Author Topic: One enduring myth.  (Read 32753 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: One enduring myth.
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
I have to admit this has always concerned me, that neither of the gentlemen noticed Ms Tanner walking by. And in one video I have seen Ms Tanner is talking to Mr McCann in the street and they disagree as to where he was standing. Most curious

Indeed most curious, among other  most curious incidents which seemed to be on the menu that night!
 It reads like a spoof murder mystery made for TV on  a very low budget.

Re the calpol, I don't believe the parents poisend their daughter, however Calpol contains paracetamol and an over dose of that can kill.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfie

« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
Indeed most curious, among other  most curious incidents which seemed to be on the menu that night!
 It reads like a spoof murder mystery made for TV on  a very low budget.

Re the calpol, I don't believe the parents poisend their daughter, however Calpol contains paracetamol and an over dose of that can kill.
A small child could drink a whole bottle of Calpol and it would not kill them.  I trust you are not claiming this is what happened to Madeleine?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »
A small child could drink a whole bottle of Calpol and it would not kill them.  I trust you are not claiming this is what happened to Madeleine?

Do you have   problem reading posts?  Please quote the part where I claim this is what happened. I was stating a point of fact regarding a medicine. I did not mention Maddie and calpol in the same sentence, so pull it back!

Do you think Maddie drank a whole bottle and died- oh my another thesis just popped up.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfie

« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
Do you have   problem reading posts?  Please quote the part where I claim this is what happened. I was stating a point of fact regarding a medicine. I did not mention Maddie and calpol in the same sentence, so pull it back!

Do you think Maddie drank a whole bottle and died- oh my another thesis just popped up.
I think it must be you with the problem re: reading posts - I didn't say that you said it, I said I trust you are NOT saying it, thanks for confirming that you are not, though why you felt the need to point this out in a Madeleine McCann forum I'm not really sure.  Furthermore I categorically claimed that a small child can drink a whole bottle of Calpol and NOT die, so where did you get the idea that I thought Madeleine died after drinking a whole bottle of Calpol?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
I have to admit this has always concerned me, that neither of the gentlemen noticed Ms Tanner walking by. And in one video I have seen Ms Tanner is talking to Mr McCann in the street and they disagree as to where he was standing. Most curious
That is in the Emma Loach documentary we were discussing recently. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7981.0
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2017, 03:27:49 AM »
From the early days of Madeleine McCann's disappearance Goncalo Amaral has insisted there was huge political involvement in the case ranging from MI5 to the Holy Father.

It is widely believed.

The Deputy Director of the Judiciary Police, Pedro do Carmo states categorically that it is not true.

Maddie Case: Ten Years Later, PJ Denies Political Pressures
On the eve of the tenth anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, the Judiciary Police Directorate denies that there have been political pressures from London and Lisbon in the course of the investigation.
LUSA April 29, 2017, 12:49
https://www.publico.pt/2017/04/29/sociedade/noticia/caso-maddie-dez-anos-depois-pj-nega-pressoes-politicas-1770459

In 2011 John Blacksmith posted

Snip
And these comments have been amplified elsewhere.You know what a good friend of Portugal I have been.

You knew perfectly well that the majority of the Portuguese information I posted from beginning to end was provided by Goncalo Amaral and yourself, with subsidiary input and documentation from others, including members of the PJ, officer De Freitas and lawyers associated with the case, for example.

Furthermore I remind you that before publication of recent posts I repeatedly asked for the evidence from GA of political interference by the UK, none of which he was able to provide.

At no time has anyone on those two sites made any attempt to point out to the more hysterical of your posters, even tactfully and anonymously, the true origin of much of my information.

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/time-for-change-from-blacksmith-sent-05.html

Political interference?  Mibbes aye mibbes naw but definitely evidence perhaps of "fake news" before the majority of us knew such a thing even existed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
It turns out my 18 year old daughter is convinced the parents dunnit.  When pressed why she thinks this she says she read some things on the internet about the 100% match to Madeleine's DNA in the hire car and that the parents had drugged the kids.  Fake news is all pervasive and extremely effective at implanting ideas which have no basis in fact and which are incredibly difficult to shake.  When I tried reasoning with daughter and pointed out the evidence was flawed or non existent she was not remotely interested, she just said 'I know what I read and I don't care what you say, I think they are guilty'.  We've got Goncalo and his entire online fan base thank for that - well done to them for their hugely successful propaganda campaign, it's certainly been extremely effective. 

stephen25000

« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »
It turns out my 18 year old daughter is convinced the parents dunnit.  When pressed why she thinks this she says she read some things on the internet about the 100% match to Madeleine's DNA in the hire car and that the parents had drugged the kids.  Fake news is all pervasive and extremely effective at implanting ideas which have no basis in fact and which are incredibly difficult to shake.  When I tried reasoning with daughter and pointed out the evidence was flawed or non existent she was not remotely interested, she just said 'I know what I read and I don't care what you say, I think they are guilty'.  We've got Goncalo and his entire online fan base thank for that - well done to them for their hugely successful propaganda campaign, it's certainly been extremely effective.

There is propaganda on both sides, as you well know Alfie.

Prime example, the interview with Fiona Bruce.

Also, perhaps you can remind me, does the UK press support the McCann's or Amaral ?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »

dont you like  other people having   a  opinion diffrent to you? you  should be pleased  your  daughter can think for herself

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »

Also, perhaps you can remind me, does the UK press support the McCann's or Amaral ?

i think we both know the  answer to that 8)-)))

Alfie

« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2017, 10:41:16 AM »

My daughter watched that interview and it made not a jot of difference to her view.  It seems she prefers fake news and myths, which is a shame IMO.

Alfie

« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
dont you like  other people having   a  opinion diffrent to you? you  should be pleased  your  daughter can think for herself
Why should I pleased that my daughter has chosen to believe myths about this case, and when Intry and explain why these are myths she isn't interested?  Explain why that is a good thing that I should be pleased about?

stephen25000

« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2017, 10:43:35 AM »
My daughter watched that interview and it made not a jot of difference to her view.  It seems she prefers fake news and myths, which is a shame IMO.

It is a matter of discussion as to what is fake news in this context.

Let's try and avoid Trump-ism's.

Offline barrier

« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
Out of interest who would you have her believe? there are only two things certain in the whole affair,Madeleine was reported missing on 3/05/2007 to this date her fate remains unknown.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Alfie

« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
Out of interest who would you have her believe? there are only two things certain in the whole affair,Madeleine was reported missing on 3/05/2007 to this date her fate remains unknown.
I would have her give the parents the benefit of the doubt, seeing as how she is (by her own admission) largely ignorant of the details of this case and really doesn't know what she is talking about.  But in this day and age we all have to have an opinion on a subject, no matter how little we know of the matter.  Fortunately my daughter has no interest whatsoever in trying to convince others that her opinion on the McCanns should be listened to, nor spends any time whatsoever tweeting or posting about her doubts, so no harm done really.