Author Topic: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.  (Read 5216 times)

Offline VIXTE

Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4307446/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-search-resort-worker.html?ito=social-facebook

Police are searching for a resort worker who they claim 'kept secrets' from them during the initial investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance. 
An insider has revealed officers are searching for a Portuguese man who was nearby when the three-year-old went missing while on holiday in the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.
A Portuguese police source told the Daily Mirror: ‘This Portuguese man used to work at the club resort, he speaks a bit of English.

CMTV video

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:02:23 PM by John »

Online ShiningInLuz

Re: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
This is the Mirror report the others seem to be feeding off.  It has one additional piece of information that does not appear to have been picked up by subsidiary stories.  This alleged fact can be checked, and I'm about half way through that check now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-hunt-worker-10013618
In mods I trust!

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:34 PM »
Due to the wording of the Mirror report, I am unclear as to whether it means the said person worked in the OC or merely in the resort of Luz.  I am getting a bit distracted by other things so I have still to sift through the candidates.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:33:53 PM by John »
In mods I trust!

Alfie

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
Of course, there are those on this forum who don't believe a word of this report, who believe that it is highly unlikely that a) the PJ would give a comment to UK Press and b) that it is highly unlikely that the Met are actively pursuing this lead and c) that this story probably got fed to the media by the McCanns or their associates.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
Due to the wording of the Mirror report, I am unclear as to whether it means the said person worked in the OC or merely in the resort of Luz.  I am getting a bit distracted by other things so I have still to sift through the candidates.

My reading of it, if true, is that he was an Ocean Club worker and was there on the night that Madeleine disappeared. It is quite unbelievable that Portuguese police are still allegedly leaking this sort of information after previously stating that all enquiries would be kept confidential. They really need to review their procedures otherwise there is a serious risk that yet another inocente could end up a scapegoat for their ineptitude.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:27:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

• One man's style must not be the rule of another's.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Dunno where the tales come from nor do I care but for three years now we have been hearing how The Met are hot on the tails of [ fill in to suit moment in time]
Someone should give The Met a salt pot , it might help catch 'em who ever they are.
Is the guy they were hot on the tail of three years ago the same one they are hot on the tail of now or was the three years ago story inaccurate... &%+((£
I tell you it's Burt Reynolds

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
Dunno where the tales come from nor do I care but for three years now we have been hearing how The Met are hot on the tails of [ fill in to suit moment in time]
Someone should give The Met a salt pot , it might help catch 'em who ever they are.
Is the guy they were hot on the tail of three years ago the same one they are hot on the tail of now or was the three years ago story inaccurate... &%+((£

There can't be that many male resort workers who 'were nearby' and who gave a statement.  Must be one of the tapas waiters.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:25:49 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
There can't be that many male resort workers who 'were nearby' and who gave a statement.  Must be one of the tapas waiters.

Or the Millenium staff, maintenance workers and people on a night off but in the village that night. None of them
"gave a ­witness statement two days after the girl vanished," however, so someone's got that wrong.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline jassi

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

I don't believe they are hot on the trail of anyone.
 If there's one thing that has shone through in this investigation, it it the sheer lack of urgency.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -  10 years and still no solution.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 01:44:06 PM »
I don't believe they are hot on the trail of anyone.
 If there's one thing that has shone through in this investigation, it it the sheer lack of urgency.

And the total absence of any results.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »
My reading of it is that he is was an Ocean Club worker and was there on the night that Madeleine disappeared. It is quite unbelievable that Portuguese police are still allegedly leaking this sort of information after previously stating that all enquiries would be kept confidential. They really need to review their procedures otherwise there is a serious risk that yet another inocente could end up a scapegoat for their ineptitude.

What proof do you have that this has originated from the Portuguese John ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:09:05 PM by Faithlilly »
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »
Of course, there are those on this forum who don't believe a word of this report, who believe that it is highly unlikely that a) the PJ would give a comment to UK Press and b) that it is highly unlikely that the Met are actively pursuing this lead and c) that this story probably got fed to the media by the McCanns or their associates.

Yep that about sums me up.
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
What proof do you have that this has originated from the Portuguese John ?

No proof as such only what is claimed in the Daily Mail article...

A Portuguese police source told the Daily Mirror: ‘This Portuguese man used to work at the club resort, he speaks a bit of English.

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
No proof as such only what is claimed in the article.

So no proof at all. Begs the question then why are you posting the information as fact?
Moral Guilt
Robert Anderson

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
So no proof at all. Begs the question then why are you posting the information as fact?

I never stated it was fact so have amended my initial post #4 accordingly.

According to Portuguese daily Correio da Manhã however, "Investigators at the British Metropolitan Police say the suspect has not worked for several years at the Ocean Club, but he is still in Portugal."

http://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/ingleses-com-novo-suspeito-no-desaparecimento-de-maddie
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:39:02 PM by John »