Author Topic: Met Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley gives update on the search for Madeleine McCann.  (Read 26405 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Read full text here courtesy of Heriberto.

Madeleine McCann: Met Police rules out its four official suspects

By Martin Brunt, Crime Correspondent

The only four official suspects investigated by the Met Police over the abduction of Madeleine McCann have been ruled out of the inquiry.

But Scotland Yard insists it is still investigating one significant lead.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley told Sky News: "We have one significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer."

The suspects were believed by Scotland Yard to have taken her during a burglary gone wrong at the McCanns' rented holiday apartment in Portugal.

They were identified by their mobile phone use, their location near the apartment on the night and their backgrounds.

One is Jose Carlos da Silva, 35, a former driver at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz, where Madeleine vanished on 3 May, 2007.

He and the others were questioned and investigated for six months before being told they would face no further action.

Mr Rowley said: "Somebody's doing a burglary, panicked maybe by a waking child and that's what's leads to Madeleine going missing."

Asked if that was an unlikely scenario and if any surprised burglar would simply run away, Mr Rowley said: "In my experience, if you try to apply the cold, rational logic of a normal person sitting in their front room to what criminals do under pressure, you tend to make mistakes.

"It was a sensible hypothesis and it's not entirely ruled out."

Madeleine disappeared as she slept in a room with her younger twin siblings while their parents Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors, dined with friends nearby.

Scotland Yard began investigating six years ago after the failure of the first Portuguese police investigation. The team of detectives, cut in 2015 from 29 to four, has spent more than £11m of UK Government funds.

Mr Rowley said new information was still being received daily.

The Metropolitan Police was recently given an extra £85,000 by the Home Office to keep the investigation going until September.

Portugal's deputy national director of the Policia Judiciaria, Pedro do Carmo, told Sky News that he was under no financial or political pressure to wind up his re-opened investigation.

He said: "If the Metropolitan Police decides to close its investigation that doesn't mean we are going to close ours.

"Our two investigations are not dependent on one another."

http://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccann-met-police-rules-out-its-four-official-suspects-10850920

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:22:21 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

Maddie breakthrough: Police chief says officers are chasing 'significant' line of inquiry as he confirms McCanns were NOT behind her disappearance and missing tot could still be alive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444528/Significant-line-inquiry-Madeleine-McCann-case.html#ixzz4fILLELhu

it is an absolute bombshell ...the parents are NOT under investigation...its official
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:27:14 PM by John »

Offline jassi

That's the Daily Mail saying that, not Rowley.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

do you think I would get something so wrong...Rowley says it live.....

stephen25000

Indeed Jassi.

What was self-evident from Rowley, is that he doesn't have a clue.

Just verbal raffle and nothing of consequence, just as I and others predicted.

Offline Mr Gray

Indeed Jassi.

What was self-evident from Rowley, is that he doesn't have a clue.

Just verbal raffle and nothing of consequence, just as I and others predicted.

you are just so WRONG   Rowley says it live

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:38:47 PM by davel »

Offline pathfinder73

Maddie breakthrough: Police chief says officers are chasing 'significant' line of inquiry as he confirms McCanns were NOT behind her disappearance and missing tot could still be alive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444528/Significant-line-inquiry-Madeleine-McCann-case.html#ixzz4fILLELhu

it is an absolute bombshell ...the parents are NOT under investigation...its official

If they were you must be living in fantasy luzland to even consider he would inform everyone *&*%£  AP was confirmed to be no longer a suspect then he was arrested. Go figure LOL.

Rowley won't reveal what is the one significant line of inquiry.

"Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we've gone through it I won't know whether we are going to get there or not."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39706194
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:27:51 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

stephen25000

Rowley stated...

"We have achieved a complete understanding of it all"

Then says he doesn't know if she is alive or dead.

There is complete understanding of Rowley,  he is totally and utterly clueless as to what happened in Portugal.

stephen25000

If they were you must be living in fantasy luzland to even consider he would inform everyone *&*%£  AP was confirmed to be no longer a suspect then he was arrested. Go figure LOL.

Undeniably Pathfinder,  some people like their fantasies.

Offline Mr Gray

Rowley has actually contradicted the SC....

Offline Mr Gray

Rowley stated...

"We have achieved a complete understanding of it all"

Then says he doesn't know if she is alive or dead.

There is complete understanding of Rowley,  he is totally and utterly clueless as to what happened in Portugal.

so would you like to tell us what rowley told us live on tv re the parents...or dont you know

Alfie

Nothing Operation Grange say tomorrow is going to convince some sceptics that the McCanns are not suspects.
I rest my case.

Offline Mr Gray

stephen25000

He said the parents involvement was dealt with by the Portuguese in the original investigation.

It seems that some people have forgotten what happened in the Supreme Court, and was part of that judgement in this regard.

Mmm.

Offline Eleanor