Author Topic: Has Employing PIs Been Worth the Money Paid ?  (Read 40896 times)

Offline faithlilly

Has Employing PIs Been Worth the Money Paid ?
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:53:17 PM »
Of course we have discussed at length what Redwood and company may or may not have done to discover Madeleine's fate. However from 2007 until  2011 at least 3 private detective agencies costing probably close to two million pounds had been employed by the McCanns to the same end and yet the evidence available seems to tell us that there was very little achieved in that time to find the child.

Did the organisations employed bring anything to the case or was their employment merely an ill-advised use of precious funds ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:24:19 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

Re: Has Employing PIs Been Worth the Money Paid ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
Considering that it provided the McCanns with plenty of PR opportunities, without actually finding anything, it might be considered to have been an excellent use of funds.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »
Of course we have discussed at length what Redwood and company may or may not have done to discover Madeleine's fate. However from 2007 until  2011 at least 3 private detective agencies costing probably close to two million pounds had been employed by the McCanns to the same end and yet the evidence available seems to tell us that there was very little achieved in that time to find the child.

Did the organisations employed bring anything to the case or was their employment merely an ill-advised use of precious funds ?

It's like the billions of pounds spent on ill patients who eventually die..is that a waste

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 08:44:18 AM »
It's like the billions of pounds spent on ill patients who eventually die..is that a waste

...or the billions spent on bogus remedies every year?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »

Worth every penny when one considers the hours and hours of endless pleasure people have had using them as another opportunity to criticise Madeleine McCann's parents and ... the fund ... who really cares if using them has saved time by eliminating avenues of investigation for the present professional teams to follow ... who cares if their investigations have indicated possible avenues to the professional investigators who where given their files.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »

The disgrace of the situation is that it was ever necessary to employ PIs in the first instance.

Madeleine McCann's human rights were denied when her case was archived and the official search for her suspended.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Montclair

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »
The disgrace of the situation is that it was ever necessary to employ PIs in the first instance.

Madeleine McCann's human rights were denied when her case was archived and the official search for her suspended.

The parents didn't need to hire PI's. All they had to do was to cooperate with the police investigation.

You seem to forget that Madeleine's parents did nothing to stop the case from being shelved and I believe that Kate even said that they were even relieved when it was archived.  Any of the arguidos could have asked for the "fase de instrução" and none did.

ferryman

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
The parents didn't need to hire PI's. All they had to do was to cooperate with the police investigation.

You seem to forget that Madeleine's parents did nothing to stop the case from being shelved and I believe that Kate even said that they were even relieved when it was archived.  Any of the arguidos could have asked for the "fase de instrução" and none did.

I'm unclear why misleading statements that demean the McCanns are allowed.

The McCanns were never in a position to stop the case from being shelved.

All leads were (considered) exhausted.

The McCanns fought hard for a second enquiry, and were ultimately successful in that.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »

Why was the case archived by the Portuguese authorities? Don't give me the utterly ridiculous one of the 'reconstitution' ... it didn't hold water at the time ... and at this remove it holds even less.

stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:20:06 AM »
All the P.I.'s employed were wastes of space.

If the people who donated their hard earned money to the mccanns had known what it was goiung to be used for and wasted upon, the coffers would have been empty.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
Just another bash the McCann thread by the troof seekers because the McCanns have been ruled out by SY

Offline Brietta

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
All the P.I.'s employed were wastes of space.

If the people who donated their hard earned money to the mccanns had known what it was goiung to be used for and wasted upon, the coffers would have been empty.

So the Drs McCann's and their friends shouldn't have bothered putting the money awarded for the scurrilous press coverage they received into Madeleine's fund ... oh well then, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However the fact that Operation Grange chose to utilise the work provided by the Private Investigators rather flies in the face of your first sentences.

Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1. 

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’.  This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);

The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
UK Law Enforcement agencies,
Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.

The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. 

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

End
http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Operation-Grange/1400005508791/35434

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
Just another bash the McCann thread by the troof seekers because the McCanns have been ruled out by SY

I agree wholeheartedly.  It is becoming tiresome as they have nothing new to add.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
Worth every penny when one considers the hours and hours of endless pleasure people have had using them as another opportunity to criticise Madeleine McCann's parents and ... the fund ... who really cares if using them has saved time by eliminating avenues of investigation for the present professional teams to follow ... who cares if their investigations have indicated possible avenues to the professional investigators who where given their files.

What were those 'eliminated avenues of investigation ' Brietta. The sightings in Morocco that Meyodo3 attempted to buy or the request by Edgar for the forensic material to be subjected to the LCN technique. Of course he didn't seem to be aware this had already been done.

Of course there was the efits and report by Oakley but the McCanns didn't seem too keen that  SY follow that "avenue of investigation'. In fact SY had to specifically ask for the report before they were granted access to it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:08:04 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

So the Drs McCann's and their friends shouldn't have bothered putting the money awarded for the scurrilous press coverage they received into Madeleine's fund ... oh well then, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

However the fact that Operation Grange chose to utilise the work provided by the Private Investigators rather flies in the face of your first sentences.

Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1. 

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’.  This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);

The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
UK Law Enforcement agencies,
Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.

The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. 

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

End
http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Operation-Grange/1400005508791/35434

I asked what have the PIs added to the sum of our knowledge not did SY, understandably, include them in their review.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:07:04 AM by Faithlilly »