Author Topic: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?  (Read 32458 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
for one...you have said you have little knowledge of the case...and two....where posters are continually asking me for cites because they are not aware of facts i am posting.

I'm not up to speed with the minutiae eg whether or not the children had 1 or 2 ice creams but how would this help even if my case knowledge was at this sort of level? 

This case really is simple to my mind.  I know I keep banging on about it but imo its all down to the UNLOCKED patio doors.  This narrows the field considerably as imo realistically it was someone who knew MM was home alone in the unlocked apartment.

Mass tourism to overseas destinations only took off in the 60's/70's.  As far as I can recall MM is the only child who has disappeared without trace during all this time?  The case of Ben Needham is different in that he disappeared outside on public? ground.  I don't believe I would ever have left my children in hotel rooms etc but parents do but afaik it has always been in locked rooms with or without some sort of baby monitor or listening service.  This is a world away from an unlocked door which the McCanns entered and exited several times a night allowing anyone with a knowledge of the doors to understand the doors were unlocked. 

Everything else imo is a red herring: Tannerman, Smithman and all the efits in KM's book.  Tannerman and Smithman were more than likely fathers collecting daughters from night creche.  The efits were probably guys waiting for partners to do a bit of shopping in Barista or some other innocent event.  If guys wanted to size up 5A they would do it discretely by walking past a few times and/or during the hours of darkness.  They would not just hang around during day light.  Note also none of the T9 observed anything remotely sinister nor did any of the other guests eg JW/BO, Moyes etc.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
I'm not up to speed with the minutiae eg whether or not the children had 1 or 2 ice creams but how would this help even if my case knowledge was at this sort of level? 

This case really is simple to my mind.  I know I keep banging on about it but imo its all down to the UNLOCKED patio doors.  This narrows the field considerably as imo realistically it was someone who knew MM was home alone in the unlocked apartment.

Mass tourism to overseas destinations only took off in the 60's/70's.  As far as I can recall MM is the only child who has disappeared without trace during all this time?  The case of Ben Needham is different in that he disappeared outside on public? ground.  I don't believe I would ever have left my children in hotel rooms etc but parents do but afaik it has always been in locked rooms with or without some sort of baby monitor or listening service.  This is a world away from an unlocked door which the McCanns entered and exited several times a night allowing anyone with a knowledge of the doors to understand the doors were unlocked. 

Everything else imo is a red herring: Tannerman, Smithman and all the efits in KM's book.  Tannerman and Smithman were more than likely fathers collecting daughters from night creche.  The efits were probably guys waiting for partners to do a bit of shopping in Barista or some other innocent event.  If guys wanted to size up 5A they would do it discretely by walking past a few times and/or during the hours of darkness.  They would not just hang around during day light.  Note also none of the T9 observed anything remotely sinister nor did any of the other guests eg JW/BO, Moyes etc.

It may well be someone knew Maddie was, alone in an unlocked apartment but it's still IMO a stranger abduction.. Which are notoriously difficult to solve.... Unless the police get any help from the public... As most Portuguese think the parents are involved there's unlikely to be any help

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
It may well be someone knew Maddie was, alone in an unlocked apartment but it's still IMO a stranger abduction.. Which are notoriously difficult to solve.... Unless the police get any help from the public... As most Portuguese think the parents are involved there's unlikely to be any help

Yes most definitely a stranger abduction.  How could it be otherwise?  How can it be difficult to solve when only a finite number of people knew MM was home alone in an unlocked apartment?   

Do you have a cite for your assertion that most Portuguese think the parents are involved?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
A classic case imo of too many cooks spoiling the broth. 

And I can't help thinking the campaign wasn't all about finding MM but about assuaging the McCanns guilt over leaving MM in precarious circumstances.   8(8-))

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2019, 11:14:07 AM »
Yes most definitely a stranger abduction.  How could it be otherwise?  How can it be difficult to solve when only a finite number of people knew MM was home alone in an unlocked apartment?   

Do you have a cite for your assertion that most Portuguese think the parents are involved?

First it doesn't have to be someone who knew she was, alone
Second...  It could have been someone unknown watching the apartment... Not related to the OC

Third.. Sil who lives in Portugal has told us many times the opinion of the Portuguese people

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »

Second...  It could have been someone unknown watching the apartment... Not related to the OC

Almost anything is possible.  I look at what is imo most plausible.  As I said mass tourism by the British to Europe only took off in the 60's/70's.  During all this time MM is the only child I know of who disappeared from an apartment or other such holiday accommodation.  But that isn't the full story is it?  The fact is when MM disappeared from the apartment no adult was present or baby monitor or listening service AND the apartment was unlocked AND the parents exited and entered the unlocked doors several times a night allowing anyone in the vicinity to observe this.  Therefore it stands to reason the perp was in all probability someone who was in the vicinity and was able to observe this pattern and/or heard about it from others who were able to observe the pattern.

Third.. Sil who lives in Portugal has told us many times the opinion of the Portuguese people

So maybe you could ask Shining in Luz for a cite that most Portuguese believe the parents are responsible.   
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:35:46 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2019, 12:42:15 PM »

There is no evidence that a stranger was responsible for her disappearance. You better hope Smithman was!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »

No it doesn't but in all probability it was.

Where would you suggest said individual was watching from?  Bearing in mind T7 were making several trips a night to and fro and no one observed any strangers lurking.  Nor did others who sat out on their balconies eg JW/BO, Moyes and Mrs Fenn who had the advantage of looking down on the entire area.

Well if Shining in Luz wants to join in he/she will no doubt provide the evidence.  As it stands I can't see any evidence the Portuguese as a whole believe the McCanns were responsible.  People from all over the world believe the McCanns were responsible.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2019, 02:09:50 PM »
No it doesn't but in all probability it was.

Where would you suggest said individual was watching from?  Bearing in mind T7 were making several trips a night to and fro and no one observed any strangers lurking.  Nor did others who sat out on their balconies eg JW/BO, Moyes and Mrs Fenn who had the advantage of looking down on the entire area.

Well if Shining in Luz wants to join in he/she will no doubt provide the evidence.  As it stands I can't see any evidence the Portuguese as a whole believe the McCanns were responsible.  People from all over the world believe the McCanns were responsible.

I've seen the evidence... I've seen sils posts.  I'm also aware of the propaganda put out by the Portuguese media.... Amarals book.. Documentaries.. All blaming the mccanns

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »
I've seen the evidence... I've seen sils posts.  I'm also aware of the propaganda put out by the Portuguese media.... Amarals book.. Documentaries.. All blaming the mccanns

Please post the evidence then that most Portuguese believe the parents were responsible.

Do you think the British believe everything they read in the tabloids? 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »
Please post the evidence then that most Portuguese believe the parents were responsible.

Do you think the British believe everything they read in the tabloids?

Sils posted several times... But refuses to confirm..
And yes I do think on the whole the public believe what they read in the papers

Offline Lace

« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2019, 03:00:29 PM »

They would have had to have known that Madeleine was in that bedroom too.    Much easier to go in through the front door.   I believe it was someone who knew the layout of 5a.  An inside helper.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:30 PM »
They would have had to have known that Madeleine was in that bedroom too.    Much easier to go in through the front door.   I believe it was someone who knew the layout of 5a.  An inside helper.

How can it be easier for someone unauthorised to enter via a locked door when an unlocked door is available?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2019, 03:21:50 PM »
Sils posted several times... But refuses to confirm..
And yes I do think on the whole the public believe what they read in the papers

That's your opinion.  It is not a fact.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2019, 03:24:18 PM »
That's your opinion.  It is not a fact.

That's, why I said it's what, I think... After all.. Half the UK public are below average intelligence