Author Topic: Amaral's Thesis  (Read 5187 times)

Offline TTSOFAFM

Amaral's Thesis
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
Thanks to Faithlily for bringing up the topic of Kate's Dream for discussion.  As I don't want to derail that particular thread I thought I would bring up a tweet made by Jondipaolo of Sky News

4:12-- Paiva: amaral's thesis has prevented other theories from being investigated.

Now what did Paiva mean by that?  Did he mean that Amaral was unwilling to even consider that Madeleine was abducted?

Offline gilet

Re: Amaral's Thesis
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »
And one of the other statements there is a bit odd.

"mccaanns never pointed me to any evidence that maddie was still alive."

Paiva was the police officer. His job to find evidence. He knew that was his job and not the parents' job.

Exactly what kind of evidence did Paiva believe that the McCanns could offer him as to their abducted/disappeared child being alive?

As it stands it is quite odd that he should say that.

It would of course make sense if he was responding to a question such as "Did the McCann's suggest you look at some particular psychic's evidence that showed their child is alive?"

As for "Amaral's thesis has prevented other theories from being investigated", I can't think of any other possible interpretation other than he believed that Amaral had caused other theories to be ignored.

And that would be utterly disgraceful on the part of a senior detective who should have an open mind to what happened not a closed one.

Offline TTSOFAFM

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:42 PM »
It does rather tie in with what a local crime reporter wrote

http://truthcannotbesilenced.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/copper-without-shame.html

A local crime reporter, who knows the Portuguese police intimately, said that Amaral remains very well-respected among his former brethren, several of whom appeared in Lisbon to support him.

'He was a copper's copper. The only criticism or doubt I have heard about him is that he may not be an open-minded policeman.

'One policeman told me that when he thinks something has happened, he excludes all other lines of inquiry.
'And that can sometimes be a dangerous trait.'

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
OK - So let's put piece together Amaral's "scenario" from what we know that he has said about it. As I understand it, it goes something like this:

Part 1. One of the parents, Kate presumably, enters apartment, finds her daughter dead on the floor after a fall from a sofa(?), the reason why a perfectly healthy four year old would die from falling from sofa was that she was heavily sedated by the drug Calpol. Kate then immediately runs back to the Tapas restaurant, tells Gerry & all their friends & acquaintances that Madeleine is dead, but they all have to cover that up as they'd all go to jail for child neglect unless they do. The group (presumably a bunch of raving psychopaths) immediately agree & within seconds they put together an elaborate fake abduction scenario.

That's enough to start with. Please feel free to add or correct.

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
OK - So let's put piece together Amaral's "scenario" from what we know that he has said about it. As I understand it, it goes something like this:

Part 1. One of the parents, Kate presumably, enters apartment, finds her daughter dead on the floor after a fall from a sofa(?), the reason why a perfectly healthy four year old would die from falling from sofa was that she was heavily sedated by the drug Calpol. Kate then immediately runs back to the Tapas restaurant, tells Gerry & all their friends & acquaintances that Madeleine is dead, but they all have to cover that up as they'd all go to jail for child neglect unless they do. The group (presumably a bunch of raving psychopaths) immediately agree & within seconds they put together an elaborate fake abduction scenario.

That's enough to start with. Please feel free to add or correct.

The sheer absurdity of his thesis is clearly seen when stated baldly, as above .....
A

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
Mmm...you have skipped ahead a bit there, Martha, let's not forget that part of Amaral's thesis includes "burial on beach" (where I think the Smith's sighting comes in), so somewhere along the line, the Smith's saw Gerry on his way to the beach, where he proceeded to dig a big hole in the sand, presumably with his bare hands (afaik, none of the Smiths mentioned seeing "Man carrying child with large shovel")

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/gerry-buried-maddies-body-beach-daily-telegraph-spikes-story

Offline Lace

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
Thinking about Amaral's thesis,   does anyone else think it strange that only the clothes associated with Kate were alerted by Eddie?  apart from a tee shirt which I don't believe was Madeleine's.

Amaral believes that Kate found Madeleine,  so it would be Kates clothes that would have cadaver odour on them.

Yet the trousers which were alerted by Eddie,   Kate was wearing them days later!!   Now if I was a devious person and wanted to cover up my dastardly deed,  I would certainly have got rid of the clothes that I had been wearing whilst committing the crime.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
Of course you would, but it still doesn't make sense, Kate discovers Madeleine, but Gerry is the one that handles the body, apparently, he is seen by the Smiths, but no dog alerted to HIS belongings, surely nobody would think it was Kate disguised as Gerry that the Smith's spotted?

I think it has already been confirmed that the little T-shirt with the plane on it belonged to Madeleine's baby brother, as it was too small for her, or am I wrong?

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
Of course you would, but it still doesn't make sense, Kate discovers Madeleine, but Gerry is the one that handles the body, apparently, he is seen by the Smiths, but no dog alerted to HIS belongings, surely nobody would think it was Kate disguised as Gerry that the Smith's spotted?

I think it has already been confirmed that the little T-shirt with the plane on it belonged to Madeleine's baby brother, as it was too small for her, or am I wrong?

I don't want to derail the thread, so it might be worth starting a different thread, but what Eddie actually reacted to in terms of clothes is a mystery to me.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:36 AM »
Of course.  Stupid of me. 

So Gerry digs a hole in the sand somewhere on the beach and places the body in there temporarily, cunningly managing to hide the body  so well that dozens of police with dogs fail to notice it in the ensuing searches. It's while the body is in its temporary resting place that the McCanns and friends manage to source the fridge which is held at a secret location for their use in body storage.  At some point Gerry (possibly with the assistance of Kate and a blue bag) manage to dodge the press and police and jog off to retrieve the body to put in the freezer without anyone noticing.

The obvious problems with the freezer part of the theory is a)WHERE did it come from (nobody reported a stolen/missing freezer & nobody reported having sold a freezer to any of the people involved) & b) WHERE was it put after body was placed in it (you need to plug it in somewhere)?

Offline Lace

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
The obvious problems with the freezer part of the theory is a)WHERE did it come from (nobody reported a stolen/missing freezer & nobody reported having sold a freezer to any of the people involved) & b) WHERE was it put after body was placed in it (you need to plug it in somewhere)?

They must have put an advert in a shop window,  'FREEZER URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR STORAGE PURPOSES [but will have to use your place as our place is being searched]

registrar

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
Amaral thought Murat was guilty - I wonder if he still believes that?  Maybe Murat had a fridge that he lent them, because secretly he knew members of the Tapas 9 and was keen to help them, as you would naturally if an acquaintance came to you and asked you if you had a spare fridge for storing the body of a dead child.

Back to Exeter - again???

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/532112/The-Exeter-connection-Robert-Murat-Maddie.html

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
Amaral thought Murat was guilty - I wonder if he still believes that?  Maybe Murat had a fridge that he lent them, because secretly he knew members of the Tapas 9 and was keen to help them, as you would naturally if an acquaintance came to you and asked you if you had a spare fridge for storing the body of a dead child.

Yes, but as Murat's place was searched & searched again & NOTHING found, plus, nobody has ever found any evidence that Murat was in any way connected or knew the McCanns or any of the Tapas group beforehand. So that leaves that part of the theory....where exactly?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
Erm....perhaps there was someone else the Tapas 9 knew out there with an accommodating attitude and an even more accomodating deep freeze but Amaral just hasn't figured out who yet?

Yes, who knows with all these psychopaths & hardened criminals involved in the case?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »
We mustn't forget that Amaral has apparently held information back on this case in the form of an "ace" up his sleeve so perhaps all will be revealed at the forth-coming libel trial?

I hope not, for his sake, or he'd be facing some serious jail time for perverting the cause of justice.