Author Topic: Announcing new Missing Children HOTLINE incentive.  (Read 3132 times)

Online John

Announcing new Missing Children HOTLINE incentive.
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:50:27 AM »
Announcing new Missing Children HOTLINE incentive

This is an incentive which I have been considering for some time in conjunction with our own very successful twitter site. The main reason for doing so is because the existing missing person sites within the UK are not pro active and have done very little in terms of seeking out missing children.

Initially it is planned to introduce individual hotline numbers to each case with a guarantee of anonymity for anyone who wishes it. These numbers will be promoted worldwide on a regular basis via this site and via twitter.  We will be seeking any information which could lead to the recovery of a missing child or young adult. We might even introduce the incentive of a reward at a later date if appropriate.

Members views are sought on this incentive.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:33:50 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Re: Announcing new missing children HOTLINE incentive.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
Announcing new missing children HOTLINE incentive

This is an incentive which I have been considering for some time in conjunction with our own very successful twitter site. The main reason for doing so is because the existing missing person sites within the UK are not pro active and have done very little in terms of seeking out missing children.

Initially it is planned to introduce individual hotline numbers to each case with a guarantee of anonymity for anyone who wishes it. These numbers will be promoted worldwide on a regular basis via this site and via twitter.  We will be seeking any information which could lead to the recovery of a missing child or young adult. We might even introduce the incentive of a reward at a later date if appropriate.

Dare I suggest you start with the Maddie case.

ps thanks for the warning, I do apologise for winding up davel.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:49:25 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline buddy

Re: Announcing new Missing Children HOTLINE incentive.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
great idea John. hope we can all work together
maddies dead though.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »
maddies dead though.

In your opinion.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »
In your opinion.

is  a  opinion not allowed?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »
is  a  opinion not allowed?

An Opinion is indeed allowed.  Up to a point.

Online John

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 03:45:17 PM »
maddies dead though.

Thanks buddy.  I believe the parents of any missing youngster would want them returned regardless.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 04:14:30 PM »
Have you worked out the logistics of this?

How and where will this be advertised?  How will it be manned, and what capability will said 'staff' have?  Will the staff have a decent understanding of any case they take info on?  Will they be able to cope with foreign languages?

I presume the information will be fed to police authorities, and where there is an active investigation, any info that might lead to prosecution or recovery will not otherwise be released into the public domain.  How will information be handled if there is no active investigation, or an investigation is shelved?

Can information which would not be involved in recovery/prosecution be made public?  I know this sounds an odd question but I believe the McCanns are sitting on some such snippets of info.  The point being, that release would allow the armchair detectives to develop the case.

I am currently engaged in an exercise to send OG PAYG and other phone numbers from aged sources.  I expect to get nothing back other than the standard automated response.  The problem with this is as follows.  I can think of other people in Luz who are sitting on such info and I can think of organisations here in the Algarve who might also have such info.  This has to be analysed while OG is active.  If it comes to a halt, no-one can access this file.

So, is there going to be any feedback whatsoever, even if that feedback is along the lines of 'we have that covered so we don't need anything more, thanks' or is it the current black hole and hope system?
In mods I trust!

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »
Announcing new Missing Children HOTLINE incentive

John,

I don't quite understand what the purpose is, nor how it would be handled.

Police already have a number (or sometimes specific phone numbers or reference numbers to quote) to contact when they seek information from the public about missing children. There are also established associations that work in cooperation with the police.

So why not simply use your Twitter account to RT police appeals or established updates?

Offline Carana

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »

How and where will this be advertised?  How will it be manned, and what capability will said 'staff' have?  Will the staff have a decent understanding of any case they take info on?  Will they be able to cope with foreign languages?

I presume the information will be fed to police authorities, and where there is an active investigation, any info that might lead to prosecution or recovery will not otherwise be released into the public domain.  How will information be handled if there is no active investigation, or an investigation is shelved?

Can information which would not be involved in recovery/prosecution be made public?  I know this sounds an odd question but I believe the McCanns are sitting on some such snippets of info.  The point being, that release would allow the armchair detectives to develop the case.

I am currently engaged in an exercise to send OG PAYG and other phone numbers from aged sources.  I expect to get nothing back other than the standard automated response.  The problem with this is as follows.  I can think of other people in Luz who are sitting on such info and I can think of organisations here in the Algarve who might also have such info.  This has to be analysed while OG is active.  If it comes to a halt, no-one can access this file.

So, is there going to be any feedback whatsoever, even if that feedback is along the lines of 'we have that covered so we don't need anything more, thanks' or is it the current black hole and hope system?

On this:

"Can information which would not be involved in recovery/prosecution be made public?  I know this sounds an odd question but I believe the McCanns are sitting on some such snippets of info.  The point being, that release would allow the armchair detectives to develop the case."

If people ring a confidential hotline, they presumably expect the content to remain, erm, confidential... otherwise they could simply join a forum or add comments to a news item.

I can think of numerous "armchair detectives" who present opinion as fact, "supported" by outdated, irrelevant and often libellous tabloid material to support a preconceived agenda of their own. Many of them are total conspiraloons. How does that help?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:51:33 PM by Carana »

Online John

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »
John,

I don't quite understand what the purpose is, nor how it would be handled.

Police already have a number (or sometimes specific phone numbers or reference numbers to quote) to contact when they seek information from the public about missing children. There are also established associations that work in cooperation with the police.

So why not simply use your Twitter account to RT police appeals or established updates?

My experience as a former professional is that most people with inside information involving a crime do NOT want to speak to a police officer or anyone connected with any police force, remember Jenny Murat and her thankless enterprise to elicit information?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:12:04 PM by John »

Online John

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »

Its all very much in its infancy at the moment but I agree there is much to consider.  We will undoubtedly be seeking partners in other jurisdictions who have local linguistic expertise.

The way I see it, there is no proactive incentive currently in existence.  SY are winding down and have found nothing of consequence, their prime objective being prosecution.  I would hope we could do better.

If there are people out there who can bring this mystery to an end I want to make it as easy as possible for them to do so without worrying about being exposed or prosecuted.  This has always been about Madeleine, her whereabouts is the prime objective.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:06:32 AM by Admin »

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »
Its all very much in its infancy at the moment but I agree there is much to consider.  We will undoubtedly be seeking partners in other jurisdictions who have local linguistic expertise.

The way I see it, there is no proactive incentive currently in existence.  SY are winding down and have found nothing of consequence, their prime objective being prosecution.  I would hope we could do better.

If there are people out there who can bring this mystery to an end I want to make it as easy as possible for them to do so without worrying about being exposed or prosecuted.  This has always been about Madeleine, her whereabouts is the prime objective.

I thought you'd stated hotelines for missing children... or is this just one for Madeleine?

The investigation is being wound down, but that doesn't mean that it has closed down. People could contact either police force, Crimestoppers, Missing People, or the McCanns' own hotline.

If you want to filter information (as Bennett admitted he did), then that could do more harm than good as you are presumably not in possession of all the information currently amassed.

On what basis would you feel competent to judge what may be relevant or not?

If you were to simply pass on all information, then I don't see the point in an additional intermediary.

Offline Anna

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »
My experience as a former professional is that most people with inside information involving a crime do NOT want to speak to a police officer or anyone connected with any police force, remember Jenny Murat and her thankless enterprise to elicit information?

I agree, John, that many would not want to get involved with an investigation being conducted by the police.
However I can see no advantages in information given by an anonymous informer. How would anyone know whether it was the truth or not?
It could lead to some of their information being investigated, but not to the relevant questions that would need to be answered by the informer.
The informers would obviously not get involved further than giving a tip off IMO.

At the end of the day, If it helped find a missing child, it would be worth a try. 
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Carana

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »
I agree, John, that many would not want to get involved with an investigation being conducted by the police.
However I can see no advantages in information given by an anonymous informer. How would anyone know whether it was the truth or not?
It could lead to some of their information being investigated, but not to the relevant questions that would need to be answered by the informer.
The informers would obviously not get involved further than giving a tip off IMO.

At the end of the day, If it helped find a missing child, it would be worth a try.

But Crimestoppers exists for anonymous tip-offs... and they pass info on to the relevant investigating force.