Author Topic: Why was the first missing poster of a younger Madeleine?  (Read 18647 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Why was the first missing poster of a younger Madeleine?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 06:28:20 PM »
I don't know why the heading is saying 'a young looking Madeleine'   if you look at the well known photo of Madeleine in the red dress,  that was taken the Christmas before,  and looks identical to photo of Madeleine in pink which was the first photo given out,  so four and a half months before Madeleine disappeared.

They couldn't use any of the other photo's taken on the holiday in Portugal as none of them showed a full facial photo of Madeleine and her eye.   The Police always ask for a clear full facial view of a missing child.
Can you put the photo and its providence up on the forum please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »
No doubt in the panic to get something out there wouldn't have been much thought given to how old a particular photo was.  Just a thought but this particular first photo showing her in pink clothing might have had more to do with the pink PJ's she was wearing the night she disappeared.  I believe it was a short time later that her eye defect became a prominent feature in photos.
Her pyjamas were more white than pink. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:59:51 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
Can you put the photo and its providence up on the forum please?

Just look at the holiday photo's,  the ones in the play area,  collecting the tennis balls and the one by the pool,  none of them show a full face of Madeleine with the fleck in her eye.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »
Just look at the holiday photo's,  the ones in the play area,  collecting the tennis balls and the one by the pool,  none of them show a full face of Madeleine with the fleck in her eye.
There were 20 -30 photos on the memory card.  We have not seen the full range of photos available so I'd say we can't be sure.  The tennis ball photo and the pool photo were they on Kate's memory card?  On that particular memory card?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
I don't know why the heading is saying 'a young looking Madeleine'   if you look at the well known photo of Madeleine in the red dress,  that was taken the Christmas before,  and looks identical to photo of Madeleine in pink which was the first photo given out,  so four and a half months before Madeleine disappeared.

.....snip
Can you put the Christmas photo and its providence up on the forum please?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »
There were 20 -30 photos on the memory card.  We have not seen the full range of photos available so I'd say we can't be sure. The tennis ball photo and the pool photo were they on Kate's memory card?  On that particular memory card?

Allegedly
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
Can you put the Christmas photo and its providence up on the forum please?

I thought it was Christmas 2005, though I may be mistaken.  ?{)(**
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
Allegedly
Are you thinking of Gerry's quote regarding the pool photo, about "having it on the digital camera 2:29 PM."  Who's camera? Which card?  We don't know. 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 08:09:05 PM »
Christmas 2005?,  then a year passes till Christmas 2006, then 4 months to May 2007. Are you suggesting that the poster photo of Madeleine is taken 16 months before she went missing?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »

I think you might be right as the baby in the background is not yet walking i.e under 1 year old so it must be in 2005.
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 08:32:37 PM »
It was a recent photo.

What is the point of having a recent photo that doesn't show her whole face or doesn't show the fleck in her eye?

This is a recent photo - on the holiday.

Compared to this

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:36:45 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:38 PM »
Hair length is definitely different. They look completely different agewise.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:04:41 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
Hair length is definitely different. They look completely different agewise.

How can that be ? - Lace thinks they are identical   @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
The first picture - one of her in a pink spotty top is not showing a particularly young Madeleine - those came later.
Copies were produced on a colour photocopier and I think were A4 size.
They were printed from the memory card by Amy T on her boyfriends printer.  ROB selected one particular photo from the choice of 20 -30 photos.  This photo was then placed on a sheet of A4 paper and the message was added, then placed on the photocopier and up to 200 posters were produced by John Hill and his wife.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 09:44:44 PM »
No it was the 'iconic' photo - the one Sadie posted that I was thinking of.

However the other photo is also full faced with her looking directly at the camera - with no hat and no shadows.   IMO that angle is preferable to a side-faced angle, with shadows, or one where a hat is being worn - when it comes to identification purposes.

IMO clarity of facial features was the thinking behind the choice of piccies at that time.
Speculation but OK.
Moderation