Author Topic: Did Jeremy Bamber use chloroform to subdue Sheila?  (Read 13732 times)

Offline puglove

Re: Did Jeremy Bamber use chloroform to subdue Sheila?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
This is what bugs me...this image of Sheila as some sort of super-human wonder woman who would have fought to the death to save her boys. She was dragged from her bed, completely confused, tired and over-medicated, with no realisation of what was going on until she saw June. She was probably literally petrified. She probably passed out. She was more scared than she could cope with. She was 25, and suddenly the world had gone mad.

And the best that Jeremy Bamber could come up with was "no comment."

%56&

"No comment" said Mark Bridger. And Ian Huntley. And Jimmy Savile. And Fred West. And Myra Hindley.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Edited to add....your reviews will be beautifully written, not the sad old piles of tosh that will probably plagiarise my realisation that Sheila never moved after the first shot.

Having read excerpts from Carol Ann Lee's other books she goes into enormous detail about family background and characterisation based on painstaking research.  I'm hoping to hear more about the real SC as I cant reconcile in my own mind how I view SC with what appear to be popular myths about her eg to use DB's description "Pleasantly senile".  Along with other general descriptions from various sources: promiscuous, clumsy and uncoordinated, coke head.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

Re: Did Jeremy use chloroform to subdue Sheila?
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 10:47:52 PM »
A bit too sophisticated for JB, I think... and he never said anything about Chloroform to Julie. As she lived at Head Street and cleaned for him, rifling through his medicine cabinet and cupboards she might have discovered a mysterious bottle and asked him what it was.

The photo of Sheila always struck me as if she'd fainted.  She looks unconscious with eyes shut.

Actually, her eyes were partially open.

Offline Myster

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 06:23:15 AM »
Actually, her eyes were partially open.

... or closed?  But still out for the count.

Have you seen any other photo, Caroline?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
Put it this way... they're either almost completely closed or only fractionally open, allowing for blurriness of the photo. 8((()*/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:10:06 AM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 07:36:23 PM »
Put it this way... they're either almost completely closed or only fractionally open, allowing for blurriness of the photo. 8((()*/

I think it's probably an optical illusion with SC's long dark eyelashes in that they look fractionally open but are in fact closed.  Lovely natural brow line.

Anyway as far as I can see whether eyes are open or closed, or somewhere in between, it doesn't seem to prove anything from a physiological/post mortem perspective? 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:08:43 AM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
I think it's probably an optical illusion with SC's long dark eyelashes in that they look fractionally open but are in fact closed.  Lovely natural brow line.

Anyway as far as I can see whether eyes are open or closed, or somewhere in between, it doesn't seem to prove anything from a physiological/post mortem perspective?

Unless there's a study somewhere which compares numerous images of suicide victims' eyes to see if there's any difference. Some die with eyes shut, others with them open, dependent on which part of the brain is disrupted and how quickly death occurs I guess, so not really indicative of anything.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:07:16 AM by John »

Offline puglove

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 09:16:16 PM »
Unless there's a study somewhere which compares numerous images of suicide victims' eyes to see if there's any difference. Some die with eyes shut, others with them open, dependent on which part of the brain is disrupted and how quickly death occurs I guess, so not really indicative of anything.

It doesn't make any difference at all (unless you believe in optography!)
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
What was it David Boutflour said of Sheila's state when found, hardly a hair out of place!   Not the sort of thing you find with someone who was having a breakdown, had a fight with her father, shot four people in the head and shot herself twice in the throat.  Seriously folks, anyone who says otherwise needs to get a grip IMO!!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Myster

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 06:46:58 PM »
It doesn't make any difference at all (unless you believe in optography!)

If only that worked, Shona... Taff Jones and other doubters would have needed no convincing if the last image on Sheila's retina showed JB pointing the Anschutz at her neck.
You never know, it might happen one day.  &%+((£

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optography

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »
If only that worked, Shona... Taff Jones and other doubters would have needed no convincing if the last image on Sheila's retina showed JB pointing the Anschutz at her neck.
You never know, it might happen one day.  &%+((£

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optography

I had to look up Optography after puglove's post.  The experiments sound horribly reminiscent of those carried out by the Nazis!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
What was it David Boutflour said of Sheila's state when found, hardly a hair out of place!   Not the sort of thing you find with someone who was having a breakdown, had a fight with her father, shot four people in the head and shot herself twice in the throat.  Seriously folks, anyone who says otherwise needs to get a grip IMO!!

If SC's state at SoC was so obvious why did none of the police officers switch onto it straight away along with Dr Craig and Dr Vanezis?  In the early days DS Jones was the only dissenter and he added nothing of evidential value according to Dr Vanezis.  DS Jones' suspicions were based on JB's behaviour.  DS Jones wasn't some high flying police officer just returned from secondment training with elite NY cops but a 45 year old who had only reached the rank of DS with a UK based provincial force.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 03:50:22 PM »
If SC's state at SoC was so obvious why did none of the police officers switch onto it straight away along with Dr Craig and Dr Vanezis?  In the early days DS Jones was the only dissenter and he added nothing of evidential value according to Dr Vanezis.  DS Jones' suspicions were based on JB's behaviour.  DS Jones wasn't some high flying police officer just returned from secondment training with elite NY cops but a 45 year old who had only reached the rank of DS with a UK based provincial force.

In fact that's not strictly true.  In the immediate aftermath it appears the only dissenters were the relatives.  DS Jones told AE on at least one occasion:

"If you accused him and later found out you were wrong.  Imagine how you would feel?"

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3171.0;attach=3540

The relatives, rightly or wrongly, seemed to suspect JB from the off.  And yet it seems the Boutflours/Eatons spent very little time with the Bambers and according to CC had no idea about the severity of SC's mental illness.

AE's WS's describing the level of contact between the Bambers,  Boutflours and Eatons

"I will say that during the early and teenage years of my life I did not visit my Aunt June and Uncle Nevill and their adopted children very often.  My parents, my brother and I visited White House Farm at Christmas time to exchange presents and occasionally for Sunday lunch".

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1053.0;attach=2143

"I left school aged 16 years and worked for a course at the Mid Essex Technical Collage and School of Art in Chelmsford.  I moved in with some friends only returning home to Wix at weekends.  I didn't see Sheila or Jeremy very often during this period of my life and only saw my Aunt June Bamber and Uncle Nevill Bamber at White House Farm on infrequent occasions".

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1053.0;attach=2145

Excerpt from Colin Caffell's book

"One of the most striking things about that day, although not altogether surprising for me, was the fact that, the more I talked to June and Nevill's relations, the more I realised none of them actually knew anything had been seriously wrong with Bambs - not even June's sister Pam.  Many of them said that had they known, they would have been more than willing to help and share the burden.  Why hadn't I contacted them and told them all about it?  I couldn't believe what I was hearing and could only reply by saying that I didn't feel it had been my business to betray the Bamber's confidence.  They were very private people whose decisions I had to respect - whether right or wrong.  These people had no idea how much I'd need them as allies to convince June and Nevill of how strongly I felt Bamb's treatment should have been changed".

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
One of the mysteries in the White House murders case is how Jeremy Bamber managed to keep his sister under control while he carried out the first four murders.

Having looked at this again there is every possibility that he used something like chloroform to subdue her.

Even today, chloroform is difficult to detect and disperses quickly.

Views please?

She was sleeping, he woke her up at the point when he wanted to kill her.  He held her had gun point she had little choice but to comply. Very few people actually attack someone holding  agun on them trying to disarm such person and it is harder with a rifle because the person keeps you further away than a handgun does.

In the meantime he also could have threatened to hurt the boys if she didn't comply. Even if they were already dead she didn't know it.

After being shot the first time she raised her right hand to her wound which resulted in blood getting on her outer palm/wrist and running down her arm to her elbow.  She wasn't unconscious at the time the shot was fired quite clearly though the shot could have rapidly sent her into shock. Jeremy freaked out because she was still moving and jammed the gun into her chin at that point and fired again killing her. 
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Caroline

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 01:25:31 AM »
... or closed?  But still out for the count.

Have you seen any other photo, Caroline?

I should have said 'partially open' and yes, I do have a photograph.