Author Topic: Posts must be reported before being removed by a moderator.  (Read 19434 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Posts must be reported before being removed by a moderator.
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »
The French idea sounds cool.
The ISP I use works on their server location as my IP address location whatever.
According to them I am either in Slough or Bournemouth, depending on "traffic".
In reality I am not within 20km of either.
Even if coordinates are given they are for the server.
Comes of living in the backwoods and using string and cocoa tins I suppose.

I'm in Maidenhead apparently. Miles and miles out.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sika

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2016, 11:32:45 PM »
A few years ago on here, my location was disclosed to other posters.  I never received an explanation as to how this happened.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »

I wasn't asking you, and your reply was pathetic. If I have any further questions or 'real issues' I will ask in private in future to the site owner. If thats ok with you...  Thanks.
Please feel free to voice it in public or private, as you choose.
What's up, old man?

Offline mercury

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 01:54:10 AM »
What is the POINT in warnngs like THIS when if you click in the link the wretched nasty post is not there?!!
So you dont know what the problem was? Pls sort this out, its likebeing anonymously spanked for something you did but not being told exactly why lol or who by and you cant even reply and ask ..its quite CREEPY at best

You have received a warning
« Sent to: mercury on: Today at 01:08:58 AM »Reply with quoteDelete
mercury,

You have received a warning for using patronising language when responding to other members.

Please cease this behaviour.

Re: The Supreme Court in Portugal will shortly decide the McCann v Amaral damages case.

Regards,
The UK Justice Forum Team.
Report To Admin

Oh and btw since when was using patronising language aganst the rules, seeing as LOADS of people use it all the time without sanction

(Not admitting to the charge btw unless i see proof)!!!!!

Sad as sad can get

Whats next? No sarcastic language? That should wipe out 60 per cent of all posts pdq

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:01:29 AM by mercury »

Offline John

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 10:24:51 PM »
What is the POINT in warnngs like THIS when if you click in the link the wretched nasty post is not there?!!
So you dont know what the problem was? Pls sort this out, its likebeing anonymously spanked for something you did but not being told exactly why lol or who by and you cant even reply and ask ..its quite CREEPY at best

You have received a warning
« Sent to: mercury on: Today at 01:08:58 AM »Reply with quoteDelete
mercury,

You have received a warning for using patronising language when responding to other members.

Please cease this behaviour.

Re: The Supreme Court in Portugal will shortly decide the McCann v Amaral damages case.

Regards,
Report To Admin

Oh and btw since when was using patronising language aganst the rules, seeing as LOADS of people use it all the time without sanction

(Not admitting to the charge btw unless i see proof)!!!!!

Sad as sad can get

Whats next? No sarcastic language? That should wipe out 60 per cent of all posts pdq

The offending posts are usually available to the moderation team.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mercury

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 10:44:44 PM »
John
The point of my post was that we are NOT TOLD what the offending post consisted of

This is not an ideal situation!

Here you have the possibility of personal interpretation of the rules by mods with no accountability whatsoever and of course no right of reply for the offender!
Hardly a JUST situation

Offline mercury

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
Another POINTLESS warning as I havent a clue what is being referred to...PATHETIC

mercury,

You have received a warning for using inappropriate offensive language in some of your recent posts.

Please moderate your comments in future.

Regards,

{message}

Brietta, if youre reading, can you help? Can you find out what the offensive language I used was? TIA

Ps if it helps the warning was received at 9 42 21 secs tonight
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:50:49 PM by mercury »

stephen25000

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Another POINTLESS warning as I havent a clue what is being referred to...PATHETIC

mercury,

You have received a warning for using inappropriate offensive language in some of your recent posts.

Please moderate your comments in future.

Regards,

{message}

Brietta, if youre reading, can you help? Can you find out what the offensive language I used was? TIA

Ps if it helps the warning was received at 9 42 21 secs tonight

I too have just received the same message.

This will be reported to the forum owner.

As will the clear reasons why it was done.

Offline mercury

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 10:06:03 PM »
I too have just received the same message.

This will be reported to the forum owner.

As will the clear reasons why it was done.

Thanks stephen
The warning accuses me of usng offensive (down to opinion) language not just once but more than once recently....I dont recall any offensive language, so I take offence to the warning especially seeing as its anonymous and links show nothing and has no right of reply...pretty pathetic at best
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:06:49 AM by mercury »

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:45 PM »
Any member making abusive posts will face sanctions regardless of who they are.   Long term members are well aware of the rules so playing the sympathy card will never impress!

Be nasty...expect a response!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:47 PM »
A reminder:

Posts deleted by moderators must be reported before they are removed.  If a mod or an editor wishes to remove a post which has not already been reported they must report it before removal.

The only exceptions to this rule will be posts removed by admin staff.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:10:04 AM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:13 AM »
A reminder:

Posts deleted by moderators must be reported before they are removed.  If a mod or an editor wishes to remove a post which has not already been reported they must report it before removal.

The only exceptions to this rule will be posts removed by admin staff.

Are deleting and removing two different things? Does that mean reported then deleted then removed? Or deleted then reported then removed?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:10:21 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2018, 11:41:42 PM »
Are deleting and removing two different things? Does that mean reported then deleted then removed? Or deleted then reported then removed?

Yes I wondered about that also.  And I really do need to know what the forum staff think about mods removing posts which they do not like the content, it is not of their liking. In the real world this is  a human right issue article 8...

Are we now only allowed to post which are 'nice' and lovely.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2018, 02:12:11 AM »
Yes I wondered about that also.  And I really do need to know what the forum staff think about mods removing posts which they do not like the content, it is not of their liking. In the real world this is  a human right issue article 8...

Are we now only allowed to post which are 'nice' and lovely.

Everything that is removed by a moderator is thereafter reviewed by myself or an admin. There are no exceptions to this procedure which acts as a check on the moderation team.

On reviewing a deleted post we can remove it entirely or restore it either in full or with an edit.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2018, 10:19:15 PM »
Everything that is removed by a moderator is thereafter reviewed by myself or an admin. There are no exceptions to this procedure which acts as a check on the moderation team.

On reviewing a deleted post we can remove it entirely or restore it either in full or with an edit.

Ok Thank you for that.

This evening we had a situation regarding very serious libel by one  Mod. This particular mod is VERY protective of McCanns and claim libel  and removed posts by non McCann lovies, even when there isn't libel.  I would like to have a membership vote to have this person removed as a mod due to biased opinions placed as fact and committing libel against someone who doesn't frequent this board. Or perhaps  the owner would view this kind of behaviour  as bringing this forum into disrepute, and seek to remove the modship.

I would like to hear your thoughts on that John.

Regards

Anne

ps your website has vulnerabilities it needs to be checked out.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin