Author Topic: Admin Notice - Please respect each others views in Madeleine McCann case  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Lola

There is a difference in my opinion, being strident, one focus, means the person has an opinion and will not be swayed from it, come hell or high water, even if the evidence was right before their eyes, they wouldn't buy it. One track mind, one track pony. Lets face it, we have not got all the official info, I can't get into my head you would leave little children alone, in an unlocked apartment. ???? I don't even necessarily believe this! Seems odd to me, when the day nursery staff, looked after the kids at night, should you so wish, for. Nominal fee. I'm not saying nought. Use your loaf, would you do it. If you can afford a holiday and you want ME time, two doctors, 20/30 euro, keep your kids safe, what would u do.??????. Nothing rings true. I like happy family's, show me the money, show me the kids where looked after, I will believe you, just show me.  The person you think is great, wouldn't say show me, they would say, this is how it was. I ain't got I e for egos, a child is missing.

registrar

There is a difference in my opinion, being strident, one focus, means the person has an opinion and will not be swayed from it, come hell or high water, even if the evidence was right before their eyes, they wouldn't buy it. One track mind, one track pony. Lets face it, we have not got all the official info, I can't get into my head you would leave little children alone, in an unlocked apartment. ???? I don't even necessarily believe this! Seems odd to me, when the day nursery staff, looked after the kids at night, should you so wish, for. Nominal fee. I'm not saying nought. Use your loaf, would you do it. If you can afford a holiday and you want ME time, two doctors, 20/30 euro, keep your kids safe, what would u do.??????. Nothing rings true. I like happy family's, show me the money, show me the kids where looked after, I will believe you, just show me.  The person you think is great, wouldn't say show me, they would say, this is how it was. I ain't got I e for egos, a child is missing.

Lola - all your points are relevant in my view

ME - time as you put, it was foremost on the minds of the G&K during their stay at the Ocean Appt.

And I agree that was wrong and selfish.

What I don't get - as much as I try to stretch my mind - why G&K would by accident or design - harm their first - born and spirit away her body.

that's the logical leap - I can't make

So
a) abduction by a person(s) known to the McCanns
b) abduction by stranger(s)
c) woke and wandered - and met with an accident

Either of those is my view of what happened
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:32:19 PM by registrar »

Offline sika

Debunker is strident and thus likely to upset some folks

But I think his/her posts of value - because he/she has no sentimentality - sentimentality being a major hindrance to objective debate.

Let's put the few facts (known to us commoners) under the microscope 

Give me a cold hearted Debunker for any 10 sentimental Spudguns/HideHos anytime - for the latter just produce fluff with no or little substance
8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline Lola

Hello Registrar, My first thought was woke and wandered, fell down a hole (roadworks were rife in the area at that time). Then I thought, walked into the arms of a bad person. Then I thought, walked into the sea whilst looking for her mum and dad. I have grandchildren now seven and nine. They have been to Portugal twice a year since ten months and 3 year old. I don't expect or want a medal, they are always with us, or someone stays in villa, they are 7 and 9, We still do same routine, once or twice a year. I am not judging Kate and Gerry, I like a glass of wine or two.

Kate and Gerry, insist, the child could not have left that apartment on her own, ????????? Why I ask. They state, it was impossible she could have got up wandered.????  Excuse me, open patio door, child 3 going on 4 (by all accounts liked/read Harry potter books), poor lamb was quite advanced, clever little thing. Why was/is the got up and wondered outside SO taboo. Just wondering.

icabodcrane

Hello Registrar, My first thought was woke and wandered, fell down a hole (roadworks were rife in the area at that time). Then I thought, walked into the arms of a bad person. Then I thought, walked into the sea whilst looking for her mum and dad. I have grandchildren now seven and nine. They have been to Portugal twice a year since ten months and 3 year old. I don't expect or want a medal, they are always with us, or someone stays in villa, they are 7 and 9, We still do same routine, once or twice a year. I am not judging Kate and Gerry, I like a glass of wine or two.

Kate and Gerry, insist, the child could not have left that apartment on her own, ????????? Why I ask. They state, it was impossible she could have got up wandered.????  Excuse me, open patio door, child 3 going on 4 (by all accounts liked/read Harry potter books), poor lamb was quite advanced, clever little thing. Why was/is the got up and wondered outside SO taboo. Just wondering.

Nice post Lola  (  welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie  )

I think the reason the McCanns say Madeleine did not  'wake and wander'  was because of the open window  ...  if she had woken up and wandered outside to find them,  then the window would not have been open

registrar

Hello Lola,

you care - and that makes you a kind person

have you been to Praia da Luz?

Well, I have been - a year after the disappearance

You could hear a penny drop

Easily the most tranquil place in Europe I've ever been to

No rowdy teenagers, no nasty graffiti, no rubbish on the streets, no noisy bars

Tranquil and well ordered

Whilst not excusing the McCanns' supervision / or lack of their children

I can somehow understand that they thought - things were safe 

Offline Luz

Nice post Lola  (  welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie  )
I think the reason the McCanns say Madeleine did not  'wake and wander'  was because of the open window  ...  if she had woken up and wandered outside to find them,  then the window would not have been open

Do you mean the window where Mrs. Healys' fingerprints were identified as being consistent with the motion of opening it?! Because in fact nobody else could testify if the window was closed or opened. When the police arrived there was a bunch of people already messing around....

And by the way, the window sills in the Algarve tend to gain fungus (unless you clean it with a scrub every day) that are greenish when the weather is humid and become whitish when it dries - the resolution of the photos I've seen don't show if there was or there wasn't any . But even if there wasn't residue that could be disturbed, the fact is that no marks or fibers were found - considering a window that is about (aproximately) 50 cm wide and 80 cm above the ground it is hard to understand how an adult would be able to pass through it without leaving any vestiges.

Offline Lola

Hello Sika, good too have a forceful poster, but have to back up their beliefs, otherwise just look silly, same mantra, same same. If the Macs never left their child, as they state  she wouldn't be missing, the poor baby would be here. Siimple. Not being horrible, but if they were there, Maddie would be here. That's another story, for grown ups, did they leave those lovely  IVF children in an unlocked apartment, after all the trouble it took to have them.

I don't buy into everyone has left their babies, it's cool, chick  every now and then, we all do it?  I know no one whose done it. Especially a three going on four year old, bad sleeper, out of routine little girl.

If the Macs made a mistake, that's life, admit it, don't go blaming, Portugal,  Portuguese police, others, if it happened as you state, it's your fault, don't leave the kids alone????? Never, ever. A parent never ever does. You are professionals,
Extra responsibility, u should be more clued up than average person. ??????? or not.

Offline gilet

Hello Sika, good too have a forceful poster, but have to back up their beliefs, otherwise just look silly, same mantra, same same. If the Macs never left their child, as they state  she wouldn't be missing, the poor baby would be here. Siimple. Not being horrible, but if they were there, Maddie would be here. That's another story, for grown ups, did they leave those lovely  IVF children in an unlocked apartment, after all the trouble it took to have them.

I don't buy into everyone has left their babies, it's cool, chick  every now and then, we all do it?  I know no one whose done it. Especially a three going on four year old, bad sleeper, out of routine little girl.

If the Macs made a mistake, that's life, admit it, don't go blaming, Portugal,  Portuguese police, others, if it happened as you state, it's your fault, don't leave the kids alone????? Never, ever. A parent never ever does. You are professionals,
Extra responsibility, u should be more clued up than average person. ??????? or not.

It sounds as if you are unaware that the McCanns have in fact admitted their own blame in the matter, that they were wrong to have chosen to leave the children in the apartment alone.

They do not blame the police or anyone else for that. They have made it very clear they blame themselves and wish they had not done it.

However that does not preclude them blaming the police for a badly handled (in their opinion and they were there to witness it first hand) case. It does not preclude them for blaming the Portuguese authorities for giving up on the search by archiving the case. And it does not preclude them from doing everything they can to find out what happened to their daughter while she was not with them. In fact it makes it a bigger priority for them.

Offline sika

Hello Lola, I can understand how some people are angry with the McCanns, for having left their children as they did. I can also appreciate that they don't come across terribly well in interviews, in my view, Gerry sometimes appears to be a little emotionless at times. However, that doesn't mean that they deserve to be suffering this horrendous ordeal. Surely they should still be afforded, great public sympathy. Rather than that, some people choose instead, to accuse them of the most hideous of crimes, without the tiniest shred of evidence.
There are some highly contentious aspects in his case, which could be argued about until the cows come home. Was the window left open? Did the dogs find anything of relevance etc etc.
The one unquestionable piece of evidence is, the sighting by the Smith family, of a man carrying a child.
Surely, this man, if innocent would have come forward. He can't have failed to hear about the case.
I accept that this alone, is not conclusive proof of an abduction. I would suggest however, that in the absence of any other compelling evidence, on balance (excluding gut feeling and dislike of the parents child care arrangements), this was an abduction rather than anything else.

Offline Chinagirl

Extraordinary to suggest that the abduction couldn't have happened had the parents not left the children for short periods, but this is a common mantra of the anti persuasion.  A determined abductor would have found his/her opportunity no matter what child care arrangements were being employed.

In any event, it is the whole thrust of the anti stance that an abduction did not take place, and that the parents are guilty of knowing the child is dead, or even contributing to her death, so why the belabour the leaving the children alone aspect?
A

Offline Lola

Hi gilet, have u even thought why we are in the position we are in now. Bad parenting, as as soon as the couple admit that the better for themselves. I have in all these six years, never heard them admit it was all down to them, I have Read a lot, files etc, never seen where they admit culpability? where did u seen that. I don't hate them, just dislike strongly the blaming of everyone, other than themselves, Their fault, no contest, don't leave babieS on their own End of, no compromise, no talking it a no no..

Offline Chinagirl

Hi gilet, have u even thought why we are in the position we are in now. Bad parenting, as as soon as the couple admit that the better for themselves. I have in all these six years, never heard them admit it was all down to them, I have Read a lot, files etc, never seen where they admit culpability? where did u seen that. I don't hate them, just dislike strongly the blaming of everyone, other than themselves, Their fault, no contest, don't leave babieS on their own End of, no compromise, no talking it a no no..

You can't have read very much about this case if you haven't read that the McCanns have admitted that their parenting arrangements were inadequate, and how they regret this.  It has been reported many times; they have admitted it in TV and radio interviews; they have done so in Kate's book.  Most emphatically they do not blame anyone but themselves for the lead up to the abduction.  However, as Gilet has pointed out above, with justification they have criticised the adequacy of the Portuguese police investigation, and people like Amaral and Bennett, and various media sources for false and libellous behaviour aimed at their campaign to search for their missing daughter.
A