Author Topic: Missing Teenager Rebecca Watts found murdered.  (Read 34510 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Missing Teenager Rebecca Watts found murdered.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
Avon and Somerset Constabulary

Did you see car connected to the Rebecca Watts investigation?

Added on 02 March 2015 at 11:57

We’re appealing for witnesses who may have seen a vehicle in connection with the Rebecca Watts missing person investigation.

We would like to hear from anyone who saw a black Vauxhall Zafira with the registration plate HY06 HYA.

The critical time period is from the morning of Thursday 19th February until Monday 23rd February. We are, however, keen to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle in the days either side of this.

We also need to speak to any previous owners of this vehicle. If you have owned this car in the last few years, we need to speak to you as a matter of urgency.

We have seized this car but need the public’s help in piecing together where it might have been.

If you think you saw this vehicle during this time, please contact us immediately on 101 or use the online reporting tool found here http://bit.ly/1DUdhyi.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/help-us-to-find-missing-rebecca-(16)/did-you-see-car-connected-to-the-rebecca-watts-investigation

I wonder what was found in the car, that makes it necessary to speak to previous owners?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 10:02:49 AM »
Police spokesman has just given a short statement to the effect that body parts believed to be the missing teenager have been discovered.  Five further individuals have been arrested, charged with assisting an offender.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/03/becky-watts-search-continues-pair-continue-to-be-questioned
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:34:10 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Anna

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »
What dreadful, dreadful, news. My Thoughts and prayers are with the parents, who must be totally devastated with this news.
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
It never ceases to amaze what one human being can do to another.  Not content with murdering this young innocent girl these misfits of society had to defile her remains too in an attempt to protect their own miserable skins.

It is cases like this which reinforces my belief in capital punishment.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:51:23 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

Significant discovery made in Becky Watts investigation

Added on 03 March 2015 at 09:57

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour made the following statement:

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

“Although formal identification procedures have not yet been completed, we have made Becky’s family aware of this discovery.

“As a result of this latest development, a further four men and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

“They remain in police custody at this time as do the man and the woman arrested on suspicion of Becky’s murder.

“This is devastating news for Becky’s family and friends and our thoughts are with them. We will continue to offer every support we can to them during this terrible ordeal.”

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/help-us-to-find-missing-rebecca-(16)/significant-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Lyall

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
It never ceases to amaze what one human being can do to another.  Not content with murdering this young innocent girl these misfits of society had to defile her remains too in an attempt to protect their own miserable skins.

It is cases like this which reinforces my belief in capital punishment.

It certainly seems to work well in the USA.

&%&£(+

Lyall

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
Very unusual to see the newspapers behaving themselves. Editors must be in straightjackets.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
Police have appealed for people to be sensitive to the family's feelings at this horrific time for them.

In an apparent plea to any potential Twitter trolls, Avon and Somerset Police called on people to think about what they are saying on social networks.

This comes after the tragic news was announced this morning that body parts had been discovered in the search for Becky.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-becky-watts-live-updates-5262015#rlabs=16
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:47:32 PM by Mr Moderator »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
Very unusual to see the newspapers behaving themselves. Editors must be in straightjackets.

Hopefully they and the police still remember the Christopher Jeffries fiasco.

Offline a.baker

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 04:02:42 AM »
I read that the two main suspects being questioned are Becky's step-brother and his girlfriend. Don't know if this is true or not?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »

Stepbrother charged with Becky Watts murder in Bristol

4 March 2015 Last updated at 17:05

Nathan Matthews, the stepbrother of missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, has been charged with her murder, Avon and Somerset Police have said.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, also known as Shauna Phillips, has been charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The pair, of Cotton Mill Lane, Bristol, are due before magistrates on Thursday.

Four other men and a woman, all in their 20s, are still being questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Mr Matthews and Ms Hoare are due to appear at Bristol Magistrates Court at 10:00 GMT on Thursday.

Becky, who was described by her family as "wonderful", was last seen on 19 February and was reported missing the following day.

Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare were arrested at the weekend

Floral tributes have been left outside Becky's home in St George, Bristol

On Tuesday, body parts were found at a house in Barton Hill, Bristol.

Floral tributes have been left outside Becky's home and near the house where the body parts were found.

St Ambrose Church, near the family home, is to be opened until 21:00 GMT, and again from 10:30 to 21:00 on Thursday, for people to light candles in the 16-year-old's memory.

A book of condolence has also been placed there.

The Right Reverend Mike Hill, Bishop of Bristol, paid tribute to Becky's family and said he had been "deeply" affected by the death.

"I feel sure that people both of faith and of no faith will join with me in wishing to support the friends and family of Becky Watts," he said.

On Wednesday morning, magistrates granted police a further 24 hours to question the two men aged 29, two aged 23 and a woman aged 23 who had been arrested earlier in the week on suspicion of assisting an offender.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-31737528

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »

Becky Watts: Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare appear in court

Stepbrother of 16-year-old is charged with her murder and his girlfriend is charged with perverting the course of justice

Steven Morris Thursday 5 March 2015

The stepbrother of Becky Watts has appeared in court charged with her murder exactly two weeks after the 16-year-old vanished from her home in Bristol.

Nathan Matthews, 28, was led in and out of the glass-fronted dock at Bristol magistrates’ court in handcuffs and showed little emotion as the charge of murder was read out.

Matthews will next appear – via videolink – at Bristol crown court on Friday. A preliminary hearing in Hoare’s case will take place on 2 April.

Security around the court in the centre of Bristol, two miles from where body parts were found on Monday night, was tight as anger grows over the killing of the teenager. A marked police van flanked by four officers on foot is believed to have transported the pair into the court complex.

Matthews and Hoare – also known as Phillips – were arrested last weekend as police searched for Becky, who vanished on 19 February. They were initially questioned on suspicion of kidnapping. On Monday, detectives revealed that they had been further arrested on suspicion of murder and the police had until 3.50pm on Wednesday to release or charge the pair.

Shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, Avon and Somerset police announced they had been charged: Matthews with murder, Hoare with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Ahead of their appearances on Thursday, district judge Lynne Matthews warned the media that there would be automatic restrictions over what could be reported. She said she did not expect to see a “flurry of activity” on the internet.

Wearing a blue T-shirt and looking tired and unshaven, Matthews was led into the dock in handcuffs by a female custody officer. When asked what his name was he did not hear and said: “Sorry?” He then gave his name his date of birth – 9 January 1987 – and his address as a street in Warmley, a village on the outskirts on Bristol.

The district judge told him the case would have to go to crown court. “As we all know, this case will have to go to the crown court. I cannot entertain any application for bail this morning and thus I will remand you in custody until tomorrow,” she said.

Matthews nodded as the judge told him he would appear at the crown court via videolink. The female custody officer put the handcuffs back on and he was led out. The hearing took a minute or so.

A few minutes later Hoare, who wore a baggy dark blue T-shirt, was brought into the same dock. Her long brown hair looked unwashed. Speaking very quietly, she confirmed her name, address and date of birth – 12 February 1994 – and again showed little emotion. She gave a different address from Matthews’ – Cotton Mill Lane in Barton Hill, Bristol, which has been the subject of intensive police searches. The judge told her that she would be remanded in custody given the seriousness of the offence.

The charge states that Hoare “did a series of acts which had the tendency to pervert the course of public justice in that you hindered the police investigation to assist Nathan Matthews and intended for him to avoid detection for the murder of Rebecca Watts”. Her hearing also only lasted about a minute.

The court was packed with reporters. Becky’s father, Darren Galsworthy, and stepmother, Anjie Galsworthy, did not attend.

A small group gathered outside the court and four members of the public angrily struck the side of the custody van as it departed.

Linda Dobson, 47, who was with her husband, Donny, 52, said: “What’s happened is horrifying. All of Bristol are livid. She was a young girl with so much to live for.” Another person, who lives near Becky’s home, said: “I live in that area, my kids go to school there, they play in the parks. But now I’m too scared to let them go alone.”

Matthews is a delivery driver and claims on his Facebook page that he served in the British army. Hoare posted appeals for information about Becky on social media before she was arrested. They have a young child.

Police continue to hold another four men and a woman, all in their 20s, on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Hoare was briefly taken to hospital on Tuesday night. A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that the woman in custody arrested on suspicion of the murder of Becky Watts was taken to hospital after feeling unwell in custody. She was seen by a doctor and taken back into custody a short time later.”

Members of Becky’s family have expressed their anguish at what has happened while churches and other religious centres in Bristol held services, vigils and opened books of condolence.

Becky’s brother, Dan Galsworthy, 20, posted a message on Facebook describing his loss. “This has left a deep hole in my heart and will continue to haunt me,” he wrote. “To everyone messaging and supporting me I haven’t replied to any messages because I simply have no words, I thank you all and deeply appreciate everyone’s support. Love to you all.”

Sarah Broom, the sister of Becky’s father, Darren Galsworthy, posted on her Facebook page: “He [Galsworthy] is completely and utterly broken and there is nothing in this world of comfort to him. How does a parent ever recover from this? How can a family?”

Addressing the 16-year-old, she said: “So with tears rolling down my face Becky, you beautiful, beautiful soul, you have touched so many hearts and changed so many lives! Your shy, inverted nature has outshone and touched a whole city and beyond!”

Becky’s uncle, Sam Galsworthy, told ITV News: “It was the most undignified end to a beautiful life, full of promise. As her family, it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But we know it is there and the support from family, friends and the nation will help us find that light.

“She will live on in the hearts of all of us. We will reclaim Rebecca’s dignity. And eventually, as a community, we will lay her to rest with the utmost respect and love.”

It emerged on Wednesday that a house on the other side of Bristol, in Avonmouth, had also been searched. A neighbour there said: “Two riot vans full of officers turned up and went into the house. Police wouldn’t say much, but we were told it was to do with the young girl, Becky Watts.” Police confirmed that the operation was connected.

Becky’s boyfriend, Luke Oberhansli, was among those who has laid flowers outside her father and stepmother’s home. Nearby, a book of condolence was set up next to a candle and flowers at St Ambrose church.

The Rev David James said: “Rebecca was a pupil of Summerhill junior school just round the corner, so she would have come here every year for the Christmas carol service. These events have truly shocked people.”

Jan Bird, 64, from St George, Bristol, visited the church with two friends to pay their respects. She said: “It’s a nightmare; a living nightmare for that family that will never go away.”

An online fundraising appeal has been set up on behalf of the Galsworthy family in a bid to raise £20,000 to pay for her funeral.

The message on the Go Fund Me page says: “With the support of the public it is our wish to give Rebecca the biggest sendoff we possibly can to honour this much-loved girl, taken far too soon. We also wish to support her immediate family while they continue to grieve through the unbearable pain and take away any financial burden they may face in the aftermath of this tragedy.”

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/05/becky-watts-nathan-matthews-and-shauna-hoare-appear-in-court

Offline Carana

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 05:17:30 PM »
Many thanks to Spam for the updates.

Without wishing to offend your sense of hard-earned street-cred as an obnoxious WUM, I hope it's ok to say that I find that you appear to have behaved quite decently over this sad case, on this board at least.

Offline Anna

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
A great job you are doing Spam, Thank you  8@??)(
― Plato