Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 63802 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #345 on: December 16, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »
In my opinion Cristovao was the Godfather of this gang but I doubt the seven year sentence handed down reflects that and it remains to be seen how long it will take for the appeal to be even heard.
I doubt he will serve his sentence.

I think the underlings who acted on his instructions will do the time.

I can see him getting his sentence reduced,  horrible man.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »
Do you concern yourself with all justice systems throughout the world, or is it just Portugal ?

Personally, I would be more concerned about the justice system that I was subject to, rather than that od another country.

I think you are missing the point. they  (Portuguese police )were going to torture poor Kate. They refused to get helicopters and fighter jets to scower the med looking for Kate's daughter the one she left alone. Of which she can take no blame for.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2022, 03:02:39 PM »

Thank You to Brietta for this.

Worth a read or a re read if you have the patience.  I have just done it.

I remain very concerned about the association between Cristovao and Amaral.  Both of whom tried to implicate The McCanns.

Amaral has since gone on to try to protect Breuckner.  Why would he do this?

Offline The General

« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2022, 03:18:21 PM »
Thank You to Brietta for this.

Worth a read or a re read if you have the patience.  I have just done it.

I remain very concerned about the association between Cristovao and Amaral.  Both of whom tried to implicate The McCanns.

Amaral has since gone on to try to protect Breuckner.  Why would he do this?
Do you have a cite for this extraordinary, potentially libelous claim? Or are you exempt?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2022, 03:25:18 PM »
Do you have a cite for this extraordinary, potentially libelous claim? Or are you exempt?

It's all documented on this Forum.  And even on this Thread.

Offline The General

« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2022, 03:27:40 PM »
It's all documented on this Forum.  And even on this Thread.
That didn't wash for me the other day when you were demanding Pamela Fenn's much read statement, with the threat of deleted comments.
So you should be held to the same standard.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2022, 03:33:14 PM »
That didn't wash for me the other day when you were demanding Pamela Fenn's much read statement, with the threat of deleted comments.
So you should be held to the same standard.

Did I do that?

Offline The General

« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2022, 03:37:05 PM »
Did I do that?
Selective amnesia and an inability to provide a cite. A heady combination.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2022, 04:45:51 PM »

The Star of Madeleine and The Truth of The Lie.

Written by Cristovao and Amaral at the same time.  Both pointing the finger at The McCanns.  I wonder why they did that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2022, 05:02:54 PM »
The Star of Madeleine and The Truth of The Lie.

Written by Cristovao and Amaral at the same time.  Both pointing the finger at The McCanns.  I wonder why they did that.
€€€
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2022, 05:14:55 PM »
€€€

That's what I thought to begin with.  But now I'm not so sure.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2022, 05:45:32 PM »
That's what I thought to begin with.  But now I'm not so sure.
There’s a fascinating documentary on Netflix called the Innocent Man about two murders of young women in Ada Oaklahoma in the 1980s and the subsequent false confessions by and stitching up of innocent men in order to protect the real culprits who were involved in shady drug dealings with bent cops who deliberately looked the other way to protect themselves from being outed and implicated in criminal wrong-doing.  You wouldn’t believe it could happen but it did.  John Grisham wrote his only non-fiction book about it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2022, 06:30:54 PM »
There’s a fascinating documentary on Netflix called the Innocent Man about two murders of young women in Ada Oaklahoma in the 1980s and the subsequent false confessions by and stitching up of innocent men in order to protect the real culprits who were involved in shady drug dealings with bent cops who deliberately looked the other way to protect themselves from being outed and implicated in criminal wrong-doing.  You wouldn’t believe it could happen but it did.  John Grisham wrote his only non-fiction book about it.

I don't know what Cristovao and Amaral thought they were up to, But these two were closely involved in both cases.
Didn't Amaral send for Cristovao to go down to The Algarve in The Cipriano Case?  Why would he have done that?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2022, 06:49:33 PM »
I don't know what Cristovao and Amaral thought they were up to, But these two were closely involved in both cases.
Didn't Amaral send for Cristovao to go down to The Algarve in The Cipriano Case?  Why would he have done that?
No idea but I sure would be interested in a properly researched book or documentary about the case and all those associated with it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2022, 09:04:48 PM »

And between them they have kept the ball rolling since day one of Madeleine's disappearance and every day since.  Cristovao was appearing in documentaries until very recently. 
Amaral was proactively interfering in the German investigation into Madeleine's case.
Both became media personalities who never missed an opportunity to traduce the McCanns while Amaral has gone out of his way to uphold Brueckner's presumption of innocence - even stating that he is a patsy.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....