Author Topic: Communication With JB  (Read 904 times)

Offline Myster

• Senior Moderator
  • "Open the pod bay doors, HOL!!!"
Re: Communication With JB
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
Goodness knows!  Just the thought of all that stuff originating from some hell hole like Full Sutton or Wakefield and handled but all sorts just freaks me out and wreaks havoc with my OCD.  I've got more relaxed about it but initially I wore latex gloves and then put it in a plastic bag.   

You'd have no problem with letters from here... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271530/Inmates-phones-laptops-new-prison.html
‘Somebody in this case is lying, and lying their heads off.’ Anthony Arlidge QC, closing speech at the Bamber trial, 22 October 1986

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
You'd have no problem with letters from here... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271530/Inmates-phones-laptops-new-prison.html

While they view this as good for rehabilitation I view it as telling criminals jail isn't so bad so break the law at will and if you get caught things won't be too bad.

“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline mrswah

• Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
While they view this as good for rehabilitation I view it as telling criminals jail isn't so bad so break the law at will and if you get caught things won't be too bad.

I can see your point, but the other side is that most prisoners are not on whole life tariffs, and therefore, will be released at some point.  I  think there is a case for teaching IT skills to prisoners who are serving long sentences, but who will eventually be released. They will need them "on the outside".  It is not as if they are being allowed to use social media.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »

I can see your point, but the other side is that most prisoners are not on whole life tariffs, and therefore, will be released at some point.  I  think there is a case for teaching IT skills to prisoners who are serving long sentences, but who will eventually be released. They will need them "on the outside".  It is not as if they are being allowed to use social media.

You can teach skills without such nice digs.
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Myster

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »
You can teach skills without such nice digs.

Lags will be climbing over themselves at the gate to get in, never mind hatching plans to escape! And they won't need any IT lessons, judging by the amount of stolen phones and computer gear that changes hands on the net.
‘Somebody in this case is lying, and lying their heads off.’ Anthony Arlidge QC, closing speech at the Bamber trial, 22 October 1986

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »
Lags will be climbing over themselves at the gate to get in, never mind hatching plans to escape! And they won't need any IT lessons, judging by the amount of stolen phones and computer gear that changes hands on the net.

On TV you see kingpins running their crime empires from prison in luxury.  It seems they are opening such luxury up to average criminals. 

Part of how you rehabilitate is to deter criminal behavior by saying prison sucks don't come back.  this seems counter-productive.

It also seems to limit the punishment value.  Prison is:

1) to keep criminals away from the public to protect the public
2) to punish
3) to deter wronging
4) to try to rehabilitate

Giving them phones and computers seems to undermine all of these, it can let them victimize even from prison.

I think the best prison would be one that makes them work to pay for their keep.  That would teach them some skill and make them know they will have to work one way or another so might as well go straight and work outside of prison.  Maybe even have some of the work be useful trades they can apply outside of the prisons.

Offline Holly Goodhead

• How cute am I?!
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »

Well lots of these state run places eg care homes, hospitals and schools etc are superficially clean but they all have that sort of institutional smell about them and I imagine the same applies to prisons. 

The prison in the above vid is Cat C and I would imagine a far cry from anything JB will ever experience as a Cat A.

I imagine JB's prison as having stark strip lighting; cheap plastic chairs in communal areas scraping on plastic flooring; constant sound of metal banging against metal; lots of 'oddball' smelly men wandering around wearing baggy clothing; tense atmosphere; devoid of anything soft and fluffy.
Justice for Sheila and Jeremy. Victims of poorly arranged baby scoop era adoptions. Australia has apologised. Time for the UK to do the same?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVbokTpYeg http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/92

Offline Myster

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 09:39:34 PM »
Well lots of these state run places eg care homes, hospitals and schools etc are superficially clean but they all have that sort of institutional smell about them and I imagine the same applies to prisons. 

The prison in the above vid is Cat C and I would imagine a far cry from anything JB will ever experience as a Cat A.

I imagine JB's prison as having stark strip lighting; cheap plastic chairs in communal areas scraping on plastic flooring; constant sound of metal banging against metal; lots of 'oddball' smelly men wandering around wearing baggy clothing; tense atmosphere; devoid of anything soft and fluffy.

... other than a handful of hybristophiliacs hanging around in the meeting room.

Offline Samson

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2017, 02:05:56 AM »
Thanks for clarifying things, Myster and Caroline.  I followed the case some years ago, but am now somewhat out of date, and am re-learning!!
You are not relearning if you listen to Caroline and Myster. They are leading you right up the garden path. Holly Goodhead is the expert in these parts, trust me, I know. We are still trying to educate on the identical Bain case in New Zealand where his father killed the family then himself, yet a great hoax like this one was perpetrated, and has created a similar lunatic industry. I would sooner be a moon landing denier, at least that is vaguely plausible.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:22:13 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Samson

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 02:13:18 AM »

D) The evidence establishes the event started with both parents being shot in bed and then Nevill and his killer going to the kitchen where Nevill was beaten and killed. The notion Nevill called Jeremy then dropped the phone and went back to bed is not credible at all.
I'm glad you said that, it has been so clearly disproved all your other claims can be junked with it.

Offline Myster

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 04:46:36 AM »
You are not relearning if you listen to Caroline and Myster. They are leading you right up the garden path. Holly Goodhead is the expert in these parts, trust me, I know. We are still trying to educate on the identical Bain case in New Zealand where his father killed the family then himself, yet a great hoax like this one was perpetrated, and has created a similar lunatic industry. I would sooner be a moon landing denier, at least that is vaguely plausible.

You know sweet FA.  Bain bears no relevance to Bamber. Go back to IA and crackpot blue where you can indulge in your pretentious pseudo-intellectual waffle and fawning of other posters for evermore... or  at least contribute some intelligent analysis of the case here.

By the way, have you apologised to pugsy yet?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:22:51 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline mrswah

• Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »

LOL, I intend to learn from both those who think JB is guilty, and from those who think he's innocent, and also from those who, like me, are on the fence!  Haven't heard of the Bain case, but will look it up. 

The Jeffrey McDonald case in America has some ( vague )similarities too, and I have long been a believer in his innocence.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:23:26 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Holly Goodhead

• How cute am I?!
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »

The fact I'm widely read on the case doesn't make me an expert.  Only those with experience and qualifications in the areas of ballistics, biology (blood pattern analysis), pathology, psychology and psychiatry can be considered experts.
Justice for Sheila and Jeremy. Victims of poorly arranged baby scoop era adoptions. Australia has apologised. Time for the UK to do the same?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVbokTpYeg http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/92

Offline Caroline

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2017, 12:36:17 PM »
I'm glad you said that, it has been so clearly disproved all your other claims can be junked with it.

Seriously Samson, I think you've had a short back and sides because there is certainly no strength in any of your arguments.. The very fact that you have to denigrate other posters to even have enough words to make a post, just makes you a joke.

Offline puglove

• Over 32 THOUSAND posts of lazy, ignorant bigotry.
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »
You know sweet FA.  Bain bears no relevance to Bamber. Go back to IA and crackpot blue where you can indulge in your pretentious pseudo-intellectual waffle and fawning of other posters for evermore... or  at least contribute some intelligent analysis of the case here.

By the way, have you apologised to pugsy yet?

Yeah, Samson, where the hell is my apology? I DEMAND an apology.

(What did he do?)
Bamber's hot new team. Mr. Kipling, Miss Piggy, and a fat bloke. It's all looking very hopeful.