Author Topic: SY Crimewatch Smithman Efits  (Read 54932 times)

Offline mercury

SY Crimewatch Smithman Efits
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
Why did the Mccanns official website not publicise these in any obvious way. and why did they retain a prime position on their website for Tannerman and others (one of which IE an Australian woman who has since been found and had nothng to do with anythng) SY have more or less discounted

Secondly why is Smithmans efits nowhere to be seen on the Mccanns Portuguese version of their website, do they look bothered in finding witnesses to him?Seems not...and this harks back to what the Times article said, they were in possession of these efits in 2008....and n a soul saw them until 5 years later on telly, but even after that, the Mccanns didn't seem to want them publicised much....a stone unturned?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:23:57 PM by John »

ferryman

Re: SY Crimewatch Smithman Efits
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »
Where's the evidence that they did?

The Times acknowledged in its apology that the efits had been with Scotland Yard for some considerable time.

Even if they were in a position to, why should the McCanns have gainsaid Scotland Yard?

Scotland Yard chose the moment of the release of the e-fits, not the McCanns.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:08:58 AM by Admin »

Offline mercury

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
Where's the evidence that they did?

The Times acknowledged in its apology that the efits had been with Scotland Yard for some considerable time.

Even if they were in a position to, why should the McCanns have gainsaid Scotland Yard?

Scotland Yard chose the moment of the release of the e-fits, not the McCanns.

The evidence that they did is the fact that they didn't....mention or publish the efits from the second they got them in 2008, until after Crimewatch, they placed them on their website but not in any prominent position, and without any pertinent differentiation or description about the importance compared to other spurious ones and never on the Portuguese version of said website. This is not a thread rehashing the efits /Times discussion, but a  particular question of why the efits are NOT on the PT version of the site.Wouldnt you call that lazy website maintenance at least? So,yes, very much a stone unturned.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
The evidence that they did is the fact that they didn't....mention or publish the efits from the second they got them in 2008, until after Crimewatch, they placed them on their website but not in any prominent position, and without any pertinent differentiation or description about the importance compared to other spurious ones and never on the Portuguese version of said website. This is not a thread rehashing the efits /Times discussion, but a  particular question of why the efits are NOT on the PT version of the site.Wouldnt you call that lazy website maintenance at least? So,yes, very much a stone unturned.
Smithman is visible on the MF english language page.
Smithman is completely invisible on the MF portuguese language page.
The world's first language-sensitive invisibilty suit.
Oh well never mind it's not as if there are many portuguese speakers in Portugal are there?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Indeed

U.K.

http://findmadeleine.com/campaigns/unidentified_people.html

Portugal

http://findmadeleine.com/pt/campaigns/unidentified_people.html
It's like a magic trick - switch language and he disappears.
"now you see him, agora você não vê-lo"
Have none of the avid supporters on this forum even bothered to notify the fund website to correct this?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:53:30 PM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
Obviously not

Offline mercury

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:33:13 AM »
It's just another interesting question like many other queries the "supporters" can't answer, I have a little list which is growing

Offline pegasus

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »
Obviously not
Not a single "supporter" here has bothered to tell MFLNSUL that the third and obsolete "object" (aim) needs removing from their site, nor bothered to tell them that the portuguese page needs fixing to include smithman like the english page. Any volunteers to do this from amongst the many apparently serious MF supporters here?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »
Not a single "supporter" here has bothered to tell MFLNSUL that the third and obsolete "object" (aim) needs removing from their site, nor bothered to tell them that the portuguese page needs fixing to include smithman like the english page. Any volunteers to do this from amongst the many apparently serious MF supporters here?
Unlike you, I don't think it's my business to tell others what to put on their websites, or to jump to the tune of those that don't have their best interests at heart in the first place.  If those who look after the Madeleine website choose not to update the PT page with the Smithman e-fits then perhaps there is a perfectly good reason for that which is actually none of my (or your) business. 

We can all speculate until the cows come home about Smithman and whether or not he is still relevant to the investigation, however I would say - if he was critical to solving this case then why aren't we hearing more about him from the authorities themselves?  Why aren't the Met and the PJ circulating his image more frequently?  I believe the former have had one crack at the media about it, what about the PJ?  The police are the ones charged with solving this case, and if they felt that appealing for information about this man was still important today then what are they doing about it?  Where is Smithman's image on their own websites?  If it isn't there, then what suspicions does that raise with you guys?... &%+((£

ferryman

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »
Unlike you, I don't think it's my business to tell others what to put on their websites, or to jump to the tune of those that don't have their best interests at heart in the first place.  If those who look after the Madeleine website choose not to update the PT page with the Smithman e-fits then perhaps there is a perfectly good reason for that which is actually none of my (or your) business. 

We can all speculate until the cows come home about Smithman and whether or not he is still relevant to the investigation, however I would say - if he was critical to solving this case then why aren't we hearing more about him from the authorities themselves?  Why aren't the Met and the PJ circulating his image more frequently?  I believe the former have had one crack at the media about it, what about the PJ?  The police are the ones charged with solving this case, and if they felt that appealing for information about this man was still important today then what are they doing about it?  Where is Smithman's image on their own websites?  If it isn't there, then what suspicions does that raise with you guys?... &%+((£

Very logical post ....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
... what about the PJ?  The police are the ones charged with solving this case, and if they felt that appealing for information about this man was still important today then what are they doing about it?  Where is Smithman's image on their own websites?  If it isn't there, then what suspicions does that raise with you guys?... &%+((£
Do you have a list of PJ sites or can you point me to the right area?  I cannot form a conclusion or make a comment until I can see what these sites are and do.

Thanks.
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Do you have a list of PJ sites or can you point me to the right area?  I cannot form a conclusion or make a comment until I can see what these sites are and do.

Thanks.
Nope.  You're better placed to know how to access these sites, or if they even exist.  Better still you can tell us if the PJ have circulated any sort of information about the Smithman e-fits either in PdL or anywhere in Portugal, either in the form of  a press conference, media appeal, a poster or flyer or whatever.  If they haven't, then what conclusions may we draw, if any?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 01:00:50 PM »
Ok, a quick google turned this up

http://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/PortalWeb/page/%7BB22ED3A0-BAF1-471D-AFDA-AFF94B9BB24B%7D

No mention of any suspects they are looking for as far as I can see.

Offline Anna

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 01:16:05 PM »
Ok, a quick google turned this up

http://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/PortalWeb/page/%7BB22ED3A0-BAF1-471D-AFDA-AFF94B9BB24B%7D

No mention of any suspects they are looking for as far as I can see.

Maybe they don't like e fits? On the same site.....

As is the case with any situation in which a child goes missing, notwithstanding formal dismissal of the inquiry into her disappearance, and just as has always been publicly stated, the Polícia Judiciária never stopped paying close attention to any and all information that might possibly shed light on the whereabouts of the minor Madeleine McCann, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and the identity of the perpetrator(s).

It was with this goal in mind that in March 2011 the National Director of the Polícia Judiciária entrusted a team of investigators from the North Directorate with the mission of reassessing, as a whole, the vast amount of information gathered during the inquiry, aimed at identifying data for which a more in-depth investigation might be useful and possible.

The reassessment which took place over the last two years and a half suggested new evidence to have surfaced, which, requiring the investigation to proceed, meets the requirements set out by section 279(1) of the Portuguese Code of Criminal Procedure for reopening of the inquiry.

Accordingly, a request for reopening was made to the Public Prosecutor for the jurisdiction of Portimao, and approval granted by the latter.

24 October 2013

ETA
No updates in Interpol either
http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News/2012/PR042
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:29:34 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato