygraph test that Mitchell and his mother Corinne are said to have passed.

She said: "Of course it is a load of lies, it just shows you what good liars are."

The family, including Jodi's sister Janine and brother Joseph, who all still stay near the murder scene in Dalkeith, Midlothian, remain too upset to discuss Mitchell's claims in detail.

However, sources close to the family say they have been badly shaken by his public protestations of innocence - particularly the bizarre claim that he still loves Jodi and thinks about her every day.

Mitchell will undoubtedly be offered a new identity and anonymity and be moved away after his eventual release just like Karen Matthews and Maxine Carr.

For a 12-year-old to be involved in knife crime he must have some serious issues.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:00:07 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
Mitchell will undoubtedly be offered a new identity and anonymity and be moved away after his eventual release just like Karen Matthews and Maxine Carr.

There appears to be a misogynistic element going on with him from a young age - or possible signs of

and there’s also the possible Piquerism paraphilia

The innocent lad who Sandra Lean claims ‘hacked off his hair’ (instead of using the word ‘cut’  *&^^&) used clippers and/or a pair of scissors I suspect
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:08:01 PM by Nicholas »