Author Topic: Communication With JB  (Read 6031 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: Communication With JB
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
Thanks Myster.

Am I right in thinking that no record was found of Nevill having phoned Jeremy?

NOR was there any record of Nevill having called the police.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
Thanks for clarifying things, Myster and Caroline.  I followed the case some years ago, but am now somewhat out of date, and am re-learning!!

Sorting out the wheat from the chaff is the hard part  8((()*/

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »
NOR was there any record of Nevill having called the police.

Cuzedidnee  &%&£(+

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
Thanks Myster.

Am I right in thinking that no record was found of Nevill having phoned Jeremy?

At that time the phone company did not send statements with detailed phone billing thus there was no way to establish whether such a call happened based on phone records.  This permitted Jeremy to make up anything he desired.

The phone company did dispute one of his claims though.  He claimed Nevill was in the middle of speaking to him then the call was suddenly cut off. He left the phone off the hook to support the notion that Nevill was dragged away in the middle of the call.  Jeremy claimed he hung up and then immediately tried to phone Nevill back but the phone was busy.

The phone company said that if Nevill had been dragged away with the phone left off the hook then Jeremy wound have to have hung up the phone and left it on the hook for about 3 minutes in order for it to clear the line before he could use his phone to call someone else.  Thus it would be impossible for him to immediately call Nevill back. If he had been telling the truth he would have had a problem with his phone not working and would have noted such.

As Caroline pointed out this made up phone call harmed him tremendously in the long run:

1) It proved he had contemporary knowledge of the crime- he would have been better off letting people find the bodies in the morning rather than calling police and admitting to having knowledge of the murders at the time

2) The claim effectively renders the killer either Jeremy or Sheila, it prevents Jeremy from trying to blame anyone but Sheila.

3) In addition to not having been able to call back immediately like he claimed, there are several things that defeat the notion he could/would have received such call.

A) If Sheila were running around with a gun why would Nevill leave his wife and the twins in bed?  The notion he went to use the phone leaving her to shoot them makes no sense.

B) Even if Jeremy answered it would take a while since his phone was downstairs and take a while for him to dress and come.  He would lose 5 minutes making the call and then another 15 for Jeremy to arrive.  Why would he think it is better to wait 20 minutes for Jeremy to try to disarm her instead of trying himself?

D) The evidence establishes the event started with both parents being shot in bed and then Nevill and his killer going to the kitchen where Nevill was beaten and killed. The notion Nevill called Jeremy then dropped the phone and went back to bed is not credible at all.

“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »
At that time the phone company did not send statements with detailed phone billing thus there was no way to establish whether such a call happened based on phone records.  This permitted Jeremy to make up anything he desired.

The phone company did dispute one of his claims though.  He claimed Nevill was in the middle of speaking to him then the call was suddenly cut off. He left the phone off the hook to support the notion that Nevill was dragged away in the middle of the call.  Jeremy claimed he hung up and then immediately tried to phone Nevill back but the phone was busy.

The phone company said that if Nevill had been dragged away with the phone left off the hook then Jeremy wound have to have hung up the phone and left it on the hook for about 3 minutes in order for it to clear the line before he could use his phone to call someone else.  Thus it would be impossible for him to immediately call Nevill back. If he had been telling the truth he would have had a problem with his phone not working and would have noted such.

As Caroline pointed out this made up phone call harmed him tremendously in the long run:

1) It proved he had contemporary knowledge of the crime- he would have been better off letting people find the bodies in the morning rather than calling police and admitting to having knowledge of the murders at the time

2) The claim effectively renders the killer either Jeremy or Sheila, it prevents Jeremy from trying to blame anyone but Sheila.

3) In addition to not having been able to call back immediately like he claimed, there are several things that defeat the notion he could/would have received such call.

A) If Sheila were running around with a gun why would Nevill leave his wife and the twins in bed?  The notion he went to use the phone leaving her to shoot them makes no sense.

B) Even if Jeremy answered it would take a while since his phone was downstairs and take a while for him to dress and come.  He would lose 5 minutes making the call and then another 15 for Jeremy to arrive.  Why would he think it is better to wait 20 minutes for Jeremy to try to disarm her instead of trying himself?

D) The evidence establishes the event started with both parents being shot in bed and then Nevill and his killer going to the kitchen where Nevill was beaten and killed. The notion Nevill called Jeremy then dropped the phone and went back to bed is not credible at all.

Many thanks for that detailed reply!  I have been wading through the forum, and the documents!!  I was living in Essex at the time of the massacre, and took an interest, then didn't keep up to date with it. All the various forums and internet articles are proving very interesting.

Offline adam

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 05:30:27 PM »

I cannot pretend to know as much about the case as the rest of you, and I haven't read anything by Mike Tesko, but I have always wondered whether Jeremy employed a hit man. I know he gave Julie the name of one, but this claim turned out to be false.  Has it been proved that no hitman was used?  If someone else carried out the massacre on Jeremy's instructions, this might cause Jeremy to think he's innocent.

Mike was suggesting it was a hit man team. Rather like when Bin Laden's  compound was raided.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »
I agree, he does go on about irrelevant things and stuff that wouldn't get through the CCRC because it's been used before or wouldn't prove he was innocent. I think every letter I have contains the sentence (or as near as damned it) "We now know everything, they all lied and it won't be long before I'm free". However, I did ask him lots of stuff about the case, most of the time when it was questions I asked him, he was evasive, dismissive or just ignored it. Then there is the wallet, I still say his reaction and later explanation was/is suspicious.

Did you feel the need to wash your hands afterwards? I mean after handling the letters/envelopes?  Assuming you have retained them have you separated them from other personal effects to prevent contamination? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »
Jeremy Bamber claimed that he received a phone call from his dad during the night saying  - "Please come over. Your sister has gone crazy and has got the gun".  (He has also stated recently that he recognised his dad's voice).  So at trial there was only a choice of two people who could have done it - either Jeremy or his sister Sheila.  No hitman involved, that was simply a ruse he told to girlfriend to deflect attention from himself.

As for Tesko, this tells you all you need to know... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmCART1vcCo

His WS of 7th Aug and the WS's of some others do not refer to "Please come over".

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5723.msg202984#msg202984

And yes I know JB told the Daily Mirror NB said "Please come over" but this was some 2/2.5 decades after the event.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »
Did you feel the need to wash your hands afterwards? I mean after handling the letters/envelopes?  Assuming you have retained them have you separated them from other personal effects to prevent contamination?

Sometimes I think I can have a decent conversation with you and then you say something like the above.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
Sometimes I think I can have a decent conversation with you and then you say something like the above.

Well that's how I felt, I was only asking! 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
Well that's how I felt, I was only asking!

Contaminated by what?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
Contaminated by what?

Goodness knows!  Just the thought of all that stuff originating from some hell hole like Full Sutton or Wakefield and handled but all sorts just freaks me out and wreaks havoc with my OCD.  I've got more relaxed about it but initially I wore latex gloves and then put it in a plastic bag.   

Offline Caroline

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
Goodness knows!  Just the thought of all that stuff originating from some hell hole like Full Sutton or Wakefield and handled but all sorts just freaks me out and wreaks havoc with my OCD.  I've got more relaxed about it but initially I wore latex gloves and then put it in a plastic bag.   

I never even thought about it but I don't have OCD.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
I never even thought about it but I don't have OCD.

Well even if you don't have OCD surely you felt a bit apprehensive handling his correspondence even when you thought he was innocent?  If I thought he was guilty I would not re-read the letters inside my home for fear that his skin cells might fall out the letter onto me or my belongings. 

Any of the monsters at the mansion could walk into his cell and handle his things and then skin cells could drop off the paper onto me or my belongings.  The whole thing freaks me out.

I can imagine even worse scenarios but I don't even want to go there.   

Offline Caroline

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »
Well even if you don't have OCD surely you felt a bit apprehensive handling his correspondence even when you thought he was innocent?  If I thought he was guilty I would not re-read the letters inside my home for fear that his skin cells might fall out the letter onto me or my belongings. 

Any of the monsters at the mansion could walk into his cell and handle his things and then skin cells could drop off the paper onto me or my belongings.  The whole thing freaks me out.

I can imagine even worse scenarios but I don't even want to go there.   

It doesn't bother me, like I said, I've never thought about stuff like that.