Author Topic: Australian Ch7 documentary claims new lead in search for missing Madeleine McCann.  (Read 37010 times)

Alfie

That is just not true. Provided the rules are observed information can be challenged without the poster being penalised. Break the rules and consequences follow, just as they do here.
On the forum you are referring to, if it becomes clear you are not a McCann doubter you are set upon by a number of extremely hostile and belligerent posters who make it virtually impossible for you to reply within their so-called rules, leading to a ban within a day or two.  Look at the treatment of whatsisname Colin Sutton...?  The hostility towards him is quite palpable.  Tony Bennett referred to him as a prostitute yesterday.  How can anyone have any sort of an adult debate with that sort of attitude to deal with?

Offline Mr Gray

On the forum you are referring to, if it becomes clear you are not a McCann doubter you are set upon by a number of extremely hostile and belligerent posters who make it virtually impossible for you to reply within their so-called rules, leading to a ban within a day or two.  Look at the treatment of whatsisname Colin Sutton...?  The hostility towards him is quite palpable.  Tony Bennett referred to him as a prostitute yesterday.  How can anyone have any sort of an adult debate with that sort of attitude to deal with?

very good Alf... I saw that one.......so donne is promoting a forum where one of its leaders calls colin Sutton a prostitute. Interestingly they really do silence poeple who simply have a diferrent opinion
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:36:01 PM by davel »

ferryman

The McCann's themselves are far from impressed with the programme,speaking in the paper version of the Star and I quote
"A spokesman for the McCanns last night dismissed the entire Aussie documentary.
He said:there was nothing new at all in the Seven Network piece.
He added that there " will be no comment from Kate and Gerry whatsoever.
"The interview with them that was carried in the programme was also some six years old so it was in a highly misleading way", end of quote.

Where does that quote come from?

Offline G-Unit

Some people can take it and keep within the rules and some can't. I have seen people leave this forum after being set upon, so there's no moral high ground here. I have looked at what Bennett said to the person claiming to be Colin Sutton and it included a question mark, so more a question than an accusation if we are being completely truthful. Perhaps because of this line from his CV;

Consultant investigation lead for BSkyB

http://www.colinsutton.com/cv.pdf
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Some people can take it and keep within the rules and some can't. I have seen people leave this forum after being set upon, so there's no moral high ground here. I have looked at what Bennett said to the person claiming to be Colin Sutton and it included a question mark, so more a question than an accusation if we are being completely truthful. Perhaps because of this line from his CV;

There is not one supporter posting on that site
They have all been banned
You are showing your bias again by refusing to admit the truth when all the evidence supports it

Alfie

LOL, so if I ask you if you're a prostitute because of some connection between yourself and an agency that is seemingly not supportive of the McCanns then you wouldn't find that offensive in any way?  No of course not.   

Offline ShiningInLuz

There is not one supporter posting on that site
They have all been banned
You are showing your bias again by refusing to admit the truth when all the evidence supports it
Did I get banned from there because I was considered a supporter?
What's up, old man?

Alfie

Did I get banned from there because I was considered a supporter?
Why don't you tell us why you were banned?

Offline ShiningInLuz

Why don't you tell us why you were banned?
Because I was not told why.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

They don't seem to like debate.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

You run a balanced blog and at the time you were a mod here which I saw came up for criticism in another place.  I think you were seen as being a supporter.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

From Ranhni Sadler's facebook page " Please copy and paste the following statement on every McCann discussion site and media site you can think of. I would appreciate it. My attorney will be contacting Rahni Sadler and Seven Media West within the next 24 hours.

Pat Brown’s legal counsel, Attorney Brian Close, has identified multiple claims against Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media – including intentional misrepresentation, false light, and defamation - based on the portrayals that took place in the Sunday Night promotional video and in the piece itself. He states: “The misleading edits portray Pat Brown in a false light by contorting her statements and changing their substance, and the broadcasts and publications have done and continue to do damage to Ms. Brown’s professional reputation wherever they are viewed around the world."

I thought Pat Brown was fairly represented and she brought up some really good points. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Pat Brown brought up what she has seen in other cases.
That parents have at times covered up a crime.
That Kate and Gerry's friends helped conceal a crime
and that friends in this situation may never break.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

Pat Brown brought up what she has seen in other cases.
That parents have at times covered up a crime.
That Kate and Gerry's friends helped conceal a crime
and that friends in this situation may never break.

Pat Brown had a lovely time digging around in Ancient Portuguese Burial Sites, although I've never been certain of what she was looking for.
She doesn't seem to have found it, whatever it was.  But she might have picked up a curse or two.

Offline ShiningInLuz

You run a balanced blog and at the time you were a mod here which I saw came up for criticism in another place.  I think you were seen as being a supporter.
Infamy.  Infamy.  They've got it infamy.

Castigated as a supporter over there.  Castigated as a sceptic over here.

Infamy.  Infamy.  They've got it infamy.

*&*%£
What's up, old man?