Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 96140 times)

Offline pegasus

To get a signal on his mobile phone so the police could be called.
That was the reason given Misty...
The problem with it is, his mobile in fact did have a signal at the campsite itself.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:54:00 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

That was the reason given Misty...
The problem with it is, his mobile in fact did have a signal at the campsite itself.

His or hers? They both ended up on the phone to 911 at the same time in different locations. Depends on your network.
I haven't scrutinised the statements etc in detail just followed the newspaper reports.

Offline pegasus

His or hers? They both ended up on the phone to 911 at the same time in different locations. Depends on your network.
I haven't scrutinised the statements etc in detail just followed the newspaper reports.
For now I'm only interested in one mobile: his, and yes it did have a signal at the campsite, he says so himself on video, "one bar". Doesn't that indicate to you that the true reason for driving might be unrelated to phone reception?

Offline misty

For now I'm only interested in one mobile: his, and yes it did have a signal at the campsite, he says so himself on video, "one bar". Doesn't that indicate to you that the true reason for driving might be unrelated to phone reception?

.Without knowing his phone/network capabilities I wouldn't like to pass judgement based on that either way. Certainly I know that even in the UK, there are places even in major cities where there is never a signal strong enough to make or receive a call on certain networks.
The police could no doubt determine how long his phone was located at the place he made the call.
There may well have been an ulterior motive for the short trip in the truck. That would probably have entailed collusion. Perhaps I have more of the sceptic in me than I thought - I am struggling to see past leaving the child under the watchful eye of a convicted criminal & an elderly granddad.

Offline pegasus

.Without knowing his phone/network capabilities I wouldn't like to pass judgement based on that either way. Certainly I know that even in the UK, there are places even in major cities where there is never a signal strong enough to make or receive a call on certain networks.
The police could no doubt determine how long his phone was located at the place he made the call.
There may well have been an ulterior motive for the short trip in the truck. That would probably have entailed collusion. Perhaps I have more of the sceptic in me than I thought - I am struggling to see past leaving the child under the watchful eye of a convicted criminal & an elderly granddad.
That phone definitely had a signal, at the campsite, as indicated by the signal indicator on the display, there is a video which states exactly that.

Offline misty

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/14-questions-you-wanted-us-to-ask-the-deorr-kunz-private-investigator/

*snipped*

Eaton: Lisa Marie says, “Is it true that Isaac disappeared for over an hour after DeOrr disappeared or is this just another rumor?”

Klein: Again, that goes into the actual investigative issues that we are investigating. We’re not wiling to discuss that at this time but I would classify that probably as not a rumor.

Eaton: Melissa asks, “Have the trunks of the vehicles been checked for scent or evidence?”

Klein: I’m not gonna comment on that whatsoever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the benefit of anyone unfamiliar with the case, the parents & Deorr arrived at the campsite in one truck; the great-granddad & his friend Isaac were in another.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:47:15 AM by misty »

Offline pegasus

(snip) ... probably as not a rumor ...(snip)

:)  But despite that, I think you're on the wrong track literally Misty, when you haven't explained why a vehicle drives away.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:53:31 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

8()-000(
Sorry, link now inserted.

Offline pegasus

Here is the quote re mobile signal Misty
"I didn't think one bar would get it"
What do you make of that?

Offline misty

Here is the quote re mobile signal Misty
"I didn't think one bar would get it"
What do you make of that?

It suggests to me that he didn't even try to make the call. Or he knew from previous experience that one bar signalled inadequate reception on his particular phone.

Offline pegasus

It suggests to me that he didn't even try to make the call....(snip)
I agree, and its a known fact anyway

Offline pegasus

... Or he knew from previous experience that one bar signalled inadequate reception on his particular phone.
Disagree.
IMO the phone would work fine with one bar.
If you had one bar how many times would you try?
Zero?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:18:06 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

Disagree.
IMO the phone would work fine with one bar.

I can't argue as I detest mobile phones with a vengeance. Mine is rarely switched on, let alone used, but having just turned it on I got a "no signal" message for over 2 minutes. Now there are 4 bars. My brother-in-law & his wife have no reception inside their house on a mobile - they have to go into the garden.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-do-the-bars-on-your-smartphone-mean-we-asked-an-expert/
(happy reading & goodnight)

Offline pathfinder73

Regarding the cremains.

Forensic Cremation recovery and analysis, Scott I Fairgrieve

'In my own experience, dogs trained specifically in the recognition of human decomposition scent can detect human cremated bone. Surprisingly, even cremated bone that is largely calcined (ie most organic components eliminated), can also be detected by properly trained canines.'
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

Regarding the cremains.

Forensic Cremation recovery and analysis, Scott I Fairgrieve

'In my own experience, dogs trained specifically in the recognition of human decomposition scent can detect human cremated bone. Surprisingly, even cremated bone that is largely calcined (ie most organic components eliminated), can also be detected by properly trained canines.'

Properly Trained Canines.

I'm still going for Innocent until Proven Guilty