Author Topic: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”  (Read 10392 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
Over 5 years ago.

Uh huh ... which is precisely why I am so puzzled about why Faithlilly keeps raising it ... didn't she start a thread about it too?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »
Uh huh ... which is precisely why I am so puzzled about why Faithlilly keeps raising it ... didn't she start a thread about it too?

It’s to do with certain supporters clinging to the “SY/PG said” and discussing whether it is still the case. I have lost count of the number of “final” leads that have been mentioned over the last few years. They appear to be reexamining all the reports that had been discounted and ending up at the same conclusions.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2018, 03:54:50 PM »
It’s to do with certain supporters clinging to the “SY/PG said” and discussing whether it is still the case. I have lost count of the number of “final” leads that have been mentioned over the last few years. They appear to be reexamining all the reports that had been discounted and ending up at the same conclusions.

exactly nothing has changed  in 5 years and i doubt it will

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
I don't think supporters are clinging to anything... More sceptics clinging to their belief that somehow the McCanns are, still under suspicion when there is nothing to support it...
I dint find anything strange in believing SY and the PJ are being truthful when everything else supports that view  ..

And you do not know exactly what SY are investigating
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:59:22 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »

That seems to be the way that the Portuguese police appear to operate don't you know.  Even the information given to the public that Madeleine's case was to be reopened was announced via a press release;

Portuguese police have reopened the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, according to an announcement by the Public Prosecutor’s office.

A press statement revealed that “new elements of evidence” which were presented by the PJ police justified the "continuation of the investigation". The case had been closed by Portuguese police in 2008 - a year after Madeleine McCann disappeared from the tourist complex in Praia da Luz where her family was spending their vacation."
http://portugalresident.com/portuguese-police-reopen-madeleine-mccann-inquiry

No names no pack drill - and do please note from the same article   ...
Media reports are stating that the request to reopen the case was made by PJ police as a result of a two-year-long investigation led by a team of detectives from Porto. It is reported that the squad of four investigators identified witnesses who had never been queried when the case was still open, and that they travelled to the Algarve on several occasions to gather evidence and carry out informal interrogations.

It is also said that the only way that these investigations could be conducted ‘on the record’ would be if the inquiry was reopened and that the police’s leads are, as British police suspect as well, based around the theory of a kidnapping.
http://portugalresident.com/portuguese-police-reopen-madeleine-mccann-inquiry

It may seem odd to us but it appears to be the Portuguese way which makes it all the more remarkable that Pedro do Carmo chose to declare (2017) that the McCanns ARE NOT SUSPECTS following on from Andy Redwood saying (2013) the same some years ago.  Making the police position consistent whether you like it or not ... and to borrow on from the title of the thread ... The McCanns Are Not Suspects.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 04:51:11 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
That article is 2 years later.  The paper has still gone bust and they are looking to sue Amaral at that stage.

Are you trying to tell me that the McCanns did not drop their action against T & Q?
And futher their reason for doing so was on legal advice?
Presented as to "concentrate on the action against Sr Amaral"?
And further this latter action was successful for the McCanns?
An interesting concept is all that.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
Are you trying to tell me that the McCanns did not drop their action against T & Q?
And futher their reason for doing so was on legal advice?
Presented as to "concentrate on the action against Sr Amaral"?
And further this latter action was successful for the McCanns?
An interesting concept is all that.

they certainl did drop the case   ...on legal advice..as to exactly why we cannot be certain...imo. Certinly suing a bankrupt newspaper wouldnt be the wisest thing to do

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »
they certainl did drop the case   ...on legal advice..as to exactly why we cannot be certain...imo. Certinly suing a bankrupt newspaper wouldnt be the wisest thing to do

No money in it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2018, 06:24:56 PM »
No money in it.

so the paper would not even defend the action ...so no point

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »

They could have sued the author of the piece.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
They could have sued the author of the piece.
did he have any assets

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2018, 08:16:19 PM »
did he have any assets

Dunno. But we are lead to believe it was not about money.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
Dunno. But we are lead to believe it was not about money.

Who said it was .....if you sue someone and they have assets they can be forced to issue an apology  to reduce damages... No assets..they probably don't even have to turn up at court and leave you with hefty legal bills

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »

It would appear you have some of this posterior about facade.
If a writ were issued there had of necessity to be two legal persons involved [plaintiff v defendant]
ergo T & Q existed at the time any writ was issued............................ join up the dots

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »
Who said it was .....if you sue someone and they have assets they can be forced to issue an apology  to reduce damages... No assets..they probably don't even have to turn up at court and leave you with hefty legal bills

You are struggling now.

Ifs and probablies all over the oche , meaning you don't know