Author Topic: Ex-PJ detective Paulo Pereira Cristóvão remanded in custody  (Read 50893 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Ex-PJ detective Paulo Pereira Cristóvão remanded in custody
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »
http://sol.pt/noticia/275671

Case Cardinal: Defendant confirms surveillance footballers Sporting

08/04/2015 20:17:46

The former vice president of Sporting Paulo Pereira Cristovao started today on trial in Lisbon, under the 'Cardinal case', in session with the other accused in the case has confirmed that the club watched their players.

Victor Viegas said he was contacted by Paulo Pereira Cristovao, former Inspector of Judicial Police, to make a "monitoring of the assets of the club and its social life," which he called "an almost invisible work".

Viegas said that the contract between your company - Businlog - created for this purpose was signed by Godinho Lopes and Carlos Barbosa, who at the time was president and vice president of Sporting, respectively.

The Businlog hired after two employees to the Right Expert, an undertaking which was linked Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who along with Victor Viegas were in charge of monitoring and support to the players.

Victor Viegas confirmed the existence of a list of names, addresses and license plates of the cars of footballers, explaining that it also had data on women of some players and it was updated as we had inputs and outputs on the roster.

The two employees were, according to Victor Viegas, Joaquim Alves and Rui Martins, which, according to the indictment, will be involved in an attempt to bribe the referee assistant Joseph Cardinal.

The defendant explained that he received monthly Sporting 8,000 euros, of which 6,000 were channeled to the Right Expert to pay the two employees.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who is being held in prison in Évora since March 3 as part of another process, decided not to testify at the first session of the trial, presided by Judge Marisa Arnedo.

The former vice president of Sporting is accused of a serious fraud crime, another of money laundering, embezzlement two plus a wanton through computer, an illegitimate access and, finally, a slanderous denunciation aggravated.

About Victor Viegas, which guaranteed never to have been asked for any surveillance referees or members of the club direction, hang the charges of aggravated fraud, money laundering and wanton by computer.

During the afternoon session, the jury court heard the former referee assist José Cardinal - who is an assistant in the process - which has reportedly been the victim of bribery attempt by Paulo Pereira Cristovao.

Cardinal confirmed it had received in your account a sum of 2,000 euros, days before a game between Sporting and the Sea, for which it was named.

Cardinal said he realized that it was a "trap" and so decided to donate the money the association of social solidarity.

"I called Vítor Pereira, president of the Board of Arbitration, and said to him, '. I am the victim of a trap I will ask you to get me out of the game'," said Cardinal.

Former assistant referee said he lived "months of anguish" between December 2011 and April 2012, when the Judicial Police investigated the case after a complaint.

Cardinal explained the whole situation affected your personal and sporting life, adding that eventually gave up the idea of ​​becoming observer after leaving the arbitration.

For the first session was scheduled hearing of former Sporting Godinho Lopes, but was eventually postponed, as the other two witnesses for May 6.

Early in the session, the lawyer Paulo Pereira Cristovao, Paulo Farinha Alves, requested the trial to be made behind closed doors, but the application was rejected.

Last October, as part of the sports courts, the Disciplinary Board of the Portuguese Football Federation suspended Paulo Pereira Cristovao for 15 months and punished him with a fine of three thousand euros.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao is in custody since March 3, charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy and kidnapping in connection with another case

Lusa / SOL

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »
http://sol.pt/noticia/275671

Case Cardinal: Defendant confirms surveillance footballers Sporting

08/04/2015 20:17:46

The former vice president of Sporting Paulo Pereira Cristovao started today on trial in Lisbon, under the 'Cardinal case', in session with the other accused in the case has confirmed that the club watched their players.

Victor Viegas said he was contacted by Paulo Pereira Cristovao, former Inspector of Judicial Police, to make a "monitoring of the assets of the club and its social life," which he called "an almost invisible work".

Viegas said that the contract between your company - Businlog - created for this purpose was signed by Godinho Lopes and Carlos Barbosa, who at the time was president and vice president of Sporting, respectively.

The Businlog hired after two employees to the Right Expert, an undertaking which was linked Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who along with Victor Viegas were in charge of monitoring and support to the players.

Victor Viegas confirmed the existence of a list of names, addresses and license plates of the cars of footballers, explaining that it also had data on women of some players and it was updated as we had inputs and outputs on the roster.

The two employees were, according to Victor Viegas, Joaquim Alves and Rui Martins, which, according to the indictment, will be involved in an attempt to bribe the referee assistant Joseph Cardinal.

The defendant explained that he received monthly Sporting 8,000 euros, of which 6,000 were channeled to the Right Expert to pay the two employees.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who is being held in prison in Évora since March 3 as part of another process, decided not to testify at the first session of the trial, presided by Judge Marisa Arnedo.

The former vice president of Sporting is accused of a serious fraud crime, another of money laundering, embezzlement two plus a wanton through computer, an illegitimate access and, finally, a slanderous denunciation aggravated.

About Victor Viegas, which guaranteed never to have been asked for any surveillance referees or members of the club direction, hang the charges of aggravated fraud, money laundering and wanton by computer.

During the afternoon session, the jury court heard the former referee assist José Cardinal - who is an assistant in the process - which has reportedly been the victim of bribery attempt by Paulo Pereira Cristovao.

Cardinal confirmed it had received in your account a sum of 2,000 euros, days before a game between Sporting and the Sea, for which it was named.

Cardinal said he realized that it was a "trap" and so decided to donate the money the association of social solidarity.

"I called Vítor Pereira, president of the Board of Arbitration, and said to him, '. I am the victim of a trap I will ask you to get me out of the game'," said Cardinal.

Former assistant referee said he lived "months of anguish" between December 2011 and April 2012, when the Judicial Police investigated the case after a complaint.

Cardinal explained the whole situation affected your personal and sporting life, adding that eventually gave up the idea of ​​becoming observer after leaving the arbitration.

For the first session was scheduled hearing of former Sporting Godinho Lopes, but was eventually postponed, as the other two witnesses for May 6.

Early in the session, the lawyer Paulo Pereira Cristovao, Paulo Farinha Alves, requested the trial to be made behind closed doors, but the application was rejected.

Last October, as part of the sports courts, the Disciplinary Board of the Portuguese Football Federation suspended Paulo Pereira Cristovao for 15 months and punished him with a fine of three thousand euros.

Paulo Pereira Cristovao is in custody since March 3, charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy and kidnapping in connection with another case

Lusa / SOL

" Early in the session, the lawyer Paulo Pereira Cristovao, Paulo Farinha Alves, requested the trial to be made behind closed doors, but the application was rejected."

Why are these people, through their lawyers, so keen that no-one should actually witness what goes on in the courtroom?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »
" Early in the session, the lawyer Paulo Pereira Cristovao, Paulo Farinha Alves, requested the trial to be made behind closed doors, but the application was rejected."

Why are these people, through their lawyers, so keen that no-one should actually witness what goes on in the courtroom?

Tis a way of hiding the truth

... and also given the "right people in situ" an opportunity to fiddle the case results

As far as Justice is concerned it is a very dangerous practice

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
Pereira Cristovao second trial session postponed

The trial of the "Case Cardinal" continues on 22.

By SAPO Sport sapodesporto@sapo.pt

The second session of the trial of Paul Christopher Pereira, former vice president of Sporting, under the "Process Cardinal" was postponed.

The session was scheduled for this morning, but will be held only on 22 April at the Palace of Justice in Lisbon.

It is recalled that Pereira Cristovao is being held, but in other proceedings, being charged with aggravated robbery, kidnapping and criminal association.

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2015/04/15/segunda-sessao-de-julgamento-de-pereira-cristovao-adiada
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Anna

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »
Pereira Cristovao second trial session postponed

The trial of the "Case Cardinal" continues on 22.

By SAPO Sport sapodesporto@sapo.pt

The second session of the trial of Paul Christopher Pereira, former vice president of Sporting, under the "Process Cardinal" was postponed.

The session was scheduled for this morning, but will be held only on 22 April at the Palace of Justice in Lisbon.

It is recalled that Pereira Cristovao is being held, but in other proceedings, being charged with aggravated robbery, kidnapping and criminal association.

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2015/04/15/segunda-sessao-de-julgamento-de-pereira-cristovao-adiada

I wonder why it was postponed. He is in prison, is he not?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 03:13:55 PM »
Could someone remind me of the significance of all this?  Thank you.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline DCI

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »
Could someone remind me of the significance of all this?  Thank you.

It's the title of the topic, Jassi.

Offline jassi

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
It's the title of the topic, Jassi.

No doubt, but I don't understand the significance of his arrest in relationship to Madeleine's disappearance.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline DCI

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
I wonder why it was postponed. He is in prison, is he not?

No idea, Anna. The Kidnapping of who?, I wonder!

Perhaps he's been beaten up!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »
No doubt, but I don't understand the significance of his arrest in relationship to Madeleine's disappearance.

I was wondering the same thing myself jassi. Over an kph our since the sustain was asked and still no answer !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 03:51:27 PM »
For pity sake Faithlilly and Jassi DO keep up you will be the cause of us septics [I know] having a bad name.
The man is Portuguese ; now do you understand.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
For pity sake Faithlilly and Jassi DO keep up you will be the cause of us septics [I know] having a bad name.

Well why didn't they say so sooner. Of course it all makes sense now !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
The man is not only Portuguese, he is also an ex-cop, best mate and number 1 supporter of Amaral, writer of a book based on the Madeleine case, and all round super great guy.  His current "problems" are of course completely irrelevant, in the same way that if Clarence Mitchell was arrested and thrown in jail for fraud it would be completely irrelevant and the sceptics would of course completely ignore it.  @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »

There has been a lot of criticism of the McCanns choice of private detectives re their criminal activity. There seems to be a lot of detectives from the PJ involved with the Maddie case who have now got criminal records...strange but true

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »
The man is not only Portuguese, he is also an ex-cop, best mate and number 1 supporter of Amaral, writer of a book based on the Madeleine case, and all round super great guy.  His current "problems" are of course completely irrelevant, in the same way that if Clarence Mitchell was arrested and thrown in jail for fraud it would be completely irrelevant and the sceptics would of course completely ignore it.  @)(++(*

Got in one. Give the man a coconut.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey