Italian mother, 32, who claimed her two-month-old daughter had been snatched from London hotel admits killing her
Federica Boscolo-Gnolo reported that her daughter had been abducted
She had been staying in a central London hotel with two-month-old Farah
Mum has now pleaded guilty to manslaughter by diminished responsibility
The 32-year-old has been detained in a secure hospital to be sentenced
By MATT HUNTER FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:45, 22 February 2016 | UPDATED: 19:39, 22 February 20
Federica Boscolo-Gnolo (pictured) pleaded guilty to the manslaughter by diminished responsibility of two-month-old Farah between January 23 and 30 last year.
The 32-year-old, from northern Italy, who had been living and working in the UK since 2013, had initially reported her daughter had been abducted from a hotel
She had checked into the Lily Hotel near Earls Court on Saturday, January 24 with her daughter and a few possessions.
Later the same day, she checked out without Farah before contacting her parents in Italy.
They were concerned for their daughter and granddaughter's welfare and flew to London on Thursday, January 29, Scotland Yard said.
They took Boscolo-Gnolo, of no fixed address, to Hammersmith police station to report Farah missing but detectives later arrested the mother over the baby's disappearance.
Despite extensive searches at the hotel and the local rubbish dump, the little girl's body has never been found.
It is believed she disposed of the body in the Russell Square area, in central London.
At a short hearing before the Old Bailey, the defendant admitted killing her daughter but denied murder.
Prosecutor Jonathan Higgs QC told the court that her plea to the lesser charge was accepted in light of three psychiatric reports.
The Recorder of London Nicholas Hilliard QC adjourned sentencing until Friday, April 8.
The defendant, who spoke only to enter her plea, was remanded into a secure hospital.
She appeared in court flanked by mental health workers as members of her family followed proceedings through a translator.
Detective Inspector Jamie Stevenson said: 'This is a tragic case for all involved and Boscolo-Gnolo will have to live with her actions for the rest of her life.
'Farah had already been rejected by her father, who chose not to be a part of her life, she was then victim to the one person who should have protected her most.
'Boscolo-Gnolo's parents now have to come to terms with losing their daughter, and their granddaughter who they were just getting to know.'
Farah was born on November 22, 2014 in Chioggia, near Venice. Her mother brought her to the UK for medical treatment for a minor eye condition.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3458689/Italian-mother-32-claimed-two-month-old-daughter-snatched-London-hotel-admits-killing-her.html#ixzz411GCvtH6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook