Author Topic: Sandra Lean submits new Application to SCCRC in Luke Mitchell case.  (Read 6745 times)

Offline Joanne

Re: Sandra Lean submits new Application to SCCRC in Luke Mitchell case
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
I think we need a thread of who's who on the blue somewhere.

Online John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
    • Justice 4 John Lamberton
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
I forgot to add an observation and a piece of advice yesterday when I made the comment about the submission which Sandra Lean made to the SCCRC.

They don't like lots of paper Sandra and you will find that they will reject every one of you points out of hand on the basis of very little substance.  You will also find out that they will not undertake any investigation into what you allege as to do so would require them to get off their backsides and actually leave their comfy offices in Glasgow.

The SCCRC are understaffed and underfunded.  They are completely incapable of doing the job that they were set up for.  End off!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:31:32 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
Sandra Lean is stepping out more now in the hope that she may be taken seriously coming up to her ex boyfriends next appearance in court.  Do you think she will publicly support him this time or will she sit on the proverbial fence in case his demise tarnishes her already pockmarked career.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »
Sandra Lean is stepping out more now in the hope that she may be taken seriously coming up to her ex boyfriends next appearance in court.  Do you think she will publicly support him this time or will she sit on the proverbial fence in case his demise tarnishes her already pockmarked career.
She is promoting her next book of fiction which is due out later this year.  I hope all theses book sales are being recorded on the charity register?   8(0(*
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Online John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
    • Justice 4 John Lamberton
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »
She is promoting her next book of fiction which is due out later this year.  I hope all theses book sales are being recorded on the charity register?   8(0(*

I read that somewhere Mark and thought maybe I should do a book about her given all the information which has been provided to me recently.  Her involvement with the Luke Mitchell case is so unprofessional, she is letting her personal feelings rule her head.  No reputable professional person would ever let themselves get into such a situation.  Undoubtedly she has much to learn yet.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline insider

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 03:48:07 AM »
A year has passed since Sandra Lean and Corinne Mitchell delivered the 300 page Application on behalf of Luke Mitchell to the SCCRC in Glasgow.  The Scottish Sunday Mail now reports the unusual move in that Mitchell is to be interviewed in jail by investigators from the Commission and will be permitted to have the self styled 'criminologist'  Dr Lean by his side.

Given her previous wrong calls in both the Adrian Prout and the Simon Hall cases (both have now confessed to being murderers) I for one won't be holding my breath for anything of significance.

Miscarriage of justice experts to interview Luke Mitchell in jail

The Scottish Mail on Sunday
By Bob Smyth - 11 Aug 2013

KILLER Luke Mitchell believes he is moving closer to clearing his name after official ‘miscarriage of justice’ investigators asked to come to interview him in jail.

The 25-year-old is serving a life sentence in Shotts Prison for the murder in 2003 of his teenage girlfriend Jodi Jones.

Although he has been in prison since 2005, Mitchell has always protested his innocence and has presented his case to the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCCRC) in an attempt to overturn his murder conviction.

Now investigators from the justice watchdog have taken the unusual step of asking to meet Mitchell to discuss why he thinks the case against him was unfair.

The SCCRC, which has the power to recommend a new appeal, has so far spent more than a year studying a 300-page dossier on his case.

The commission does not automatically speak to applicants, saying it only does so ‘if necessary’, but has written to Mitchell to say he will be interviewed by it in Shotts next month.

Last night Mitchell’s mother Corinne said: ‘Luke is looking forward to speaking to the commission. He told me he is glad they are putting so much effort into reviewing his case and hopes they can get to the truth to prove his innocence.’

The SCCRC has told Mitchell its committee held a review of his application on the anniversary of its submission last month, deciding it should be continued for further investigation.

The body normally aims to complete investigations within nine months but Mitchell’s supporters say they want the organisation to take as long as it needs.

Mitchell has been behind bars since he was 15 and has continually protested his innocence over the murder of 14-year-old Jodi, who was killed near her home in Dalkeith, Midlothian, in 2003.

The killer, who is serving a minimum of 20 years for the teenager’s murder, has been told he will be allowed to have criminologist Dr Sandra Lean by his side during the SCCRC meeting.

She has spearheaded the campaign to free Mitchell along with his mother Corinne and researched and wrote the bulk of the SCCRC application. Dr Lean said the commission’s correspondence did not detail the areas of the case it wishes to discuss with Mitchell.

She added: ‘We are pleased with this latest development. The commission is the first organisation that has kept Luke appraised of progress in his own case. We don’t have details of exactly what has been reviewed to date. However, we’re confident that the result of the review will be honest, fair and just.

‘When the application was first made, discussions were undertaken about the length of time such a complex case might take. Luke asked me to pass on to the commission that he was not at all concerned about them completing their review within the usual nine-month period.

‘We would all rather know that the review was thorough and that there had been time enough for that to be the case, rather than feeling the SCCRC was under time pressure.

‘The commission also has the opportunity to speak to witnesses who have provided us with fresh information about the case. It would also be welcome if it interviewed police officers, serving and retired, who worked on the murder investigation, as they certainly have some questions to answer.’

http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-339334556/miscarriage-of-justice-experts-to-interview-luke-mitchell
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:48:56 PM by Admin »
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline Angelo222

• Senior Moderator
  • Post editor
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
Saint Rita rides again.  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:35:48 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Offline Joanne

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »
Dr Lean seems to do more harm than good, has she done any case justice that she's been involved in at all?
I might have asked this before and been told no.

Offline sika

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »
Dr Lean seems to do more harm than good, has she done any case justice that she's been involved in at all?
I might have asked this before and been told no.
It's not for the want of trying though!

I find it difficult to criticise Sandra Lean too harshly.  Although I think her judgement is left wanting, I believe that her intentions are pure.  She also seems to conduct herself in a polite and restrained manner, in the face of what is often, quite hostile and aggressive questioning.

How do you think she may have actually harmed anyone's case?

Offline Joanne

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »
I fear that her being associated with a case will put other people off from helping them because of her misguided judgement. I don't know how credible she is with regards to her achieving what she sets out to do and when all your cases are 'losses' then I don't know how you could come back from it. But she won't be the first to get it wrong and she won't be the last.