Author Topic: Supreme Court rules against the McCanns in damages case.  (Read 28155 times)

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
    • Justice 4 John Lamberton
Re: Supreme Court rules against the McCanns in damages case.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »
I don't think it is as easy as that.

I am not an expert in McCann v Amaral.  I am not an expert in Portuguese law.  I am not an expert in European law.

But I have been told by someone with more knowledge than me that this outcome would result in the McCanns having to pay out very large sums of money.

Whether the Find Madeleine fund can pay for this purpose and the impact it would have is something we discussed a long time ago.  I'm afraid my limited interest in this case means I have forgotten the details.

Amaral is planning to sue them for damages and now that the Supreme Court has cleared the last remaining obstacle nothing can hold him back.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline davel

• Veteran Member
  • oh Lord its hard to be humble
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
Amaral is planning to sue them for damages and now that the Supreme Court has cleared the last remaining obstacle nothing can hold him back.

again we will see if this actually happens
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

Neither the McCanns nor their friend are persons of interest or suspects

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline Alfie

• Executive Member
  • What's it all about...?
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
LOL.  So he'll win that, the McCanns will appeal, they will win, he will appeal, the judgement will be upheld - that should keep us busy for the next 10 years....
Only asking questions....

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
Though this is undoubtedly yet another kick in the teeth for them and though they must feel a huge injustice has been served to them and their family, I think the McCanns will get over it.  Let's hope they don't get any daft ideas about going to the ECHR (if that is even an option, not sure).  Time to move on and try and forget about the little creep and his book now IMO.

If only life were so simple Alfie.  I fear this has opened a brand new chapter.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
LOL.  So he'll win that, the McCanns will appeal, they will win, he will appeal, the judgement will be upheld - that should keep us busy for the next 10 years....

Not this time, Amaral has a rock solid case.

Offline misty

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
I hope Amaral is prepared for the barrage of negative media reports which will undoubtedly now be released.

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
I hope Amaral is prepared for the barrage of negative media reports which will undoubtedly now be released.

Predictably the headlines will be, McCanns lose and not Amaral wins.

Offline Angelo222

• Senior Moderator
  • Post editor
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »
Where are all the supporters now?  Those who have been claiming the McCann's will win for months?

Hopefully the police can now open a conspiracy investigation to look into the Metodo 3 - Correia affair.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:52:50 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Offline Alfie

• Executive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »
Where are all the supporters now?  Those who have been claiming the McCann's will win for months?
Who are you referring to?  I predicted the McCanns would lose, pretty much from the off.

Offline Alfie

• Executive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »
Not this time, Amaral has a rock solid case.
Oh?  Would you care to outline it?

Offline xtina

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »

after what he has been through .....i doubt he will be bothered

he won .......and that is the main thing...
All my posts are IMO

Online Brietta

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 04:57:51 PM »

Hopefully the police can now open a conspiracy investigation to look into the Metodo 3 - Correia affair.

I am exceedingly sorry their appeal hasn't been upheld. I had hoped it would be.  However, from the little I have learned about Portuguese process ... I am not in the least surprised at the outcome.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
I am exceedingly sorry their appeal hasn't been upheld. I had hoped it would be.  However, from the little I have learned about Portuguese process ... I am not in the least surprised at the outcome.

And there's your starter for ten.
'The archiving of the case was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the appellants.
'There is therefore a significant, and not merely a semantic difference, between the legally admissible foundations of the archive ruling.
'It doesn't therefore seem acceptable that the ruling, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be equated to proof of innocence.'

Offline John

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Senior Editor
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
Oh?  Would you care to outline it?

I already have.  You know how much he has lost because of the Restraint Order.

Online ShiningInLuz

• Shining In Luz
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
Barrage of negative media reports from whom against whom?

One of the parts of the CdM report that caught my eye was how well this news was received in Portugal.  94.2% very pleased.
I'm moving to Portelas!