Author Topic: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.  (Read 22194 times)

Alfie

Re: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »
I don't believe they are hot on the trail of anyone.
 If there's one thing that has shone through in this investigation, it it the sheer lack of urgency.
Despite Alice's accusation I don't believe the Met have EVER claimed to be "hot on the trail" of any individual or individuals. 

Offline jassi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
Scotland Yard have claimed nothing about the reason for the extension granted by the Home Office for Madeleine's case to be investigated.

Who is the employee who is being accused on Portuguese TV of burglarising German tourists' apartment around lunchtime on 3rd May?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 03:59:23 PM »
More here about this man.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/cmtv-debate-on-operation-granges-new.html
So it would seem that the news story is accurate and that the PJ are indeed leaking like sieves again, just as I said.  Such bile from Carlos Anjos though, what a lovely man!

Alfie

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
Scotland Yard have claimed nothing about the reason for the extension granted by the Home Office for Madeleine's case to be investigated.

Who is the employee who is being accused on Portuguese TV of burglarising German tourists' apartment around lunchtime on 3rd May?
Dunno but Carlos An[Name removed]os seems to know where he is, so the Met should have a word with him.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 04:12:39 PM »
So it would seem that the news story is accurate and that the PJ are indeed leaking like sieves again, just as I said.  Such bile from Carlos Anjos though, what a lovely man!

I'm intrigued by the burglar, Alfie.

I would say that the practice of leaking suddenly being resumed is indicative that Scotland Yard is getting someone, somewhere rather hotter under the collar than they are comfortable with.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
I'm intrigued by the burglar, Alfie.

I would say that the practice of leaking suddenly being resumed is indicative that Scotland Yard is getting someone, somewhere rather hotter under the collar than they are comfortable with.
The pair of commentators sound so chippy, so defensive as if they themselves had been personally affronted by the Met and the McCanns - and not to mention paranoid.  Can you imagine a British ex-policeman talking on TV in such a bitter, bitchy manner about the parents of a missing child?  No class, these Portugeezers.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
I never stated it was fact so have amended my initial post #4 accordingly.

According to Portuguese daily Correio da Manhã however, "Investigators at the British Metropolitan Police say the suspect has not worked for several years at the Ocean Club, but he is still in Portugal."

http://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/ingleses-com-novo-suspeito-no-desaparecimento-de-maddie

So SY leaking?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
2@ Alfie
If you read my post properly you will find I didn't attribute the tales to The Met.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
More here about this man.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/cmtv-debate-on-operation-granges-new.html

Thanks jassi.

So it is revealed slowly but surely, there was a burglary at noon, probably by a member of staff.

Carlos Anjos...  "They cannot justify, that just because the man committed a crime of burglary at noon and since they don't have anyone else the guy of the noon robbery will do, this is wanting to place the suspect at the crime scene, this is wanting to forcefully place the blame. I just don't understand this investigation."

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:49:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
Wasn't that article typically Portuguese?

"Rui Pereira - Well, this is completely out of step with reality. If I believed in conspirational theories I would say that this is the reaction of the English authorities to Gonçalo Amaral's aquittal. It's a curious way to approach this situation but nothing else really explains that a new lead was followed now, when is in fact an old lead, where the indicia are incompatible with the practice of a crime committed against the child. In reality there is an assumption that is vexatious for us, that is a sort of insinuation, or presumptuousness, that our police authorities are incompetent, that our criminal police bodies don't know how to investigate this case and so on. Well, that is not in question, what is in question in this case, and we always have to return to the beginning, is: parents that were not sufficiently diligent with securing their children, toddlers practically, parents that left them to their own fate, who could have been eventually persecuted for the crime of exposure and abandonment (neglect) and weren't. Then, in question is an investigation that was extremely difficult due to lack of leads, lack of concrete evidence."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:21:12 AM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Alfie

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »
Thanks jassi.

So it is revealed slowly but surely, there was a burglary at noon, probably by a member of staff.

Carlos Anjos...  "They cannot justify, that just because the man committed a crime of burglary at noon and since they don't have anyone else the guy of the noon robbery will do, this is wanting to place the suspect at the crime scene, this is wanting to forcefully place the blame. I just don't understand this investigation."

I thought the original article made it clear that the Met did not think he had taken Madeleine only that he might have information about who had.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
So SY leaking?

Carlos Anjos?  He works for Scotland Yard, does he?

Although on reflection he probably does.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »

Carlos Anjos is going to come seriously unstuck in a minute.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
The problem is that some people here in Portugal believe that what comes out in the British press is true! Then they waste their time discussing these fabrications, which I believe come from Clarence Mitchell in order to divert the public's opinion from the SC's decision.

IMO if SY wanted a whitewash, they would have finished long ago and certainly before spending £ 11 million.