And the most frequently cited reasons for guilt appear to be:
1. Don't believe NB phoned JB
2. SC's found state inconsistent with perception of how SC would appear had she been the perp
3. JM's testimony
1. Well why not phone Jeremy? He is the immediate family member nearby, with a full command of the evening's build up, and so far nothing has happened except Sheila has a gun in hand. She has never shot anyone, no one in the family or whole community has. There is no real reason to expect her to use it, let us be realistic without the benefit of hind sight.
2. SC's found state is just fine if she only shot people with a long gun, and we do not know what she did to clean her hands after the killings. It also seems she was downstairs because her period started, her underwear is in the bucket after June went to bed, and she is found with san prod in place. The underwear will only be bloody before the tampon remember. So we can deduce she went downstairs after going to bed, and probably just before 3 am, waking Nevill.
3. Trial judge said JM testimony was not to be relied on, check. Holly?