Author Topic: Where to start? Help my innocent brother serving 10 years - historical case  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Johnnie

I desperately need help or guidance for my brother who was sentenced to 6 years in December 2014. A crime he did not commit, he is completely innocent. This alleged incident took place over 20 years ago, there was no evidence whatsoever! In Feb 2015 his sentence was increased by four years in courts of appeal, apparently his 6 years was too lenient! Even worse he knew nothing about increase of sentence, his absolute waste of time legal team failed to notify him!
He is in the latter part of his life, he is 62 years old, his long term partner is disabled and he was her carer. Up until the last 18 months he worked all his life.
We are totally devastated as a family and he simply can't believe it is happening.
I am his older brother, iam 64 and have more or less no knowledge of IT, my partner has helped me join your organisation. However we don't know where to start??
My brother sent permission to his solicitor for me to represent him outside, also he wrote and told them he no longer wanted them to represent him. I also spoke to the solicitor who told me he had no chance of fighting this! How can this be so, this man is innocent  and incapable of the heinous crime he apparently committed. Please help me.

Offline Admin

I desperately need help or guidance for my brother who was sentenced to 6 years in December 2014. A crime he did not commit, he is completely innocent. This alleged incident took place over 20 years ago, there was no evidence whatsoever! In Feb 2015 his sentence was increased by four years in courts of appeal, apparently his 6 years was too lenient! Even worse he knew nothing about increase of sentence, his absolute waste of time legal team failed to notify him!
He is in the latter part of his life, he is 62 years old, his long term partner is disabled and he was her carer. Up until the last 18 months he worked all his life.
We are totally devastated as a family and he simply can't believe it is happening.
I am his older brother, iam 64 and have more or less no knowledge of IT, my partner has helped me join your organisation. However we don't know where to start??
My brother sent permission to his solicitor for me to represent him outside, also he wrote and told them he no longer wanted them to represent him. I also spoke to the solicitor who told me he had no chance of fighting this! How can this be so, this man is innocent  and incapable of the heinous crime he apparently committed. Please help me.

Welcome to the forum Johnnie.   In order that we can help we require to know a lot more about your brothers case.  His name, the date of his original trial and what the offence was for which he was convicted would be a good starting point.  This will allow us to confirm the details before we go any further.  You can send me a personal message at any time should you wish to correspond privately.

Admin

Offline G-Unit

Hello Johnnie. It must be awful for you all. I hope you get the answers you need.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline STAN WELSH

• CPS HID EVIDENCE (exhibits) THAT COULD ONLY ASSIST
    • My Misscarage of Justice can you help?
We now live in a country that does not require proof to convict a man, but when you get a CPS prosecutor who is on a win only bonus  & he also has the constraints on all the exhibits so can pick out all the plums & show the  state aided defence nothing see my case stanw965.wix.com/misscarge  also follow on Twitter @stanwelsh

Offline John

We now live in a country that does not require proof to convict a man, but when you get a CPS prosecutor who is on a win only bonus  & he also has the constraints on all the exhibits so can pick out all the plums & show the  state aided defence nothing see my case stanw965.wix.com/misscarge  also follow on Twitter @stanwelsh

Totally spot on Stan.  With a judicial hierarchy composed of mainly former Crown Prosecutors, what hope is there for justice?  The ancient system still practised in the US whereby judges are respected within the community and have to be voted into office is by far a better system.  Some of these judges who preside over cases are frauds.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.