Author Topic: The McCann's threaten accusers with lawsuits.  (Read 1177 times)

Online John

The McCann's threaten accusers with lawsuits.
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:32:09 PM »

Kate and Gerry are very apprehensive about the arrival of the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance.

11 March 2017

Kate and Gerry McCann threaten to prosecute all Internet users who insult them, implying that the couple, whose daughter Maddie disappeared in 2007 in Praia da Luz, Algarve, were negligent.

The British press reveals that Kate and Gerry are very apprehensive about the arrival of the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance on 3 May. Therefore, the couple fears the effect of insinuations on their conduct, and promise to resolve defamations in court.

http://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/casal-mccann-ameaca-com-processos

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:10:53 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Faithlilly

Re: The McCann's threaten accusers with lawsuits.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »

Kate and Gerry are very apprehensive about the arrival of the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance.

11 March 2017

Kate and Gerry McCann threaten to prosecute all Internet users who insult them, implying that the couple, whose daughter Maddie disappeared in 2007 in Praia da Luz, Algarve, were negligent.

The British press reveals that Kate and Gerry are very apprehensive about the arrival of the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance on 3 May. Therefore, the couple fears the effect of insinuations on their conduct, and promise to resolve defamations in court.

http://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/casal-mccann-ameaca-com-processos

Good luck with that then. What is it they say......there's no use suing a man of straw !
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent themurderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
So if someone outside UK jurisdiction  bad-mouths them, what they gonna do about it ?
To all you Amaral campers out there, Hi De Hi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -  Almost 10 years and still no solution.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »
You might wish to read the short CdM article again to check re supporting evidence.

Kate and Gerry are apprehensive ... no supporting evidence.

Kate and Gerry threaten to sue according to 'the British press'.  This is not attributed to a particular source.  I keep records of most of the news stories now, because I anticipate a deluge as the 10th anniversary arrives.  I haven't seen anything in the British press about a threat to sue.

The short article in CdM is not attributed to any author, though that appears to be normal practice with short on-line CdM reports.

I'm moving to Portelas!

Online davel

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »
So if someone outside UK jurisdiction  bad-mouths them, what they gonna do about it ?

sue the other 99.9%
as experienced investigators...based on the evidence...we believe Madeleine McCann was removed from the apartment by a stranger....DCI Redwood...Scotland Yard

Neither the McCanns nor their friend are persons of interest or suspects

If civil questions are being asked can we have the courtesy to provide civil answers.

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
Actually, the Mccann's ability to take people to court will be rather limited.
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 05:44:04 PM »
They'll get their internet accounts closed, just like on here anyone who is an ant will be banned by the management.  %&)**#
That might explain why I got some weird messages from Facebook yesterday reminding me of my responsibilities. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:46:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
They'll get their internet accounts closed, just like on here anyone who is an ant will be banned by the management.  %&)**#
That might explain why I got some weird messages from Facebook yesterday reminding me of my responsibilities.

Have you forgotten freedom of expression Rob ?

The Mccann's are not above criticism. Not by a long way.
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:45 PM »
Have you forgotten freedom of expression Rob ?

The Mccann's are not above criticism. Not by a long way.
You want to do that set up your own blog.  If the McCanns started legal action against the forum the name McCann would also become a row of dots.

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »
You want to do that set up your own blog.  If the McCanns started legal action against the forum the name McCann would also become a row of dots.

Why would they do that ?

They have enough problems in the pipeline.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:10:18 PM by Eleanor »

Offline The Singularity

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
From past experience and just by looking around on the internet, I don't think this forum or the commentators are in any particular trouble. There are however far worse forums on the internet that would be in the sights of their lawyers. There's a huge difference between those forums and this one, have to put that down to this one being well administered.

Online Alfie

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
If I were them I'd invite their detractors over for coffee and a chat (with an armed bodyguard present for my own protection of course). 
Only asking questions....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
Actually, the Mccann's ability to take people to court will be rather limited.
Take the hosting websites to court instead.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 06:36:37 PM »
If I were them I'd invite their detractors over for coffee and a chat (with an armed bodyguard present for my own protection of course).
In preparation of those visits they could have timelines written up and excuses prepared for the accidental shootings.

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »
Take the hosting websites to court instead.

They have enough problems as it is.

More libel action would only result in more questioning of the McCann's priorities.

After all, whose actions resulted in this case.