Poll

Please indicate your choice for new moderator.

Brietta
Shining in Luz

Author Topic: Vote Now. Looking for a new moderator for the Madeleine board.  (Read 21786 times)

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
  • oh Lord its hard to be humble
Re: Looking for a new moderator for the Madeleine board.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 08:06:22 PM »
But would you make a good moderator???

I know I would make a very good moderator
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

Neither the McCanns nor their friend are persons of interest or suspects

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Online Eleanor

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
I think the request was for a moderator who leaned to the supporter view. I would say SIL fits that description perfectly. If a passionately convinced supporter had been requested then you would fit the bill.

Shining doesn't want it.

Offline stephen25000

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
One might get the impression this campaign has been orchestrated to achieve a certain aim.
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline ShiningInLuz

• Shining In Luz
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »
I think SIL can speak for herself.......does she believe the McCanns are telling the truth and Maddie was abducted...it's quite simple
I am totally happy to clarify my position.

This forum gets moderated according to certain simple rules.  I am 100% happy to moderate according to those rules.

There are theories on here that I have no personal belief in.  As a contributor, I expect the right to challenge such theories.

As a moderator, assuming such views pass the simple forum rules, I shall not interfere.

On my blog, it is something over 500 comments now.  My blog rules are keep it civil and keep it legal.  Roughly the same as the main forum rules on here.

There is no rule on my blog that you are required to agree with me.  Many of the comments take quite opposing views to mine.  100.00% of all comments made on my blog have been approved, including every one of the many that think differently to me.

So, should I become a moderator, I intend to operate the moderation rules with total impartiality.

And I expect to be able to interact as a commentator, as I see fit, subject to the rules of course.

I hope that is clear enough for everyone to make their own minds up.
I'm moving to Portelas!

Offline misty

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »
One might get the impression this campaign has been orchestrated to achieve a certain aim.

Whatever do you mean?

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »
I am totally happy to clarify my position.

This forum gets moderated according to certain simple rules.  I am 100% happy to moderate according to those rules.

There are theories on here that I have no personal belief in.  As a contributor, I expect the right to challenge such theories.

As a moderator, assuming such views pass the simple forum rules, I shall not interfere.

On my blog, it is something over 500 comments now.  My blog rules are keep it civil and keep it legal.  Roughly the same as the main forum rules on here.

There is no rule on my blog that you are required to agree with me.  Many of the comments take quite opposing views to mine.  100.00% of all comments made on my blog have been approved, including every one of the many that think differently to me.

So, should I become a moderator, I intend to operate the moderation rules with total impartiality.

And I expect to be able to interact as a commentator, as I see fit, subject to the rules of course.

I hope that is clear enough for everyone to make their own minds up.

I think you have made your position clear....the request is for a moderator who supports the mccanns...you have failed to show your support for the mccanns and abduction..are on the fence...nothing wrong with that ...but it makes you ineligible for the position of moderator in this instance
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »

the aim is to redress the balance.....

Offline stephen25000

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »
'...The moderator should lean towards the supporter side but nevertheless be capable of unbiased and fair moderating....'

SIL has offered to undertake work on behalf of the mccanns.

Hardly one a 'sceptic' would take.

Likewise, appointing a moderator who never questions the mccanns accounts of events would inevitably lead to problems, as  was evident from Misty's comment earlier.

'..but nevertheless be capable of unbiased and fair moderating..'

AND THAT IS THE KEY PHRASE

P.S. SIL has repeatedly demonstrated an even handed approach, agreeing and disagreeing with both the mccann supporters and those deemed sceptics, in different aspects of the respective groups postings.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:20:38 PM by stephen25000 »
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:37 PM »
'...The moderator should lean towards the supporter side but nevertheless be capable of unbiased and fair moderating....'

SIL has offered to undertake work on behalf of the mccanns.

Hardly one a 'sceptic' would take.

Likewise, appointing a moderator who never questions the mccanns accounts of events would inevitably lead to problems, as  was evident from Misty's comment earlier.

'..but nevertheless be capable of unbiased and fair moderating..'

AND THAT IS THE KEY PHRASE

P.S. SIL has repeatedly demonstrated an even handed approach, agreeing and disagreeing with both the mccann supporters and those deemed sceptics, in different aspects of the respective groups postings.

the key phrase is supporting the mccanns....in order to redress the uneveness that now exists on this forum

Offline Angelo222

• Senior Moderator
  • Post editor
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »

I think you have made your position clear....the request is for a moderator who supports the mccanns...you have failed to show your support for the mccanns and abduction..are on the fence...nothing wrong with that ...but it makes you ineligible for the position of moderator in this instance

The criteria was "leans towards being a supporter".  Given Shining's perfect record here and her willingness to provide photos etc from Praia da Luz I think she would make an excellent moderator.  We will see how the polls go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:33:40 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:54 PM »
The criteria was "leans towards being a supporter".  Given Shining's perfect record here and her willingness to provide photos etc from Praia da Luz I think she would make an excellent moderator.  We will see how the polls go.

#but she is not a McCann supporter......I'm not saying she wouldn't make a good moderator but in this specific instance a McCann supporter has been asked for. The forum needs balance...and at the moment that balance does not exist
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:48:32 PM by davel »

Online Eleanor

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:23 PM »

I will vote for Davel because I believe that he will be fair.  Just as I voted for Stephen previously.  Because I thought he would be fair.

But at this moment in time the balance needs to be redressed if this Forum is to be unbiased.

And I am mortally tired of being alone.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »
I don't insult people and I object to people insulting me. One of the people who has consistently broken the rules on insulting behaviour is being proposed as a Moderator. I do not believe that person would moderate fairly judging on past performance.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »
I don't insult people and I object to people insulting me. One of the people who has consistently broken the rules on insulting behaviour is being proposed as a Moderator. I do not believe that person would moderate fairly judging on past performance.

that is what the vote is for.....but John has asked for a McCann supporter and SIL has been given the opportunity to state that she sup[ports the abduction...and she has failed to do so. She does therefore not fit the criteria

Offline Slartibartfast

• Long time forumite
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
that is what the vote is for.....but John has asked for a McCann supporter and SIL has been given the opportunity to state that she sup[ports the abduction...and she has failed to do so. She does therefore not fit the criteria

The moderator should lean towards the supporter side but nevertheless be capable of unbiased and fair moderating.
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...