Author Topic: Ciprianos confess before the judge of instruction of the Court of Portimão  (Read 29718 times)

Offline Carana

The fact that she confessed to a magistrate when charged ages before "the torture"
did she ever say she was tortured into doing so?

I've only ever found some reference to the fact that she had via a tabloid article at the time. Bluffing a suspect into "confession", or even non-physical torture techniques is not unknown (sleep deprivation, absence from family, accusations supposedly from someone else).

People can end up "confessing" to crimes that they had never committed. I've posted numerous studies on this.

Offline John

I've only ever found some reference to the fact that she had via a tabloid article at the time. Bluffing a suspect into "confession", or even non-physical torture techniques is not unknown (sleep deprivation, absence from family, accusations supposedly from someone else).

People can end up "confessing" to crimes that they had never committed. I've posted numerous studies on this.

She was living at home at the time of her first revelation, she had a police guard outside.  I really cannot understand you making excuses for Leonor, I thought you could see through her charade?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

She was living at home at the time of her first revelation, she had a police guard outside.  I really cannot understand you making excuses for Leonor, I thought you could see through her charade?

I really can't understand why -  after it has been proved in court that Leonora Cipriano was viciously tortured by police officers during interrogation, she (the victim) was then given an extended prison sentence, while the guilty policemen remained unidentified, unpunished and still in a job.

If that's not a charade I don't know what is.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

I really can't understand why -  after it has been proved in court that Leonora Cipriano was viciously tortured by police officers during interrogation, she (the victim) was then given an extended prison sentence, while the guilty policemen remained unidentified, unpunished and still in a job.

If that's not a charade I don't know what is.

AIMHO

She got an extended sentence for committing perjury before the judge.  The women is a compulsive liar.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline sadie

She got an extended sentence for committing perjury before the judge.  The women is a compulsive liar.
John, would you care to tell us exactly what her perjury was.  TY in anticiption.

Offline John

Re: Ciprianos confess before the judge of instruction of the Court of Portimão
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2016, 02:18:06 AM »
John, would you care to tell us exactly what her perjury was.  TY in anticiption.

No problem Sadie.

Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to an additional seven months in prison for perjury. 

At issue were the "false statements" she made before the trial of the five inspectors of the Judicial Police. On reading the judgment the president of the group of judges stated he had, "No doubt that the defendant lied".  The judge highlighted the "different versions and contradictions" that Joana's mother gave when she appeared in court in 2008 when the five inspectors of the PJ were tried.

At the time it was proved that Leonor was indeed assaulted on the premises of the Judicial Police in Faro while being interrogated during the investigation into the disappearance of her daughter in 2004. However, the trial failed to prove who carried out the assaults and Leonor's testimony was full of contradictions.

Offline sadie

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
No problem Sadie.

Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to an additional seven months in prison for perjury. 

At issue were the "false statements" she made before the trial of the five inspectors of the Judicial Police. On reading the judgment the president of the group of judges stated he had, "No doubt that the defendant lied".  The judge highlighted the "different versions and contradictions" that Joana's mother gave when she appeared in court in 2008 when the five inspectors of the PJ were tried.

At the time it was proved that Leonor was indeed assaulted on the premises of the Judicial Police in Faro while being interrogated during the investigation into the disappearance of her daughter in 2004. However, the trial failed to prove who carried out the assaults and Leonor's testimony was full of contradictions.

So poor peasant woman Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to a further 7 months jail sentence for perjury ...  on top of the 16 years already given

Yet Chief Inspector Amaral who was also sentenced for perjury ... was given NO actual jail sentence, but 18 months suspended jail sentence ... and allowed to carry on in his job as senior Police Officer. 

You tell us that Chief Inspector in Portugal is equivalent to Superintendent of Police in the UK ... yet a man of his status got off virtually scot free?   8()(((@#

Offline John

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »
So poor peasant woman Leonor Cipriano was sentenced to a further 7 months jail sentence for perjury ...  on top of the 16 years already given

Yet Chief Inspector Amaral who was also sentenced for perjury ... was given NO actual jail sentence, but 18 months suspended jail sentence ... and allowed to carry on in his job as senior Police Officer. 

You tell us that Chief Inspector in Portugal is equivalent to Superintendent of Police in the UK ... yet a man of his status got off virtually scot free?   8()(((@#

Undoubtedly, Amaral was lucky to avoid jail, some of his former associates in the PJ weren't so lucky second time around.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6218.msg223684#msg223684
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:26:29 PM by John »

Offline Carana

According to the Correia da PJ, unless you have a more reliable source.

How long had she been interrogated for by that time? And under what circumstances? If someone could provide a full video of her entire time in police custody at that initial time, I'd go through it and perhaps change my assessment.

Offline John

According to the Correia da PJ, unless you have a more reliable source.

How long had she been interrogated for by that time? And under what circumstances? If someone could provide a full video of her entire time in police custody at that initial time, I'd go through it and perhaps change my assessment.

Chronology of events.

12 SEPTEMBER 2004
Joana Cipriano (8) is last seen in Figueira, Portimão.

Sun 18 SEPTEMBER 2004
The child's mother, Leonor Cipriano, claims that the girl was abducted.

Tue 21 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano being questioned at Faro Directorate by PJ, spends
Tuesday night at the Directorate.

Wed 22 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano taken home to Figueira by PJ officers in order to
undertake a house search.

Thur 23 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano spent the night at home under police surveillance, being
taken back to the Faro Directorate by the PJ this morning.

Fri 24 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano taken to Court along with brother John
for first hearing.

Sat 25 SEPTEMBER 2004 (2.30am)
Leonor Cipriano remanded in custody. John Cipriano
released on bail.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:46:19 PM by John »

Offline Angelo222

Chronology of events.

12 SEPTEMBER 2004
Joana Cipriano (8) is last seen in Figueira, Portimão.

Sun 18 SEPTEMBER 2004
The child's mother, Leonor Cipriano, claims that the girl was abducted.

Tue 21 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano being questioned at Faro Directorate by PJ, spends
Tuesday night at the Directorate.

Wed 22 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano taken home to Figueira by PJ officers in order to
undertake a house search.

Thur 23 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano spent the night at home under police surveillance, being
taken back to the Faro Directorate by the PJ this morning.

Fri 24 SEPTEMBER 2004
Leonor Cipriano taken to Court along with brother John
for first hearing.

Sat 25 SEPTEMBER 2004 (2.30am)
Leonor Cipriano remanded in custody. John Cipriano
released on bail.

And the torture came much later while she was in prison.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2017, 06:22:26 AM »
And the torture came much later while she was in prison.
As Carana has pointer out there is no real evidence that she confessed before being tortured
And the confession was the only real evidence against her

Offline John

As Carana has pointer out there is no real evidence that she confessed before being tortured
And the confession was the only real evidence against her

That is why she was arrested and held in custody in the first place while her brother John Cipriano was bailed.  Leonor initially said she caused the fatal injury to her daughter when she hit her head off a wall while her brother admitted to removing the child's body and disposing of it.  She changed her story thereafter as we all know blaming her brother for the killing.