Poll

Please indicate your choice for new moderator.

Brietta
Shining in Luz

Author Topic: Vote Now. Looking for a new moderator for the Madeleine board.  (Read 23331 times)

Online stephen25000

Re: Vote Now. Looking for a new moderator for the Madeleine board.
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
The moderators are volunteers from the forum.  By definition they have an interest in the case, and will have views that they wish to express.  Why on earth would anyone want to go through the thankless task of moderating this form and not be able to post? 

My view is that all of the moderators do an truly excellent job, and I for one would wish to thank them. 

I note above that you object to the election of one of the candidates.  I am afraid that is what sometimes happens in a democracy.  Tough!

Democracy ?

An election where the rules were changed throughout.

The only apparent reason why an election was 'called', was due to complaints by mccanns supporters about impartial moderation and aimed at sceptics, i.e. by some of your fellow supporters.

So your argument hardly holds up.

Secondly, I have been made aware from a previous Moderator, that Mods can  also have another on screen I.D. on this forum, with which they can post their views.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:22:49 PM by stephen25000 »
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline jassi

« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
Well if the appointments have been made we now have six(?) mods moderating one thread. They ain't exactly overworked.
I mean there's naff all being posted elsewhere on this board.

Everyone's in shock that a result has been announced a week before the ballot officially ended.   @)(++(*
To all you Amaral campers out there, Hi De Hi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -  Almost 10 years and still no solution.

Online stephen25000

« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »

Everyone's in shock that a result has been announced a week before the ballot officially ended.   @)(++(*

Well, after all, that's what jp calls DEMOCRACY. @)(++(*
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Online davel

« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2016, 12:33:27 PM »

Well, after all, that's what jp calls DEMOCRACY. @)(++(*

Which is exactly what you called it yesterday
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

Neither the McCanns nor their friend are persons of interest or suspects

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline Admin

« Reply #379 on: March 19, 2016, 12:35:33 PM »
The moderators are volunteers from the forum.  By definition they have an interest in the case, and will have views that they wish to express.  Why on earth would anyone want to go through the thankless task of moderating this form and not be able to post? 

My view is that all of the moderators do an truly excellent job, and I for one would wish to thank them. 

You beat me to it.  There is no problem with moderators or editors espousing a personal view as long as that is clear to everyone.  The important bit is that they are fair and impartial when it comes to moderating.

There was no point in extending the voting any further, every single member was made aware of the election and had ample opportunity to cast their vote.  In the end it was a draw.

We now have a new moderator to replace Anna and another who is non partisan.  I will be monitoring the forum closely as the new mods settle in, any attempt to undermine them will be met with sanctions.

Admin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:43:51 PM by Admin »

Online stephen25000

« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
You beat me to it.  There is no problem with moderators or editors espousing a personal view as long as that is clear to everyone.  The important bit is that they are fair and impartial when it comes to moderating.

There was no point in extending the voting any further, every single member was made aware of the election and had ample opportunity to cast their vote.  In the end it was a draw.

We now have a new moderator to replace Anna and another who is non partisan.  I will be monitoring the forum closely as the new mods settle in, any attempt to undermine them will be met with sanctions.

Admin

So Admin, can you name a democratic election where the rules were changed during the election and the voters had no say on that ?

Offline Admin

« Reply #381 on: March 19, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
So Admin, can you name a democratic election where the rules were changed during the election and the voters had no say on that ?

I must say I was somewhat surprised at the outcome but the members have spoken.  A big thank you to all members who took the time to follow the voting.

This thread is now closed,