Author Topic: What happened when Gerry said "no comment" in that instance?  (Read 7338 times)

Offline Robittybob1

What happened when Gerry said "no comment" in that instance?
« on: January 16, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »
Alfie: What happened when Gerry said "no comment" in that instance?  A whole new conspiracy was born!

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7877.msg376264#msg376264

I would like to explore the history behind this incident mainly because I'm not aware of it.  What is the story there?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

Re: What happened when Gerry said "no comment" in that instance?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »

Gerry was asked quite early on by The Media if he knew Robert Murat.  He said that he wasn't going to answer that, presumably due to the Secrecy Laws.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
Gerry was asked quite early on by The Media if he knew Robert Murat.  He said that he wasn't going to answer that, presumably due to the Secrecy Laws.
Presumably this question came after Murat was made an arguido.  Is that correct?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:35:36 PM »
Presumably this question came after Murat was made an arguido.  Is that correct?
"A couple of days after Robert Murat was taken in for questioning by the Portuguese Police and formally declared a suspect, Dr Gerald McCann was asked: “Did you already know Robert Murat?” Dr McCann brushed the question aside impatiently and said: “I am not going to comment on that”. That led many to consider that the two men did previously know each other." JH forum.
 “Did you already know Robert Murat?”
is different from the often quoted question " “Did you know Robert Murat?”  For were they trying to work out "Did you know Robert Murat before you came to Praia da Luz"?

And even if someone says Robert denied knowing the McCanns that doesn't stop Gerry knowing (something) about Robert.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:00:24 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:06:53 PM »

Yes, if I recall correctly.  I have always wondered what the big deal was all about.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »
I think Gerry was just having a bad day and switched into arsehole mode when questioned by reporters. Easily done when you are stressed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 09:18:40 PM »
I think Gerry was just having a bad day and switched into arsehole mode when questioned by reporters. Easily done when you are stressed.
"Did you know Robert Murat before?"   "Did you know Gerry McCann before?"
Moderation

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

I'll go with that.
It is easily enough done even when one is not in "arsehole mode" if one does not wish to be sucked into a  particular conversation. I think he was remarkably restrained, I would have been in FPPM (full pirate's parrot mode).
 ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »
Yes, if I recall correctly.  I have always wondered what the big deal was all about.
Thank you.  Then I would agree with you it is somewhat of a nothing issue, IMO.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 04:47:41 AM »
https://youtu.be/6qNhoWz0rQw?t=22
Interviewer: "Did you know Robert Murat?"
Gerry "I'm not going to comment on that"

Seems fair in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:02:36 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Alfie

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
Thank you.  Then I would agree with you it is somewhat of a nothing issue, IMO.
Blown up by conspiracy theorists at the time (and I believe one of our more notorious forum members also holds this view to this day) that Murat and McCann were known to each other before the holiday even started. 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »
Blown up by conspiracy theorists at the time (and I believe one of our more notorious forum members also holds this view to this day) that Murat and McCann were known to each other before the holiday even started.
But even if they had, would it matter?  If they were personal friends maybe it could have been a conflict of interest.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:44:48 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

ferryman

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:43:48 AM »
No!

Alfie

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:27 AM »
But even if they had, would it matter?  If they were personal friends maybe it could have been a conflict of interest.
If it turned out they had been friends but both lied about it in PdL then it might look a bit suspicious, but they weren't friends before so no one lied.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »
No!
Yes!  What is the point of saying "No!"?
Moderation