Author Topic: Who are your top 3 ACTIVE ACCURATE media reporters re Madeleine?  (Read 5524 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

I am looking for the names of the best media reporters who cover the Madeleine McCann story, and who are active on this front as we post.

I hope to identify a shortlist of 3 such reporters operating in the UK media, and 3 operating in the Portuguese media.

Portugal covers the location where Madeleine McCann disappeared, and the main countries (UK and Ireland) which possibly can generate further leads.

I do not have the resources to extend to other countries that may harbour information pertinent to Madeleine's disappearance.  These include Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Russia and Poland, but if the Sun is to be believed, I am still 91 countries short.

Please feel free to nominate your top picks using your criteria.  With a list of names, I can sort the sheep from the goats.

Personally, I am looking for the following.

They should be relatively neutral and impartial.  This may well be the toughest challenge in both the UK and Portugal.

They should be investigative journalists.  That is, ones who can apply a bit of elbow grease in expanding our knowledge of what happened on 3 May 2007.

They should have some gravitas, standing or reputation.  Madeleine has been ill-served by sensationalist articles.

They MUST be active. Someone who has retired may be an option in future but not at the present.

I am looking simply for the names of 3 decent quality investigative journos in the UK and the same in Portugal, where such journos have an interest in Madeleine's case.

Over to you.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Who are your top 3 ACTIVE ACCURATE media reporters re Madeleine?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:15:41 PM »
I am looking for the names of the best media reporters who cover the Madeleine McCann story, and who are active on this front as we post.

I hope to identify a shortlist of 3 such reporters operating in the UK media, and 3 operating in the Portuguese media.

Portugal covers the location where Madeleine McCann disappeared, and the main countries (UK and Ireland) which possibly can generate further leads.

I do not have the resources to extend to other countries that may harbour information pertinent to Madeleine's disappearance.  These include Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Russia and Poland, but if the Sun is to be believed, I am still 91 countries short.

Please feel free to nominate your top picks using your criteria.  With a list of names, I can sort the sheep from the goats.

They should be relatively neutral and impartial.  This may well be the toughest challenge in both the UK and Portugal.

They should be investigative journalists.  That is, ones who can apply a bit of elbow grease in expanding our knowledge of what happened on 3 May 2007.

They should have some gravitas, standing or reputation.  Madeleine has been ill-served by sensationalist articles.

They MUST be active. Someone who has retired may be an option in future but not at the present.

I am looking simply for the names of 3 decent quality investigative journos in the UK and the same in Portugal, where such journos have an interest in Madeleine's case.

Over to you.

you will struggle....what you are asking for is impossible....as you will find

you want impartial so you will not accept any jourmalist who supports the mccannns even if in reality they are impartial
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:23:48 PM by davel »

Alfie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »
Perhaps it would be a good idea to define "impartial" before any progress can be made in this quest?  As I understand it, any article that quotes unnmaed sources that supports the view that the Met are investigating a criminal act by a stranger is deemed McCann propaganda, fed by Clarence Mitchell, so we can scrub all the journos who have ever written such an article.  On the other hand, any article that hints at McCann wrong-doing is deemed to be the work of credible investigative journos, so that means the team that did the Sunday Times piece go to the top of the list.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
Perhaps it would be a good idea to define "impartial" before any progress can be made in this quest?  As I understand it, any article that quotes unnmaed sources that supports the view that the Met are investigating a criminal act by a stranger is deemed McCann propaganda, fed by Clarence Mitchell, so we can scrub all the journos who have ever written such an article.  On the other hand, any article that hints at McCann wrong-doing is deemed to be the work of credible investigative journos, so that means the team that did the Sunday Times piece go to the top of the list.

absolutely Alf...the voice of reason

ferryman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:44:09 PM »
Natasha Donn ...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:04 PM »
Natasha Donn ...

im sure sil would find her impartial

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:56:21 PM »
the fact is that any genuine investigative journalist would immediately see taht any suggestion of parental involvement is totally ridiculous

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 12:29:26 AM »

Over to you.

I think  Darshna Soni did a very fair interview with the McCanns a few years ago.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 02:10:11 AM »

Over to you.

Are you actually looking for UK journalists who know far more about the case than we do but can't print their stories because of media restrictions? Otherwise, you should be looking to the journalists on your home soil.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 02:38:15 AM »
the fact is that any genuine investigative journalist would immediately see taht any suggestion of parental involvement is totally ridiculous

Parental involvement is probably the most common. factor in abductions so hardly ridiculous.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 07:57:34 AM »
Parental involvement is probably the most common. factor in abductions so hardly ridiculous.

Only when there is a custody dispute so ridiculous

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 09:33:18 AM »
I can't recall any piece of investigative journalism relating to the case of Madeleine McCann. Of course there could have been restrictions on what could be said. I have often wondered what a Super (inaudible) might be; it seems to have had the power to ban something. I wonder where it came from and who it applied to?

4078    “You also, when we spoke earlier, expressed a sense of frustration about the fact that you’d all been banned by the Super (inaudible).”
 Reply    “That’s right, yes.”

4078    “And you’d been very restrained in what you said.”
 Reply    “Yeah, yeah.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »
Only when there is a custody dispute so ridiculous

Not so.  Cipriano and Matthews come to mind!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:07:39 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Not so.  Cipriano and Matthews come to mind!

Neither were abducted
In just about every parental abduction there is a custody dispute and its obvious why

A parent can only abduct there own child if there is a custody dispute
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:18:37 AM by davel »

Alfie

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »
I can't recall any piece of investigative journalism relating to the case of Madeleine McCann. Of course there could have been restrictions on what could be said. I have often wondered what a Super (inaudible) might be; it seems to have had the power to ban something. I wonder where it came from and who it applied to?

4078    “You also, when we spoke earlier, expressed a sense of frustration about the fact that you’d all been banned by the Super (inaudible).”
 Reply    “That’s right, yes.”

4078    “And you’d been very restrained in what you said.”
 Reply    “Yeah, yeah.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htm
Mischievous.  Very mischievous.

"TRANSCRIPT BY DUARTE LEVY"