Author Topic: Judge Rinder and the Victor Nealon Case  (Read 209 times)

Offline jixy

Judge Rinder and the Victor Nealon Case
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »
Looking forward to watching this tonight...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/tv-guide-tv-tonight/

Tonight’s opener certainly has plenty of shock value, telling the sad story of Redditch postman Victor Nealon, who spent 17 years in prison for a crime he did not commit. Rinder, posing in barrister’s gown and bands (he spares us the wig), has little involvement beyond topping and tailing the film with an introduction and summation, and what makes it worth watching are the interviews with Nealon himself. But while the film is good on his uphill struggle for justice, it does little to explore the bizarre circumstances of his conviction, or to hold the West Mercia police officers responsible for it to account
smoke and mirrors

Offline Nine

Re: Judge Rinder and the Victor Nealon Case
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »
I shall watch that Jixy ?{)(**

Offline jixy

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:01:24 AM »
He was let down at every turn. How did it roll on for 17 years. Poor man
smoke and mirrors

Offline Nine

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »

I know... It's really scary, what a waste of someone life!!!

I thought about people who come out of prison after years of incarceration and how they would manage in the modern world, it must be really alienating for them, can you imaging.. the internet .. mobile phones, banking, everything will have changed dramatically for them...  I don't know what they are taught inside, but even so the difficulties they must face trying to adjust must be hard.

Offline jixy

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
after all the turmoil, such a gentle softly spoken man but very strong! I hope he gets the life he dreams of
smoke and mirrors