Author Topic: Was Amaral somewhat of a hypocrite in condemming the McCanns?  (Read 5991 times)

Offline John

We know that Amaral likes his tipple and has often been described as drunk.  It has also been claimed by his wife that he drives often while intoxicated.  As he appeared to have a child under his care do members feel he is or was a responsible parent?  Was he not just a little bit hypocritical in blaming the McCanns for the very same thing for which he himself was guilty?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

Re: Was Amaral somewhat of a hypocrite in condemming the McCanns?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:19 AM »
We know that Amaral likes his tipple and has often been described as drunk.  It has also been claimed by his wife that he drives often while intoxicated.  As he appeared to have a child under his care do members feel he is or was a responsible parent?  Was he not just a little bit hypocritical in blaming the McCanns for the very same thing for which he himself was guilty?

I don't think the McCann's problem with Amaral is that he blames them for being irrseponsible parents   ...  he accuses them of much more than that

He thinks their child died as a consequence of their irresponsibility  ..  and that they covered it up by staging an abduction

There is  no comparison to be drawn here

Offline sadie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
The Mccanns were NOT "drinkers" in the way that Amaral was.

I feel that I can remember a post on this forum that had within it, words that implied that Amaral left his daughter on her own.  Not necessarily at home, but in the car as he went about his business or pleasures.

Can anyone pls confirm that?

From reports he had her in his charge whilst drunk.  Effectively she was vulnerable.  A drunk should never have charge of a child, cos they are not compos mentis

And, of course, it is well documented that he drove with her in the car at high speeds whilst he was drunk

Irresponsible.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
I don't think the McCann's problem with Amaral is that he blames them for being irrseponsible parents   ...  he accuses them of much more than that

He thinks their child died as a consequence of their irresponsibility  ..  and that they covered it up by staging an abduction

No comparison because Amaral didn't have an accident and kill his daughter while driving when drunk?

Well there's a small mercy to be thankful for.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
The Mccanns were NOT "drinkers" in the way that Amaral was.

I feel that I can remember a post on this forum that had within it, words that implied that Amaral left his daughter on her own.  Not necessarily at home, but in the car as he went about his business or pleasures.

Can anyone pls confirm that?

From reports he had her in his charge whilst drunk.  Effectively she was vulnerable.  A drunk should never have charge of a child, cos they are not compos mentis

And, of course, it is well documented that he drove with her in the car at high speeds whilst he was drunk

Irresponsible.

He left her at home, Sadie. Unless Sofia lied in her complaint, she didn't make, to the PJ, Christmas 2007. Its in the report , Amaral said she was resting, when Sofia asked where she was.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
And Rebelo ? Was he hypocritical for following the same thesis as Amaral ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
Rebelo didn't follow the same thesis as Amaral, it was on the basis of his report to the AG that the investigation was shelved & the McCanns & Robert Murat had their arguido status lifted:

Therefore, after all seen, analysed and duly pondered, with all that is left exposed, it is determined:

a) The archiving of the Process concerning arguido Robert James Queriol Eveleigh Murat, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code;

b) The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:14:15 PM »

Rebelo didn't follow the same thesis.  He said that making The McCanns Arguidos was hasty.  And then set about clearing up the mess that Amaral left behind.

ferryman

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »

I know Amaral doesn't make the claim in his book.

But to be clear, the McCanns were being investigated for murder.

Amaral lied in his El Mundo interview when he said no one talked about murder.

Why did Amaral lie?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
Not Rebelo - "The PJ's national director later described the decision last September as "hasty"."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id134.html

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
That's correct and he was sacked for saying so ...

ferryman

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »

The case was archived under Rebelo.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
The case was archived under Rebelo.
After the maximum of extensions possible and because Robert M. couldn't be under arguido status one more day..
It was also under Rebelo that the reconstruction was attempted and failed.
Using Rebelo to discredit a bit more Amaral perhaps ? Is it even clever ? It is so transparent that Amaral is being stuck to the scapegoat part. It brings him empathy that he might not deserve..

AnneGuedes

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 04:24:45 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with you, Icabodcrane. Does GA think Madeleine "died as a consequence of her parents' irresponsibility" since he's convinced she fell from the sofa ? According to GA's description it would be a domestic accident, unpredictable and unpreventable like unfortunately many that daily kill kids. Climbing on a sofa in itself doesn't imply a death risk.

Offline Luz

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »

Do you have any documents to support your allegations?!

Yeah, I thought so. You are just spitting venom...

To your information, it's not the PJ that "blames" people - their job is to investigate and if there is a need to interrogate them in a way where their answers may result incriminating, the law determinates that they are given the "arguido" status (which is not very profitable to the investigation since they gain rights that allow them to avoid compromising questions) - and if Amaral found them less than straight in their behavior, he certainly has had a good cause for it.

Until today the McCann still care only about themselves and none about their missing child.