Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 169319 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #825 on: July 25, 2019, 07:47:04 PM »
Are you a victim of a genuine miscarriage of justice?
"In recent months, I have been working with the multi award winning investigative reporter, Mark Williams-Thomas, best known for his extraordinary investigative work leading to the exposure of Jimmy Savile. He has investigated, reviewed and reported on many of the biggest crime stories including: The Alps murders, Tia Sharp murder, Claudia Lawrence murder and the murder of Alice Gross, together with his work on the Oscar Pistorius trial in South Africa. His work has led to numerous awards, including two Royal Television Society Awards, a Broadcasting Press Guild Award and an International Peabody Award. He is also BAFTA nominated.

Mark is a highly skilled crime investigator. He has reviewed a number of high profile cases. He has a tenacious and meticulous approach to the cases he reviews, an approach which is seldom matched even by lawyers and those working in the criminal justice system. Mark’s reputation is built on his many successes and he has shown that he is not afraid to take on the establishment and uncover the truth.

Although much of Mark’s worked has focused on detecting crime, he has also reviewed many miscarriages of justice and is currently actively involved in some high-profile reviews with a view to reversing wrongful convictions and establishing the truth. As an example, he has worked on trying to assist Barry George, wrongly convicted of the murder of Jill Dando, and with his quest to obtain the justice it is strongly felt he deserves by getting compensation for having served a 9 year sentence for a crime he did not commit. He has been involved in a review of the disappearance of the Malaysian flight MH370 and is actively reviewing the murder conviction of a young dentist believed to have been wrongly convicted. It is no secret that Mark is a former police officer, but this has simply served to strengthen his ability to consider matters from both defence and prosecution perspectives when reviewing a case, which can only assist when looking at cases involving substantial injustice.

What is clear from Mark’s involvement in a case is not just his unrivalled approach to establishing what needs to be done to establish the truth, but how he achieves it. He has an extraordinary ability of understanding complex cases and establishing what went wrong at trial, and more importantly, what needs to be done. You only have to look at the resistance he must have faced when delving into the deep and murky world of Jimmy Savile when acknowledging just how successful he can be at uncovering the truth.

The significance of all this is that Mark and I have agreed to join forces with a view to reviewing 5 or so genuine miscarriages of justice. The cases we are looking to review need not be high profile, or even complex factually or legally, but simply where it is felt that with a further more detailed investigation, the truth can be exposed. It may be that various lines of enquiry need to be pursued which were perhaps considered not possible previously. This could be because witnesses would not come forward or could not be traced. It may be a case where there is a new theory to be explored as to who committed a crime that has resulted in the wrong person being convicted. It may be that enquiries need to be made of third parties who may hold and possess information that casts considerable doubt on the safety of a conviction. It may be that witnesses are out there who can be traced with a little digging who know the truth but simply need to be found. Equally, there may be concerns about a case that is still subject to an enquiry, and if charged a forensic investigation of the evidence leading to the charging decision may also be of great significance. As has been shown over the years, many overturned convictions in the court of appeal have resulted from a proper review of the unused evidence schedule. Many will know that this is a document prepared by the police and is often misleading, inaccurate or simply fails completely to record the full extent of an investigation. Lack of disclosure is a very common ground for appeal.

Mark and I will review the selected cases to uncover the fresh evidence that is needed to overturn a conviction. In addition, it may be that enquiries are received from suspects under investigation for serious offences where corruption or malpractice is alleged. It may be that our assistance in those cases and our intervention at an early stage can prevent wrongful conviction.

At first instance, those who wish to be considered for this should express their interest initially by writing to David Wells, Wells Burcombe. https://insidetime.org/are-you-a-victim-of-a-genuine-miscarriage-of-justice/

Michelle (Diskin) Bates says:
30th August 2017 at 8:45 am
A great great teaming. Miscarriage of justice victims need strong support and experienced, structured assistance to fight their convictions. Good luck with the new venture.
Michelle
(Barry George’s sister)

Cass says:
28th September 2017 at 2:42 pm
"I’m surprised David that as a qualified Solicitor and Barrister who has worked on some high profile cases that you haven’t done your homework on Mark Williams Thomas.
A bit of research will tell you that he was only a Detective for a year in Surrey then left, though I have heard he jumped before he was pushed.
He is not an expert in child protection, and a Masters in criminology, with no other post grad degree, doesn’t make him an expert in that field either.
His various CV’s about investigating or leading high profile cases are I would argue also untrue as Senior officers lead investigations.
Credit due for his dogged work in the Saville case, but he was invited on board by Merrion Jones after a lot of ground work was done. In fact he told Merrion by e-mail he was ‘keen to be involved’ as he started the Jonathan King investigation, which actually started after he left the force and was investigated by other officers.
Merrion thought MWT would be useful as an ex Surrey officer to find out if they had carried out an investigation into Saville. MWT agreed to ‘dig around’… it’s all in the Pollard Review.
As for ‘The Investigator’ the show revealed nothing that wasn’t already in the public domain and was edited to make MWT look good. It’s all in the Court of Appeal decision at http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2003/1840.html
Anyway I don’t wish to harp on, but I often wonder if those who purport to be what they are not actually have a strong belief in justice for others…. or simply a desire to boost their own ego and line their own pockets.
Purporting to those who have suffered the loss of loved ones to be a seasoned and experienced investigator is not for me in the interests of justice. It is called giving false hope… as he did in the Investigator.
If David, as MWT said himself, you ‘dig around’, you’ll come to see he’s not all that he purports to be. In fact why not ask him face to face and see what he says. He knows what it’s like to be grilled after standing trial for Blackmail and being found not guilty.

"Adding fuel to the fire was a British former policeman and TV celebrity, Mark Williams-Thomas, who made the 2012 TV documentary which exposed the crimes of Jimmy Savile. Working with UK lawyer David Wells, he travelled to KL and compiled – at a cost of £8,000 – an unofficial report for Ivana’s family. Last week Wells issued a press release, headlined: ‘Model’s fatal fall was no accident, conclude St Albans solicitor and private investigator duo.’ They say they have ‘no doubt’ that in Britain, Ivana’s death would be treated as homicide. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-mail-on-sunday/20180401/281822874356022

https://quillette.com/2019/07/25/the-many-lies-of-carl-beech/
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #826 on: July 29, 2019, 01:46:46 PM »
“Dwayne, who had always protested his innocence, had the good fortune to write to and involve the Innocence Project at Cardiff University. Over successive years volunteering law students studied the case, and considered various avenues which might lead to the overturning of the conviction. The case of  Barry George [2007] EWCA Crim 2722 with its staunch criticisms of the standards which had applied to gun shot residue evidence, and its recognition of the important revision of those standards under the auspices of the FSS and in particular their lead scientist Angela Shaw, led to the students securing the services of a firearms expert to write a report on the impact of the Barry George decision on Dwayne George’s case. Detailed submissions to the CCRC were prepared by the many students, into all aspects of the case. Impressed by the work involved the CCRC themselves commissioned Angela Shaw to write a report on the GSR findings in the case, and the approach which had been adopted to them. As a result the Commission referred the case back to the Court of Appeal.
http://doughty-street-chambers.newsweaver.com/Appeals/1cisha3cvxh?a=1&p=456444&t=174031

Simon Hall had the same solicitor as Dwayne George.

It was this solicitor who helped Hall embellish his Guittard application https://insidetime.org/guittard-applications/

at my objection!
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #827 on: July 29, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
1h
😱 you don’t change/rewrite history...YOU LEARN FROM IT! Who is running these institutions, the inmates? #nonsensical

The Guardian
@guardian
 · 1h
Top university split in row over erasing ‘racist’ science pioneers from the campus (link: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/13/ucl-inquiry-row-historical-racism-science-pioneers-rename-college-buildings?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563108402) theguardian.com/world/2019/jul

Says one of the patrons of Jeremy Bamber’s campaign who claimed:

Becoming aware of a breaking-news story I began to listen in more closely. A siege was taking place at a farmhouse in England. The broadcaster relayed that five people were inside and there was great fear for their safety. As the story unfolded it became apparent that this was an older couple. A farmer and retired Magistrate, Nevill Bamber and his wife, June; their daughter, Sheila, and her six year old twin sons. Jeremy, their son, was outside with police who were trying to communicate with someone inside the house who had been seen pacing back and forth in front of an upstairs window and carrying a firearm.
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀 Retweeted

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
Dear friends, please vote for "Stand Against Injustice"  for book of the year. (link: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/book.php?id=365463&boty=1) forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/book.p… #BOTY via
@TwBookClub

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #828 on: July 29, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀 Retweeted

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
Dear friends, please vote for "Stand Against Injustice"  for book of the year. (link: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/book.php?id=365463&boty=1) forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/book.p… #BOTY via
@TwBookClub

Twitter have rules about these things I understand.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #829 on: July 29, 2019, 06:11:10 PM »
Twitter have rules about these things I understand.

Self promotion?

Offline Nicholas

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #831 on: July 31, 2019, 06:36:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1151127793373044736e

Following a recent public veiled threat aimed at me Michelle Diskin Bates appears to have incited the bloke in the byline of this article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/13200185

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #832 on: July 31, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
Following a recent public veiled threat aimed at me Michelle Diskin Bates appears to have incited the bloke in the byline of this article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/13200185

Michelle Diskin Bates to the bloke in the byline of above article, “she will be dealt with if necessary.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #833 on: July 31, 2019, 07:30:43 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates to the bloke in the byline of above article, “she will be dealt with if necessary.

False allegations - incitement of others  *&^^&

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #834 on: July 31, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »

Seems my opinions and observations struck a chord but rather than rebuff them she chose to make up lies and incite others in the process - and a convicted criminal with form for doing so no less.  *&^^&

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:06:14 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #835 on: July 31, 2019, 09:12:26 PM »

He, the convicted troll, asks Michelle Diskin Bates if she’s read his private messages to her - she gives him the thumbs up, indicating she’s read them

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #836 on: July 31, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »

She also makes claim about me ”but rather vulnerable”

And is now attempting to wriggle out of the fact she’s been caught out by claiming to him “No I haven’t seen anything”  *&^^&
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:23:24 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #837 on: July 31, 2019, 10:13:27 PM »
She also makes claim about me ”but rather vulnerable”

And is now attempting to wriggle out of the fact she’s been caught out by claiming to him “No I haven’t seen anything”  *&^^&

Her further comments confirm she is the fraud I knew her to be

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #838 on: July 31, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »

Veiled threats  *&^^&

Offline Nicholas