Author Topic: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?  (Read 19796 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Eleven years on, has Maddie been given up for dead?
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »
Of more importance what would the strategy of SY be,seeing as they reduced their man power in 2015.

Once they had sifted through about 40 thousand pages of the investigation,  they didn't need all the detectives they started off with did they?

Offline Lace

« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2018, 11:07:30 AM »
SY weren't of an opinion she was anywhere else apart from from the waste ground in 2014.

That's not true,  they were searching the waste ground because of what a witness said about hearing men talking and saying 'why did you bring the body here'  or similar words.   They obviously had to check it out IMO https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:18:05 AM by Robittybob1 »

Offline barrier

« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2018, 11:51:54 AM »
That's not true,  they were searching the waste ground because of what a witness said about hearing men talking and saying 'why did you bring the body here'  or similar words.   They obviously had to check it out IMO https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case

So they base their investigation on rumours.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »

It seems to me that SY were concentrating on checking out statements made long after the event. This witness was allegedly interviewed by the PJ but said nothing until April 2008. As that wasn't to the PJ I can only assume she spoke to the McCann's PI's. Quite a few people seem to have given information to the PI's but not to the police; even those who had the opportunity to do so. In my opinion information 'remembered' after a year is a flimsy reason to spend hundreds if not thousands on this digging.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
It seems to me that SY were concentrating on checking out statements made long after the event. This witness was allegedly interviewed by the PJ but said nothing until April 2008. As that wasn't to the PJ I can only assume she spoke to the McCann's PI's. Quite a few people seem to have given information to the PI's but not to the police; even those who had the opportunity to do so. In my opinion information 'remembered' after a year is a flimsy reason to spend hundreds if not thousands on this digging.
Now, eleven years later, what would constitute a good reason to start digging anywhere, in your opinion?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2018, 01:40:29 PM »
So they base their investigation on rumours.

In my opinion rumours are intelligence which may on occasion be investigated to see if there is any evidence to substantiate them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
In my opinion rumours are intelligence which may on occasion be investigated to see if there is any evidence to substantiate them.

Possibly true, IMO its but a rumour after all the girl was abducted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:56:31 AM by Brietta »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
Now, eleven years later, what would constitute a good reason to start digging anywhere, in your opinion?

I wouldn't do it on the word of a woman who took a year to remember hearing a suspicious conversation and I don't believe the Met. would either. I think they had a different reason.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2018, 05:04:53 PM »
I wouldn't do it on the word of a woman who took a year to remember hearing a suspicious conversation and I don't believe the Met. would either. I think they had a different reason.
and yet you seem to have less of a problem with Pamela Fenn and the Smiths recalling details months after the event.  How odd.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »
So you’re investigating the disappearance of a child that has mystified millions, and no trace of the child has ever been found.  Someone comes to you with some information years after the event about where some vital evidence may be found, the body even.  It’s in the same town as the child went missing.  Do you a) investigate further by arranging for the likely areas to be excavated or b) ignore it, it’s bound to be just a rumour.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2018, 05:45:39 PM »
So you’re investigating the disappearance of a child that has mystified millions, and no trace of the child has ever been found.  Someone comes to you with some information years after the event about where some vital evidence may be found, the body even.  It’s in the same town as the child went missing.  Do you a) investigate further by arranging for the likely areas to be excavated or b) ignore it, it’s bound to be just a rumour.
SY - dig for it.
PJ - just ignore it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »
and yet you seem to have less of a problem with Pamela Fenn and the Smiths recalling details months after the event.  How odd.

I have no problem with anyone who speaks to the correct authorities.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2018, 06:21:28 PM »
SY - dig for it.
PJ - just ignore it.

Ignore what? We don'r even know why SY were digging. There was nothing in the files to suggest the PJ should excavate Luz.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2018, 06:28:28 PM »
Ignore what? We don'r even know why SY were digging. There was nothing in the files to suggest the PJ should excavate Luz.
Sorry but I can't help you either.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
There should be a hyperbole award.  Classic.   8@??)(

Who was the guy who decided the body was buried under Murat's drive?
What's up, old man?