Author Topic: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020  (Read 18879 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »
Thanks for providing conclusive proof of the ignorance of the average Leave voter.

There's nothing average about me is there, come on.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »
 You are special Spammers. and you are also a whole bunch of nasty names gifted to you be the looney,stalinist loving lefties.  who claim to be 'tolerant' but show intolerence in a passive aggressive manner.

We all laugh them off. hahaha!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »
Probably that's why Yorkshire wants independence too. It's quite clear to others that the UK Parliament is out of touch with the electorate, that's not just a Scottish thing. Boris Johnson spotted people's antipathy and has a majority because he acted on it. He may not have satisfied the little Scotlanders, but who could? They are clinging to a dream, imo.

The master plan was federalism and major towns run by mayors if memory serves me well. I think it was a quite innovative initiative and would have changed the political climate of the whole country with everyone feeling they had a real stake in the politics and politicians in their local area. London, Scotland and Wales were happy with that and voted to that effect.  Northern Ireland already had Stormont.

Snip
The Labour government formerly committed itself to devolution in its 1997 manifesto, which led to the Scottish executive, Welsh assembly, and the return of a London government in the form of the Greater London Authority.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/nov/05/regionalgovernment.politics

The stumbling blocks were the English regions, some of whom had different aspirations.
Devolution was overwhelmingly rejected by the people of the North East and I think it is a shame they did not think about the adage about a bird in the hand ...

Snip
The decision stubs out a political ideal which has been in the wind for the past two decades. An elected regional assembly would have assumed strategic powers for a number of areas ranging from health to culture, housing and transport, to help give the region a stronger voice and more control over its own affairs, backed by £350m direct funding, and influence over a further £600m.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/nov/05/regionalgovernment.politics

The people of Yorkshire had their chance to vote for their own regional assembly stymied by the overwhelming defeat of the policy by the North East.

Isn't democracy a delicate flower as I think we are going to discover when Boris really gets going.  I think we ain't seen nothin' yet.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2019, 11:56:27 PM »
You are special Spammers. and you are also a whole bunch of nasty names gifted to you be the looney,stalinist loving lefties.  who claim to be 'tolerant' but show intolerence in a passive aggressive manner.

We all laugh them off. hahaha!
He certainly is “special”.   Fancy being intolerant of misogynists and nazi lovers, how very shameful.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2019, 11:58:22 PM »
There's nothing average about me is there, come on.
As trolls go I would say you were the epitome of average.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
But we are a nation, a separate country unlike Yorkshire .
Not too sure the  " little Scotlanders"  reference was necessary.
A Scottish government elected by the Scottish electorate might prove more satisfactory than  a Prime Minister certainly not wanted or elected by them.
I really don't believe that looking at the results of the General Election that there is any clinging to a dream,rather increasing hope that the dream comes true.

You may be a seperate country, but you are still part of the United Kingdom. The dream is that you could survive alone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »
You may be a seperate country, but you are still part of the United Kingdom. The dream is that you could survive alone.
I remember when you poo-poohed people who said we’d be worse off out of the EU.  Changed your tune based on what exactly?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2019, 09:17:27 AM »
I remember when you poo-poohed people who said we’d be worse off out of the EU.  Changed your tune based on what exactly?

I didn't poo-poo anything. I pointed out that they were guessing. I think there's quite a lot of evidence that Scotland would find it very difficult to balance it's books if it left the United Kingdom. It's deficit is worse than that of Greece.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »
I didn't poo-poo anything. I pointed out that they were guessing. I think there's quite a lot of evidence that Scotland would find it very difficult to balance it's books if it left the United Kingdom. It's deficit is worse than that of Greece.
Scotland does not have complete control of its budget which includes a big chunk on Trident which it would no longer pay if independent.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2019, 10:47:24 AM »
Scotland does not have complete control of its budget which includes a big chunk on Trident which it would no longer pay if independent.

Scotland would either have to create it's own defences or sally forth defenceless though.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »
Scotland would either have to create it's own defences or sally forth defenceless though.
Like most countries manage to do without nuclear weapons.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »

Scotland exports more goods than it imports.
The figure for oil  and gas exports are not included in the Scottish figures  but are included n the UK figures.
Surely you don't believe that Scotland had less natural resources than Greece?
I believe we would do rather well.
Do you believe that those who seek Independence are behaving like lemmings, rushing to leap off a cliff?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:09:49 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2019, 11:58:20 AM »
Like most countries manage to do without nuclear weapons.

Indeed!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »

Production of claymores could be increased.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2019, 02:55:24 PM »
Who owns the oil and Gas?  It would be good to know if Scotland is self sufficient with regards to feeding the nation.

Can we sustain the level of social care for the elderly, abused children, battered spouses(male/female/gender neutral). Short answer NO we can barely make it work at the moment. expect a huge TAX hike very soon!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin