Author Topic: Lee Rainbow, the foremost Criminal Profiler in Britain  (Read 38933 times)

icabodcrane

Lee Rainbow, the foremost Criminal Profiler in Britain
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:18 AM »
...  was asked by the police to prepare a report on the McCann case

The report was produced in court  (  McCann v's Amaral  re book banning )

Lee  Rainbow stated in his report that he felt discrepancies in Gerry McCann's statement were of sufficient concern that a possible homicide involving the parents  should be investigated with the same vigour that had previously been given to the abduction theory

He added that the McCann's behaviour was compatible with that of  a couple covering up a tragedy

What does the forum make of his expert opinion  ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:11:12 PM by John »

debunker

Re: Lee Rainbow, the foremost Criminal Profiler in Britain
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:12:25 AM »

Lee  Rainbow stated in his report that he felt discrepancies in Gerry McCann's statement were of sufficient concern that a possible homicide involving the parents  should be investigated with the same vigour that had previously been given to the abduction theory

He added that the McCann's behaviour was compatible with that of  a couple covering up a tragedy

THis:

In the summary of the 30-page report Mr Rainbow wrote: “The potential involvement of the family in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be discarded, and it can be considered that, when pondering the basis for research, this hypothesis deserves as much attention as the criminal with sexual motivations that has been previously prioritised.

“It should be stressed that there is no evidence to directly support an involvement of the family, yet given the absence of decisive evidence to prove the contrary, such a scenario has to be explored.” At court last week, Mr Amaral’s lawyer, Antonio Cabrita, read out a section of 37-year-old Mr Rainbow’s report which said: “The family is a lead that should be followed.”
http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t2450-what-lee-rainbow-actually-said

icabodcrane

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »

THis:

In the summary of the 30-page report Mr Rainbow wrote: “The potential involvement of the family in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be discarded, and it can be considered that, when pondering the basis for research, this hypothesis deserves as much attention as the criminal with sexual motivations that has been previously prioritised.

“It should be stressed that there is no evidence to directly support an involvement of the family, yet given the absence of decisive evidence to prove the contrary, such a scenario has to be explored.” At court last week, Mr Amaral’s lawyer, Antonio Cabrita, read out a section of 37-year-old Mr Rainbow’s report which said: “The family is a lead that should be followed.”
http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t2450-what-lee-rainbow-actually-said

Thanks for the exact transcript

It appears that up until the British police got involved  (  and Lee Rainbow in particular )   the 'abductor theory had been  'prioritised' 

stephen25000

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 07:06:29 AM »
Yes, it was the UK police who suggested to the PJ to investigate parental involvement.

debunker

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »
Yes, it was the UK police who suggested to the PJ to investigate parental involvement.

AGreed factually, but look at the emotional load given to the 'news'.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 02:17:02 PM »

Isn't it normal practice for the police to clear the ground under their feet?

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
"Criminal profiling" has NOT a scientific basis.

It is a false science. So it can not be used to make statements which support one or another theory.

Heri.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:21:38 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
@ debunker

So a cut and paste job by the Daily Express, replicated on a rabidly pro McCann forum, passes muster as evidence of the content of a 30 page document, does it ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 02:37:12 PM »
@ debunker

So a cut and paste job by the Daily Express, replicated on a rabidly pro McCann forum, passes muster as evidence of the content of a 30 page document, does it ?

Hello Faithlilly.

I asked a question further up.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
@ debunker

Hello Faithlilly.

I asked a question further up.

It is indeed but the point being made is Lee Rainbow, a man at the top of his profession in the UK, cited discrepancies in Gerry McCann's statement as grounds to make him a suspect. Those discrepancies have not simply vanished.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

icabodcrane

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
I was shocked at his conclusion that :

"The McCann's behaviour is consistant with that of a couple united in covering up a tragedy"

This is the top profiler in the land,  remember,  working for the police

registrar

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »

"The McCann's behaviour is consistant with that of a couple united in covering up a tragedy"

Ah the current 'top profiler in the land' - remind me, what happened to the previous 'top profiler in the land'?

Yep, one Paul Britton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1311800/Real-life-police-Crackers-solve-cases-par-fortune-tellers.html   

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »

Ah the current 'top profiler in the land' - remind me, what happened to the previous 'top profiler in the land'?

Yep, one Paul Britton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1311800/Real-life-police-Crackers-solve-cases-par-fortune-tellers.html

Totally agree, registrar. Heri.

icabodcrane

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »

Yep, one Paul Britton

Yet another professional who must be discredited in the McCann case then  ?   ...  how many does that make now  ?

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

Yep, one Paul Britton

Yet another professional who must be discredited in the McCann case then  ?   ...  how many does that make now  ?

It is not the professional but the technique of "criminal profiling", a pseudoscience which never solved a single case explaining the mecanisms implied ... ie, if it resolves something, it is by chance as the fortune tellers ... Heri