Author Topic: Kate McCann exposes security breach at MW  (Read 11246 times)

Offline Mo Stache

Re: Kate McCann exposes security breach at MW
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
"In her book Madeleine, she recalled: "This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too.

"To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence, the receptionist had added that we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently."

Notice the word 'probably'.

Quote from: Faithlilly on Today at 01:35:10 PM

@ gilet

From Madeleine :

'It wasn’t until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese police files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.'

So in Kate's rather strange, responsibility free mind, it was not her and her feckless husband who put their children in danger but, and please note her absolutely hypocritical horror, the poor receptionist who made them vulnerable by the leaving of a note in the staff message book.
Priceless !!

You didn't say that Kate probably accused the receptionist. You said that she hypocritically DID accuse the receptionist. 

Offline gilet

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
As I pointed out earlier.

There is nothing hypocritical about pointing out a security risk.

Kate McCann has already admitted her own mistakes. She is here simply pointing out a different mistake which could have impacted on her child.

Faithlilly does not seem to understand that hypocrisy is something entirely different.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »
The book did not sit in the restaurant all day.

'It wasn’t until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese police files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.'

Kate McCann in her book (and remember that Redblossom thinks quoting Kate's book is perfectly OK if Icabodcrane does it) actually sat in the POOL reception which is the tiny building near the road.

It was in fact according to Kate sitting where even people who were not OC guests were able to see it.

If a person went to the desk and asked could none OC guests come in, Kate is telling us that the book would be on that desk.

It was an appalling security risk that the member of staff had written such a comment in a book that was visible to the general public as well as OC guests and staff.

You really are doing us all a massive favour Faithlilly, posting these quotes which expose the incompetence of people in Portugal. Thank you.

Sorry but could you post a direct quote or link to where Kate says the categorically that the book was able to be seen by members of the general public ?

Books like the one described are usually in diary format and once the day has passed the page is turned and any information on it would be rendered inaccessible to anyone without direct access to it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline gilet

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »

Kate McCann in her book (and remember that Redblossom thinks quoting Kate's book is perfectly OK if Icabodcrane does it) actually sat in the POOL reception which is the tiny building near the road.

It was in fact according to Kate sitting where even people who were not OC guests were able to see it.

If a person went to the desk and asked could none OC guests come in, Kate is telling us that the book would be on that desk.

It was an appalling security risk that the member of staff had written such a comment in a book that was visible to the general public as well as OC guests and staff.

You really are doing us all a massive favour Faithlilly, posting these quotes which expose the incompetence of people in Portugal. Thank you.

Sorry but could you post a direct quote or link to where Kate says the categorically that the book was able to be seen by members of the general public ?

Books like the one described are usually in diary format and once the day has passed the page is turned and any information on it would be rendered inaccessible to anyone without direct access to it.

The book was on a reception desk where the general public would be able to go.

Kate does not say the general public were able to go there but we know from other reporters etc that they have been to that desk and asked could they go in even though they were not OC guests.

Do you really think it is beyond the ken of people to turn a page to look up a previous reservation of their own or such? I don't?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »

Kate does not say the general public were able to go there but we know from other reporters etc that they have been to that desk and asked could they go in even though they were not OC guests.

Do you really think it is beyond the ken of people to turn a page to look up a previous reservation of their own or such? I don't?

Can you tell me where this book was placed within the reception ? Was there a back and front desk and was the reception manned when open ?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Admin

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 11:27:52 PM »
Thank you for reporting argumentative and off topic posts this evening, the offending nonsense has been dealt with.   Both admins have been away today due to circumstances beyond our control.

Back to normal service.   8)><(
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:29:26 PM by Admin »

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »

Can you tell me where this book was placed within the reception ? Was there a back and front desk and was the reception manned when open ?

When I was there Faith, there was onlly one desk.  It was the evening and not manned, but very very quiet.

As a member of the public, I was a bit worried about going in to have a meal, in case it wasn't allowed, so I didn't dally in the reception.  So I never noticed if there was a book.

The Tapas reception is not large, probably about the same size as an average kitchen or single bedroom.  The doors in and out, both to the garden area and also the road, are at the southern end of it.  The reception desk was set obliquely at the northern end, so that anyone coming in from the street would instantly be spotted by any receptionist that might be on duty.  Hope this helps.

Further up this thread I think there was talk about the steps to 5A coming down to the main road.

There was NOTHING MAIN about it!, it was unbelievably deserted of moving vehicles of any sort when we were there in June 2010

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 11:37:35 PM »
@ sadie

Thank you it does help. The book certainly doesn't seem to have been highly visible to members of the public as suggested.

As to the main road, it was me that mentioned it and although it is rarely busy it is still a main road.

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »

When I was there Faith, there was onlly one desk.  It was the evening and not manned, but very very quiet.

As a member of the public, I was a bit worried about going in to have a meal, in case it wasn't allowed, so I didn't dally in the reception.  So I never noticed if there was a book.

The Tapas reception is not large, probably about the same size as an average kitchen or single bedroom.  The doors in and out, both to the garden area and also the road, are at the southern end of it.  The reception desk was set obliquely at the northern end, so that anyone coming in from the street would instantly be spotted by any receptionist that might be on duty.  Hope this helps.

Further up this thread I think there was talk about the steps to 5A coming down to the main road.

There was NOTHING MAIN about it!, it was unbelievably deserted of moving vehicles of any sort when we were there in June 2010
Is this what it looks like?