Author Topic: Have we learned anything new after almost 16 years?  (Read 29245 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Have we learned anything new after almost 16 years?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2023, 04:17:50 PM »
I think Amaral's recent behaviour is erratic to say the least and certainly does show that he has learned no lessons from the intervening years after Madeleine was abducted and his determined introduction of Brueckner into the public domain.

From him we know that Brueckner featured in police inquiries early days.

What a coincidence!

I think one would have to be very obtuse if that didn't prod some activity into the old brain cells.

I can't hep wondering if anyone has had a look at Amaral's phone record for that night.  Sorry about that.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2023, 04:21:06 PM »
I can't hep wondering if anyone has had a look at Amaral's phone record for that night.  Sorry about that.

Delusional.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2023, 04:52:03 PM »

The investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was like something gone mad.  Everything seemed to be off kilter and firmly on the back foot.

From memory ~ Amaral was informed while he was at dinner.  Possibly burning the midnight oil in preparation for being constituted as a suspect in a torture case on the following day 4th May.

Apart from trivia involving the McCann party and the Murat party, I don't think the invaluable resource presented by the telephone dump was utilised as it should have been until Scotland Yard came on the scene.
So I would say no-one bothered to check Amaral's log.

In fact I think that until now he has been relatively bomb proof no matter what nonsense he comes away with.

I'm not too sure whether or not he may have blown that immunity in his pursuit of "justice for brueckner".  There has to be a limit to the credibility and tolerance shown to media personalities even in Portugal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2023, 05:09:29 PM »
The investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was like something gone mad.  Everything seemed to be off kilter and firmly on the back foot.

From memory ~ Amaral was informed while he was at dinner.  Possibly burning the midnight oil in preparation for being constituted as a suspect in a torture case on the following day 4th May.

Apart from trivia involving the McCann party and the Murat party, I don't think the invaluable resource presented by the telephone dump was utilised as it should have been until Scotland Yard came on the scene.
So I would say no-one bothered to check Amaral's log.

In fact I think that until now he has been relatively bomb proof no matter what nonsense he comes away with.

I'm not too sure whether or not he may have blown that immunity in his pursuit of "justice for brueckner".  There has to be a limit to the credibility and tolerance shown to media personalities even in Portugal.

There was that fake burglary you see.  I have wondered about that as well.  That held things up a bit.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2023, 05:57:26 PM »
I think what sums it up is that Amaral had too much faith in Grime .. Grime had too much faith in his dogs and the dogs liked to please Grime..

Grime did the same in Jersey but the dogs got caught out

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »
There was that fake burglary you see.  I have wondered about that as well.  That held things up a bit.

So did the delay in calling the police from the Ocean Club.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2023, 06:12:04 PM »

Oh Yes.  When the distraught English couple who couldn't speak Portuguese waited for The Ocean Club Reception to make the call for them.  Very suspicious that was.  While The GNR at Portimao couldn't send anyone anyway because they were attending to a burglary that never happened.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2023, 06:16:49 PM »
Oh Yes.  When the distraught English couple who couldn't speak Portuguese waited for The Ocean Club Reception to make the call for them.  Very suspicious that was.  While The GNR at Portimao couldn't send anyone anyway because they were attending to a burglary that never happened.

Didn't make much effort to inform reception though did they. It took Gerry almost a full golden hour before he saw to it the police be informed of the abduction. This makes sense when one realises that maybe he had something more pressing to attend to.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2023, 06:34:40 PM »

Misty made posts some time ago which linked the simulated burglary with the huge police celebrations which had taken place that day which had involved many officers and probably left that night's shifts and patrols short staffed since so many had spent the day on duty at the event.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2023, 06:47:29 PM »

I have it on the very best authority that EVERYONE in Portugal speaks English so absolutely no reason for the delay.
Snip
The most recent example of the outrageous treatment of Dr. Amaral is the BBC broadcast claiming he had said "F*** the McCanns".  Native Portuguese claim that Amaral actually said "'Não, força aos McCanns" "Ask the McCanns" in response to a reporter's questions.  (GONCALO AMARAL DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH -  a fact widely reported.)
CMOMM

Well that is everyone with the exception of Amaral.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2023, 06:57:17 PM »
How could PJ solve the case when they believed Eddie alerted to cadaver odour and had never been wrong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2023, 07:45:03 PM »
I have it on the very best authority that EVERYONE in Portugal speaks English so absolutely no reason for the delay.
Snip
The most recent example of the outrageous treatment of Dr. Amaral is the BBC broadcast claiming he had said "F*** the McCanns".  Native Portuguese claim that Amaral actually said "'Não, força aos McCanns" "Ask the McCanns" in response to a reporter's questions.  (GONCALO AMARAL DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH -  a fact widely reported.)
CMOMM

Well that is everyone with the exception of Amaral.

I don't know who your 'very best authority' is, but it's wrong imo.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2023, 10:06:29 PM »
I don't know who your 'very best authority' is, but it's wrong imo.

Live and learn.

With regard to the Netflix documentary - the Sun describes as a "Jaw dropping moment" Portuguese police chief's dinner party on the night of Maddie's disappearance
The Portuguese police chief who headed up the Madeleine McCann investigation admitted the real reason why he didn't go straight to the crime scene was because he was enjoying a dinner party.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/madeleine-mccann-netflix-series-jaw-22175407

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2023, 10:43:15 PM »
Live and learn.

With regard to the Netflix documentary - the Sun describes as a "Jaw dropping moment" Portuguese police chief's dinner party on the night of Maddie's disappearance
The Portuguese police chief who headed up the Madeleine McCann investigation admitted the real reason why he didn't go straight to the crime scene was because he was enjoying a dinner party.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/madeleine-mccann-netflix-series-jaw-22175407

I was referring to this claim 'I have it on the very best authority that EVERYONE in Portugal speaks English so absolutely no reason for the delay.'
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2023, 10:48:42 PM »
I was referring to this claim 'I have it on the very best authority that EVERYONE in Portugal speaks English so absolutely no reason for the delay.'

Do keep up.

I am following the thread topic.  One rather wonders what new information you have gleaned in 16 years.  Not a lot it would appear from your posts.