Author Topic: OTHER MISSING KIDS 'SHORT CHANGED' Matthew Wright says  (Read 23630 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: OTHER MISSING KIDS 'SHORT CHANGED' Matthew Wright says
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
So rob and dave, have you done a search ?

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/01-007561

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/03-000658

..and there are plenty more.

Why just the UK  ?

Madeleine disappeared in Portugal.
But isn't the search funded by the UK tax payer?  It is rather difficult to have an exact comparison to another case for there may not be another English child that has gone missing while in Portugal.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
Money has been spent, a lot of money, and nothing to show for it.

Now Erngath, what about all other missing children. Shouldn't they have resources spent on them.

What about their families ?

You answer my question first and then I will answer yours.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
But isn't the search funded by the UK tax payer?  It is rather difficult to have an exact comparison to another case for there may not be another English child that has gone missing while in Portugal.

Funded by the tax payer, yes,  but authorized initially by Cameron.

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 08:53:55 AM »
You answer my question first and then I will answer yours.

All missing children should be investigated.

Haven't you worked that out for yourself already. I have made myself quite clear on that.

What remains unclear though, is why some people believe that disproportionate amounts of money should be given to one case above all others.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 08:55:46 AM »

It's not quite 10 years yet.

You and rob asked for cases, as you have before. You got them.

The people on that site, including children have not been found.

Madeleine is just one missing child among many. The resources allocated to her are disproportionate compared to any other case, and there is nothing to show for it either.
It was related to the effort put in by the family.  True, some other families may not have been that keen for the truth to be known so it fades out of the limelight.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »
It was related to the effort put in by the family.  True, some other families may not have been that keen for the truth to be known so it fades out of the limelight.

How do you know what effort was put in by other families.

What about the Needhams ?

They received B.A. until fairly recently, when public pressure resulted in resources being allocated.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »
All missing children should be investigated.

Haven't you worked that out for yourself already. I have made myself quite clear on that.

What remains unclear though, is why some people believe that disproportionate amounts of money should be given to one case above all others.

I appreciate that you want all the cases of missing children to be investigated thoroughly as do I.
However as the amount of money spenton this investigation gives you cause for concern I well repeat my question to you.

Should the investigation by NSY never have been investigated and therefore no money spent.
Should the investigation ceased when half of the money had been spent.
Should it have been halted this year before the extra money was added.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:02:26 AM by Erngath »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:18 AM »
Funded by the tax payer, yes,  but authorized initially by Cameron.
It will be based on some political dispute between Portugal and England that is at the heart of it.  The countries are trading partners etc and in the end the few dollars spent on searching for Madeleine are in effect a way of bringing Portugal up to standard. 
Well you can hear that line of thought coming from Goncalo all the time, in fact it sounds like he is paranoid but it may be true.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:44 AM »
I appreciate that you want all the cases of missing children to be investigated thoroughly as do I.
However as the amount of money spenton this investigation gives you cause for concern I well repeat my question to you.

Should the investigation by NSY never have been investigated and therefore no money spent.
It will happen sure enough.
Moderation

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 09:06:23 AM »
However as the amount of money spenton thisinvestigation gives you causefor concernI well repeat my question to you.

Should the investigation by NSY never have been instigatedand therefore no money spent.

The case should be investigated as should others, and it has.

I have no objection to that.

Perhaps we should ask John on what criterion are used in determining the length of an investigation.

I have no problem with a case being shelved, pending further information, which could then be re-opened.However, as we know, police forces have ever diminishing resources, and what is clear at the moment, is that the case hasn't achieved it's objectives.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:25:43 AM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
How do you know what effort was put in by other families.

What about the Needhams ?

They received B.A. until fairly recently, when public pressure resulted in resources being allocated.
That was in Cyprus basically a war zone, how much could the British do without upsetting the Turks?
Moderation

Offline Erngath

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:45 AM »
The case should be investigated as should others, and it has.

I have no objection to that.

Perhaps we should ask John on what criterion are used in determining the length of an investigation.

I have no problem with a case being shelved, pending further information, which could then be re-opened.However, as we know, police forces have ever diminishing resources, and what is clear at the moment, is that the case hasn't achieved it's objectives.

So really you don't mind the amount spent but you want the same amount spent on other missing children.
The two cases you highlighted were of children who have been missing over forty years. I would hope these cases were reviewed from time to time. Do the police have to declare the amount spent on each missing person? I imagine the search and investigation for the missing RAF man must now be proving to be very costly.
We cannot know how much progress has been made in Madeleine's case until it is completed unless you are privy to all of the facts.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:26:30 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
That was in Cyprus basically a war zone, how much could the British do without upsetting the Turks?

He disappeared on the Island of Kos.

Kos is not Cyprus Rob.

stephen25000

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »
So really you don't mind the amount spent but you want the same amount spent on other missing children.
The two cases you highlighted were of children who have been missing over forty years. I would hope these cases were reviewed from time to time. do the police have to declare the amount spent on each missing person? I imagine the search and investigation for the missing RAF man must now be proving to be very costly.
We cannot know how much progress has been made in Madeleine's case until it is completed unless you are privy to all of the facts.

I didn't say that, did I.

By the way, if you had looked on the website I linked to, there are many more cases of missing children.

I suggest you have a look.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
I didn't say that, did I.

By the way, if you had looked on the website I linked to, there are many more cases of missing children.

I suggest you have a look.

TBH I really don't know what you are saying.
Obviously I did look at the website, otherwise I would not have read about the two cases I mentioned.