Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 415308 times)

Redblossom

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #585 on: December 29, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
Didn't he run off when the crèche worker came near?

@)(++(*

Bless u angelo...

Offline pegasus

« Reply #586 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
Nothing is impossible but to me it seems highly improbable that a burglar would then be followed the very same night by an abductor.
Is it improbable that an interrupted burglary attempt (in which the perp does not even enter, but flees, taking nothing and taking no-one) would happen on the very same night as a disappearance?
I can see the logic which would make most people think no that is just too unlikely.
But that objection is correct only if there is no connection between the two events..
But there is..The first event alters the situation so that the second event becomes more likely to happen.
Nothing but IMO

Offline sadie

« Reply #587 on: December 30, 2013, 12:03:06 AM »
One of your more reasonable posts Sadie but who closed the front door?

I will add, why on earth would a stranger make off with a deceased child...not very plausible is it?

And furthermore, had her parents been involved why do it when everyone was up and about?  Better to do it at 4am when even the cops were snoozing. 
/SNIP/-

Who closed the front door?  Either the lifter or bundleman.  The door could be opened, I think, just using a key and if the key were in a certain position withion the lock,  it could be pulled closed by using that key too.

No need to touch the door at all, either in or out.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #588 on: December 30, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »
At a burglary in the block over the road uphill, also the occupant assumed because there was no sign of forced entry burglar must have had key. There was another burglary long ago a few miles outside the town where the occupant discovering entry via window but no physical damage even assumed burglar had kindly repaired shutter afterwards believe it or not (sorry all links gone for that now).
It is important before assuming that a would-be intruder has a key, to make sure whether unforced entry via window/shutter is possible, especially when it is not certain (see statements) whether or not the window lock button was pressed . Entire post IMO.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:12:14 AM by pegasus »

Offline Victoria

« Reply #589 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02:11 AM »
All this oft repeated nonsense about her bed not having been slept in - is there actually a reliable source for this?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:51:04 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #590 on: December 30, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
All this oft repeated nonsense about her bed not having been slept in - is there actually a reliable source for this?

Only a photograph.... 8-)(--)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:14:07 PM by Sherlock Holmes »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #591 on: December 30, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
Only a photograph.... 8-)(--)

Really? I don't think so.

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #593 on: December 30, 2013, 10:16:33 AM »
It looks slept in to me.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #594 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
It looks slept in to me.

Not by a typical young child, unless the were a very sound sleeper?

Offline Victoria

« Reply #595 on: December 30, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »
Not by a typical young child, unless the were a very sound sleeper?

What absolute twaddle.

Redblossom

« Reply #596 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »

Is there any reliable source for Mr Amaral saying the bed didnt look slept in?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:18:42 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #597 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »

I did my check about 10.00 'clock and went in through the sliding patio doors and I just stood, actually and I thought, oh, all quiet, and to be honest, I might have been tempted to turn round then, but I just noticed that the door, the bedroom door where the three children were sleeping, was open much further than we’d left it. I went to close it to about here and then as I got to here, it suddenly slammed and then as I opened it, it was then that I just thought, I’ll just look at the children and I could see Sean and Amelie in the cot and then I was looking at Madeleine’s bed which was here and it was dark and I was looking and I was thinking, is that Madeleine or is that the bedding. and I couldn’t quite make her out. It sounds really stupid now

"is that Madeleine or is that the bedding"

"It sounds really stupid now"

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #598 on: December 30, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
" did my check about 10.00 'clock and went in through the sliding patio doors and I just stood, actually and I thought, oh, all quiet, and to be honest, I might have been tempted to turn round then"

Sorry that doesn't make sense. If you went inside you would take a few extra seconds to check if your kids were sleeping in bed? What kind of check is that - I'm not buying that rubbish. Where is that pink blanket now?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:00:46 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Redblossom

« Reply #599 on: December 30, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
" did my check about 10.00 'clock and went in through the sliding patio doors and I just stood, actually and I thought, oh, all quiet, and to be honest, I might have been tempted to turn round then"

Sorry that doesn't make sense. If you went inside you would take a few extra seconds to check if your kids were sleeping in bed? What kind of check is that - I'm not buying that rubbish. Where is that pink blanket now?

yes, thats what most parents do, have a peek, but according to gerry mccann he never once in all his half hourly checks for five nights in a row ever stick his head round the door...just listened from outside....what was the point in checking then?