Author Topic: Are there other cases of leaving children where the parents have been charged ?  (Read 42397 times)

stephen25000

Here is a case of neglect where the parent  was sentenced.

She lost custody of her children.

She regrets what she did.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glamour-model-left-two-children-5088906

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:26:48 AM by John »

Offline Wonderfulspam

Wannabe glamour model mum left two kids home alone to go drink-driving with her BABY in car

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/wannabe-glamour-model-mum-left-8563338

'Wannabe glamour model'

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:59:32 PM by Eleanor »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Alice Purjorick

instead deliberately leaving the front door unlocked so they could ''run out if there was a fire.''
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

instead deliberately leaving the front door unlocked so they could ''run out if there was a fire.''

The mccanns gave the same excuse.

i.e. Small children are aware of fire risks ???

NO THEY AREN'T

Offline misty

Where was the father when all this was going on?

Offline Angelo222

Here is a case of neglect where the parent  was sentenced.

She lost custody of her children.

She regrets what she did.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glamour-model-left-two-children-5088906

Its worthy of note that the mother was prosecuted for neglect even though there was no wilful or intentional malice towards the children.

If you take the circumstances of Maddie's disappearance and replicate it in suburban England would that also fall within the spectra referred to as neglect?   Does losing a child somehow mitigate that neglect as appears to have happened in Portugal?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:10:49 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

Its worthy of note that the mother was prosecuted for neglect even though there was no wilful or intentional malice towards the children.

If you take the circumstances of Maddie's disappearance and replicate it in suburban England would that also fall within the spectra referred to as neglect?   Does losing a child somehow mitigate that neglect as appears to have happened in Portugal?

A very good question Angelo.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

Is it more neglectful to leave children alone inside a home while you are outside, or leave them outside alone while you are inside the home?
(Madeleine/April)

ferryman

Key point is that the McCanns left their children tucked up in bed sound asleep, while this mother left her two children wide awake and up while she was driving (drunk) with a third child in the car.

No comparison with the McCanns at all really.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Key point is that the McCanns left their children tucked up in bed sound asleep, while this mother left her two children wide awake and up while she was driving (drunk) with a third child in the car.

Depends which version you read.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

Which bit isn't the same?  Is it the bit where the children were all in bed?

Remind me, wasn't that exactly what the McCanns did ie left their children asleep and alone in an unlocked apartment?

The drink driving issue is irrelevant to this discussion by the way since it has no bearing on the neglect charge.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:13:34 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

I completely agree.

If the McCann's had done the same thing in the UK, there can be no doubt they would have been up before a court.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:03:34 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Benice

Which bit isn't the same?  Is it the bit where the children were all in bed?

Remind me, wasn't that exactly what the McCanns did ie left their children asleep and alone in an unlocked apartment?

The drink driving issue is irrelevant to this discussion by the way since it has no bearing on the neglect charge.

As long as it's not against the law at holiday venues for parents to leave their children asleep whilst they go to dinner,  knowing they will  be regularly checked -  the practice will continue.   It's quite irrational really, as many of the parents who do that on holiday - would not dream of doing it at home imo.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Alice Purjorick

Where was the father when all this was going on?

Clearly not in a position to help.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:32:49 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Eleanor

Okay.  We are wandering off topic again.  Please stop now.