Author Topic: Why didn't the dogs alert to any of Gerry's clothing?  (Read 91977 times)

Alfred R Jones

Why didn't the dogs alert to any of Gerry's clothing?
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:53:05 PM »
Apparently there is a very good reason why, according to leading sceptic scientific experts the dog did not alert to Gerry's clothes and I'd like to know what it is....

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:34:06 AM by Angelo222 »

Alfred R Jones

Re: Why didn't the dogs alert to any of Gerry's clothing?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:15:07 PM »
So, apparently this has all been explained before but I must have missed it or not understood it, therefore could we please have an expert give us the science behind this, ie: why did the dog fail to alert to clothing worn by someone who allegedly carried a body around town, clothing which appeared not to leave any residual scent on any other clothing owned by this man, nor on the sofa where the man's jacket was apparently flung after committing the heinous deed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:26:13 AM by Admin »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 07:17:37 PM »
So, apparently this has all been explained before but I must have missed it or not understood it, therefore could we please have an expert give us the science behind this, ie: why did the dog fail to alert to clothing worn by someone who allegedly carried a body around town, clothing which appeared not to leave any residual scent on any other clothing owned by this man, nor on the sofa where the man's jacket was apparently flung after committing the heinous deed.

As you appear to understand all the sceptic theories, perhaps you could explain which bits of whose theory a non alerting dog debunks?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:27:13 AM by Admin »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:24:51 PM »
G-Unit also showed us some photos of Gerry wearing light coloured chinos after the disappearance, trousers which were apparently just like the ones seen on Smithman. 

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:31:38 PM »
Can you show me evidence of the dogs examining a black jacket 3 months after the fact? 

"The individual was dressed in a long-sleeved coat/jacket, black in colour." TS

"She did not see what he was wearing above his trousers as the child covered him almost completely at the top." AS
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »
MG commented that Eddie's behaviour changed as soon as he got to the apartment. From that I can conclude that there was scent all over that apartment but Eddie detects the strongest scent source and he alerted in two areas.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:28:52 AM by Admin »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »

MG commented that Eddie's behaviour changed as soon as he got to the apartment. From that I can conclude that there was scent all over that apartment but Eddie detects the strongest scent source and he alerted in two areas.
So his alerts in the apartment were quite random then?  i thought he was trained to be precise, to home in on a scent source and bark over the source of the scent? 

ferryman

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »
Spots of Gerry's blood on the ignition key.

Confirmed by forensics.

Correct alert.

Clever dog.

But there might have been blood in any of the other 9 vehicles.

Not such a clever handler ....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:31:58 AM by Admin »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
Spots of Gerry's blood on the ignition key.

Confirmed by forensics.

Correct alert.

Clever dog.

But there might have been blood in any of the other 9 vehicles.

Not such a clever handler ....

No blood on the clothes.

ferryman

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 10:52:30 PM »
No blood on the clothes.

That Eddie picked up in his mouth.

Not a trained alert by a police dog at a forensic crime-scene ....

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 10:56:19 PM »
The cynic might suggest there was a (particular) bias (conspiracy?) against Kate?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:35:24 AM by Admin »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 10:58:34 PM »
I've gave the obvious reason. Eddie never examined that black jacket 3 months later. If Eddie didn't examine the clothes he wore on 3 May then it's guesswork.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:35:54 AM by Admin »

Offline misty

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
I've gave the obvious reason. Eddie never examined that black jacket 3 months later. If Eddie didn't examine the clothes he wore on 3 May then it's guesswork.

Did Eddie examine Gerry's beige fleece?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 11:12:28 PM »
a) why were certain obvious effects such as Gerry's jacket not examined? b) what about the other clothes Gerry was wearing that night and c) what about scent transferral from the clothes he wore that night to the rest of his wardrobe and d) why did the dog not sniff these out when it was rootling around in the rental apartment?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »
Did Eddie examine Gerry's beige fleece?

I can see one t-shirt of his that I think Eddie alerted to along with Kate's pants and the kids red t-shirt. I see no fleece worn on 4 May or beige pants. Amaral wanted to send Eddie into their house in England for further investigation.