Author Topic: Andrew Gosden has been missing since 14 September 2007  (Read 26792 times)

Offline John

Andrew Gosden has been missing since 14 September 2007
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »
Andrew Gosden ref: 07-019198

About Andrew Gosden.

Andrew has been missing from his home in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, since 14 September 2007. He was last seen on CCTV footage at King's Cross Station in London later that morning.  When Andrew went missing he was 5ft 3in tall, slim with light brown hair and brown eyes. He needs strong prescription glasses. He was last seen wearing black jeans and T-shirt.

Andrew was last seen at 8-30am as he was heading down Littlemoor Lane, Balby, Doncaster towards Westfield Park. Andrew returned from school after his parents had gone to work, and changed out of his uniform. He emptied his bank account – taking around £200 – and without leaving a note went to Doncaster station and bought a one-way ticket to London King’s Cross (refusing a return even though the cost was about the same).

It is thought that he boarded a train at Doncaster Railway Station at 9-35am on the day he went missing arriving at London Kings Cross Station at 11-20am. South Yorkshire Police released CCTV footage from Kings Cross Station on 14 September 07, the day he went missing, there are no confirmed sightings after this one.

If you think you can help the search please call Missing People. Call. Text. Anytime. Free. Confidential. 116000

Information about this child - Missing Kids UK    www.missingkids.co.uk/07-019198

Download poster below.

f

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:23:31 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Anna

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

Re: Andrew Gosden has been missing since 14 September 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:16:16 AM »
In 2009, Andrew's family released computer e-fits showing what he might look like then, aged 16, either with his hair shoulder length or bleached and cropped.

Offline Anna

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:36:37 AM »

A MESSAGE FOR ANDREW

Dear Andrew .....

We have all missed you so much since the day you left. Not a day goes by that you are not in our minds constantly. You were always so witty, polite, caring and intelligent that we desperately miss your company. The same is true of all your friends and the thousands of people who have prayed for you and helped us search for you.

If you should ever read this, forget about any water under the bridge and please have no fear about making contact with us. We do not care where you have been or what lifestyle you choose for yourself. We only want to know that you are safe and well and to help and support you if we can.

We remain as proud of you as we have always been and love you deeply,
All our love,
Dad, Mum & Charlie xxx

Our Contact Details:
Email: kevin.gosden@hotmail.co.uk
― Plato

Offline Anna

― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:05:28 AM »

Somebody, somewhere, knows what happened to this young man.

He emptied his bank account before leaving for London.

Was he running away from something, or running to something?

He obviously had planned it, but at only 14 years of age, how would he cope? what would he do in London?
― Plato

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »
Somebody, somewhere, knows what happened to this young man.

He emptied his bank account before leaving for London.

Was he running away from something, or running to something?

He obviously had planned it, but at only 14 years of age, how would he cope? what would he do in London?

I must say, I wasn't aware of Andrew's case which just goes to show how little publicity has got out beyond his immediate home area and London.   He could very well have been intending to meet up with someone believing it was a perfectly innocent encounter.

Offline Anna

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
I must say, I wasn't aware of Andrew's case which just goes to show how little publicity has got out beyond his immediate home area and London.   He could very well have been intending to meet up with someone believing it was a perfectly innocent encounter.

I hadn't  heard of it either, until a member, kindly brought it to our notice. A very unusual case indeed.
He left of his own free will, with £200(I think) and did not want a return ticket, which cost the same as a single way...........He had no intention of returning, by the sounds of it. He could even be abroad, but I believe the police think that the worse has happened to him. It just doesn't make sense at all.
― Plato

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »

Police launch fresh appeal to find missing Doncaster teen Andrew Gosden

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-09-12/police-launch-fresh-appeal-to-find-missing-doncaster-teen-andrew-gosden/

12 September 2017

Andrew Gosden: The boy who disappeared

On 14 September 2007, 14-year-old Andrew Gosden walked out of the family home in Doncaster, boarded a train to London with a one-way ticket and then simply vanished.

A short sequence of CCTV stills captured that morning at King's Cross station represents the last certain sighting of the schoolboy.

A decade on, his disappearance remains a mystery.

The Gosden family - Kevin, Glenys, Charlotte and Andrew - were about to sit down for dinner on the evening of Friday 14 September.

Charlotte was in her room on her new laptop, while Andrew was thought to be in the converted cellar of the Gosdens' house in the suburb of Balby, playing on his console, just as he usually did after school.

But when the shout went out to come and eat, he didn't emerge.

In Andrew's bedroom his family found his McAuley Catholic High School blazer and tie hanging neatly over the back of a chair. Later they discovered his shirt and trousers in the washing machine.

After a series of increasingly frantic phone calls, they learned he had not been to school that day.

His sister Charlotte, now 26, said: "It was just a complete panic. We initially thought something must have happened on the way to school.

"When we found that he hadn't even been to school - even tried to go to school - that was even more worrying."
It emerged Andrew had put on his uniform and left the house but then waited for his family to leave before returning home.

He dressed in a pair of jeans and one of his favourite T-shirts and headed out the door.

On the way to the railway station he withdrew just under £200 from his bank account and bought a one-way ticket to London.

Later that morning, and hours before he was noticed missing, in the words of his father Kevin, "he apparently just disappeared off the face of the Earth".

"It's psychologically impossible to deal with," he said.

"You go round and round in circles thinking, 'Well probably they've been murdered, maybe they committed suicide, perhaps they are alive and well somewhere' and it might just depend on what day of the week it is."

Andrew has been described by his family as a quiet, gentle and extremely intelligent boy who took part in the government's Young, Gifted & Talented Programme for high-achieving students.

He liked reading - well-thumbed copies of The Lord of the Rings and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy still sit on a shelf in his room - he played computer games and he enjoyed his music: Slipknot, Muse and Funeral for a Friend were among his favourite bands.

(Read Full Story)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41041855

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4467221/mystery-andrew-gosden-doncaster-boy-one-way-ticket-london-ten-years-ago-never-seen-again/

http://helpustofindandrew.weebly.com/

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:09:33 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »

Andrew Gosden: The 14-year-old boy who disappeared

On 14 September 2007, 14-year-old Andrew Gosden walked out of his family home in Doncaster, boarded a train to London with a one-way ticket and then simply vanished.

A short sequence of CCTV stills captured that morning at King's Cross station represent the last known sighting of the schoolboy.

(See link for images)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41256424/andrew-gosden-the-14-year-old-boy-who-disappeared

A decade on, his disappearance remains a mystery.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 09:20:14 PM »

Background

Andrew Gosden was a bright mathematician who was on a government sponsored programme to stretch the top five per cent of school pupils.

He had been expected to score all A's in his GCSE's at School. The Gosden family live in Balby, a suburb of Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

Disappearance

On the morning of his disappearance, Andrew had difficulty waking up and was particularly grumpy. He had a 100% attendance record at The McAuley Catholic High School and left at the normal time to wait for his school bus.

He returned home to change out of his school uniform after the rest of the household had left for the day.

He withdrew £200 from his bank account, went to Doncaster railway station and purchased a one-way ticket to London before boarding the 9:35 am train to King's Cross.

Witnesses saw him getting on the train alone and CCTV at King's Cross shows him leaving the main entrance on the same day.

That was the last time Andrew was seen. The ticket seller on Doncaster station remembers Andrew because he refused a return ticket, despite it only being £0.50 to £1.00 more than a single.

When he failed to attend lessons at his school, the teachers tried to contact his parents but a misdial on the phone meant they ended up with the wrong number and Andrew's disappearance was not logged until later that day.

Investigation and searches

Initial searches in London focused on the Chislehurst and Sidcup areas where the Gosden family have relatives. A family friend who runs a car dealership offered a free sports car to anyone passing information that would lead to identifying what happened to the teenager.

Andrew's family were critical of the initial stages of the investigation. The police focused on the family before scouring the CCTV tapes at King's Cross, despite eye-witnesses stating that they had seen Andrew boarding the train and what time that was.

CCTV imagery of Andrew at King's Cross wasn't checked until 27 days after his disappearance, by which time, the trail had gone cold.

The CCTV image of Andrew leaving the main concourse at King's Cross was accompanied by a close up of his right ear which has a distinctive double ridge to it.

Subsequent events

In October 2008, the Iceland supermarket chain included Andrew in a campaign to find missing people by publicising them on their milk cartons.

In November 2008, a man visited Leominster police station in Herefordshire and used the intercom system to talk to a police officer stating that he had information about Andrew Gosden.

As it was an evening, the intercom system was in use rather than a manned reception. When a police officer arrived to take the details the man had left. Police later appealed for him to get back in touch.

In May 2011, the family paid a private company to conduct a sonar search of the River Thames, but no body was found.

In 2016, Andrew's parents appealed for information on Panorama, the BBC's flagship current affairs television programme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Andrew_Gosden#cite_note-12

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »

BBC Panorama 2016

Missing Andrew Gosden

(@15:00)

https://youtu.be/-LzfEmctCH4?t=900

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »

South Yorkshire Police Press Release 14th September 2017

Ten-years since disappearance of Doncaster teen. Can you help?

Today marks ten-years since Andrew Gosden went missing from his home in Doncaster, and officers remain committed in continuing to pursue and investigate any information that could lead to finding him and would ask anyone who believes they know where he may be or who may have seen him to please come forward. 

Andrew, now 24, was 14-years-old when he left his home address in the Balby area of Doncaster and was seen heading down Littlemoor Lane towards Westfield Park, at around 8.30am on Friday, 14 September 2007.

Around an hour later, Andrew withdrew £200 from his bank account and he boarded a GNER train at Doncaster train station, bound for London Kings Cross.

CCTV shows Andrew at Kings Cross station at around 11.20am the same day, and despite extensive enquiries by police, there have been no further positive sightings of Andrew since this time.

Detective Chief Inspector Joanne Bates said: “Andrew was 14-years-old when he went missing, and there has been no contact or positive sightings of him since this time.

“Throughout the ten years since Andrew’s disappearance, thorough and comprehensive enquiries and leads have been looked into and investigated to ascertain the circumstances and to establish where he may be.

“Andrew had a familiarity with London tourist attractions including Westminster Palace, the London Eye, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Tottenham Court Road, Covent Garden, the subway under the river, Greenwich (the park and village), south Kensington, and the Cutty Sark, and all possible lines of enquiry have been investigated in relation to these areas.

“Andrew’s family, friends and school have all been spoken to on numerous occasions and Andrew’s DNA and fingerprints circulated, as well as his dental and health records, to appropriate agencies and organisations in a bid to trace his whereabouts.

“We have looked into the lens manufacturers for Andrew’s optician’s prescription to try to identify anyone requesting similar prescriptions and enquiries have been made with the passport office and National Insurance records for any applications for documents.

“A behavioural investigative analyst has also been consulted as part of the investigation in an attempt to shed light on Andrew’s reasons for leaving home and to discover any new possibilities of people or places he may have gone to.

“Throughout the investigation we have liaised with the Missing People charity regarding reported sightings of Andrew and worked with Andrew’s family, and we will continue to do so in an attempt to be able to provide the answers they understandably are desperate to have.

“I would ask anyone, maybe new friends, neighbours or work mates, who believes they know a 24-year-old man that could be Andrew, but aren’t aware of his past beyond the last few years to please make come forward.

“In addition, any professionals, including doctors, dentists or hospital staff who may have treated a 24-year-old man who has no records going back beyond the last ten years, you could hold information that proves vital to locating Andrew and I would ask you to please make contact with police.

“And to Andrew, a personal appeal, please contact us, completely confidentially, and let us know you are safe and well and we can reassure your family you have come to no harm.”

Anyone with information is asked to call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 161 of 13 September 2017.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/missing-people/ten-years-disappearance-doncaster-teen-can-you-help

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:57:38 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 09:34:26 PM »

Father whose son, 14, skipped school and never came home reveals the ‘suicidal’ pain of not knowing what happened to him - and says he'd 'rather have a bag of bones' to give him closure

Andrew Gosden, then 14, skipped school and made his way to London

Father Kevin Gosden from Doncaster admits he's since attempted suicide

Heartbroken sister of missing Mary Mustafa said: 'We’ve looked everywhere'

Stories feature in Channel 5 news special tonight at 6:30pm on missing people

While cases of missing people such as Madeleine McCann and Claudia Lawrence are seared in the collective consciousness, many other families are going through the same heartbreak.

Families of missing people will share their harrowing stories on a Channel 5 news special tonight at 6:30pm in order to shed light on less well-known cases to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the disappearance of Yorkshire chef Claudia Lawrence.

Among the families still coping with the unexplained disappearance of a loved one is Kevin Gosden, a father from Doncaster, whose son Andrew skipped school in 2007 to go to London and was never seen again.

His family have no idea if he's alive or dead, and Kevin - who says he'd 'rather have a bag of bones' than live with not knowing - has tried to take his own life and spent some time in a psychiatric facility.

'It is a daily struggle every morning for me to feel like I want to be alive,' he says.

Meanwhile, the family of Mary Mustafa, 37, also known as MJ who went missing last year from London reveal how her mother refuses to leave the house and just sits looking out the window for her daughter every day.

Speaking of his longing for closure, Andrew's father Kevin admits he would rather 'have a bag of bones,' than 'being limbo all the time.'

'Then you would have closure to it,' he adds, 'however painful. 

'The depression, anxiety you get with it – the post-traumatic stress aspect- gives you nightmares, flashbacks, I mean the last time I had a complete night’s sleep I can barely remember.'

Kevin lost everything following Andrew's disappearance. He quit his job and says it took a 'huge toll' on him.

'I kind of feel like I’ve lost everything, and every single day feels like a battle,' he says.

'You go back all the time thinking of every single possibility. What might be going on in any 14-year-old’s head...We just don’t know what made him disappear off that day,' Kevin tells Five News.

'We don’t know what he was planning to do, where he was planning to go exactly.

'One thing I would say that my wife, my daughter and I really agree on is we cannot imagine Andrew being cruel enough to stay away for all this time and never get us a message just to say he was okay, none of us can.

'You know there just wasn’t a shred of his personality that would make us think that he could do that and live with himself, so that perhaps makes us think – is he dead?' he adds.

The father admits he can understand how hard it would be for his son to contact his family after all this time.

'You think well if you’re alive and well out there somewhere, we all equally well understand how difficult it could seem or feel to actually kind of make that contact, you know, and say "I am alive and well again, sorry for the decade plus of hell – but I am okay.” It just seems endless to me.'

Mel Mustafa, whose sister Mary, 37, also known as MJ went missing last year from London also reveals her family is struggling to cope with the disappearance.

'It’s like your brain, it just totally slows down, because we’ve been everywhere – we’ve looked everywhere, she says. 'We’ve done what we can, and it’s like we’re getting no other help.'

Mel shares her frustrations concerning the investigation into her sister's disappearance and says she feels more could have been done early on to find her.

'My auntie's so depressed,' adds MJ's cousin, Ayse Hussein, 'all she does is look at the window.'

'She just wants [Mary] to come home, she just sits everyday and looks at that window, she just won't go out.'

Both Jan and Ayse then break down and cry during the emotional segment.

Paul Green from the Missing Persons Bureau at the National Crime Agency who is investigating leads relating to MJ, tells Five News: 'We don’t know what’s happened to her – her family are concerned for her, her sister and her children are leading their own inquiries.

'There are lots of people out there looking for her. You just cling to the hope that in the past that she has found safe havens, and that’s the case in this instance – she’s just gone taken herself away, found somebody that can look after her for the time being, help her, and then when she feels better, she can make contact with her family,' he adds

'If not, hopefully our inquiries can lead to that resolution, and we can ensure that Mary is safe and reunited with her family, if that’s what she wants.'

But he adds that some missing people that are eventually found prefer to keep their locations unknown to their families, a choice authorities have to respect.

Joe Apps, from the National Crime Agency says: ‘It’s very challenging for police forces to deal with missing people, because there are so many. In one year, there were 380,000 calls for service - to police.

'So there’s a huge demand on policing services, and the police have to decide really quickly what the risk is to the missing person, and then apply resources accordingly, and that’s a very challenging thing for police forces, which is why they’re keen to invite in assistance as soon as they can for the most challenging cases.'

Sue Heal went missing for three days when she hit the rock bottom because of her depression.

'It was like somebody flipped a switch, and I didn’t care anymore, or I felt very numb, and that’s when I walked out,' she says.

'Every missing person goes missing for a different reason I think, but a clinically depressed person is just sort of not thinking about their relatives at all really, or if they’re thinking about them, they’re thinking that they’d be better off without them.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6822413/Families-missing-people-share-heartbreak-Channel-5-news-special-tonight.html