Author Topic: Corona Virus; Tips and info  (Read 25702 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Corona Virus; Tips and info
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »
but once you spray it up your nose it starts to deteriorate
Exactly. There are a lot of questions that could be asked.  How many molecules of H2O2 are needed to inactivate a virus particle?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2020, 12:13:02 AM »
Exactly. There are a lot of questions that could be asked.  How many molecules of H2O2 are needed to inactivate a virus particle?

Any would do as far as I can see. Any would be better than none.  I was only ever into putting this stuff in my ears anyway.

I have now got an headache.  Probably due to the amount of alcohol that I have drunk in the depths of my anxiety this evening..  So let's not get too silly about this.

Yes, I am scared and at my age I could die soon.  Sheesh, I have never seen death so looming.  This has never happened to me before.

It is a Plague of sorts that could well kill me.  It is not good enough to say that I am not having it.  And I dare not risk possible immunity.

I can only stay away from other people.  But even that has it's limitations.   If I survive for the next six weeks, which I will try to do, then I will still be at risk.

But for now it is the only thing to do.

PS.  I have asked my son to come On Forum and let you all know if I die..  But for God's sake please let's not have a Wake if I do.

Just know that I am taking this very seriously  and want you all to do the same.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2020, 06:10:03 AM »
Any would do as far as I can see. Any would be better than none.  I was only ever into putting this stuff in my ears anyway.

I have now got an headache.  Probably due to the amount of alcohol that I have drunk in the depths of my anxiety this evening..  So let's not get too silly about this.

Yes, I am scared and at my age I could die soon.  Sheesh, I have never seen death so looming.  This has never happened to me before.

It is a Plague of sorts that could well kill me.  It is not good enough to say that I am not having it.  And I dare not risk possible immunity.

I can only stay away from other people.  But even that has it's limitations.   If I survive for the next six weeks, which I will try to do, then I will still be at risk.

But for now it is the only thing to do.

PS.  I have asked my son to come On Forum and let you all know if I die..  But for God's sake please let's not have a Wake if I do.

Just know that I am taking this very seriously  and want you all to do the same.
Do you have any peroxide left?   I'd say use it every hour.  Ears and nose.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:22:36 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

H202 is anti-bacterial (with possibly a small effect on viruses). Do what you like, but try to obtain rubbing alcohol.

Welcome to the lockdown. You get used it after a while.

Time for a thought for all those displaced by civil unrest, wars, or epidemics. They've had to cope in far more perilous conditions than the newly-lockeddown elsewhere.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »
H202 is anti-bacterial (with possibly a small effect on viruses). Do what you like, but try to obtain rubbing alcohol.

Welcome to the lockdown. You get used it after a while.

Time for a thought for all those displaced by civil unrest, wars, or epidemics. They've had to cope in far more perilous conditions than the newly-lockeddown elsewhere.
I'd already posted the study showing H2O2 was effective in killing Coronaviruses.  Just saw videos as to what is happening in Indonesia, 300 million people and no control measures at all.

"[Virus inactivation by hydrogen peroxide].
[Article in Russian]
Mentel' R, Shirrmakher R, Kevich A, Dreĭzin RS, Shmidt I.
Abstract
The effect of H2O2 on adenovirus types 3 and 6, adenoassociated virus type 4, rhinoviruses 1A, 1B, and type 7, myxoviruses, influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, strain Long, and coronavirus strain 229E was studied in vitro, using different H2O2 concentration and timec of exposure. H2O2 in a 3 percent concentration inactivated all the viruses under study within 1--30 min. Coronavirus and influenza viruses were found to be most sensitive. Reoviruses, adenoviruses and adenoassociated virus were relatively stable. H2O2 is a convenient means for virus inactivation."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/203115
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:16:38 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2020, 03:29:22 PM »
in this article, they talk about using a high 6% solution.  NOTE: I would not suggest spraying a strong solution in one's nostrils.

https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/guidelines/disinfection/disinfection-methods/chemical.html
"Hydrogen Peroxide
Overview.
The literature contains several accounts of the properties, germicidal effectiveness, and potential uses for stabilized hydrogen peroxide in the health-care setting. Published reports ascribe good germicidal activity to hydrogen peroxide and attest to its bactericidal, virucidal, sporicidal, and fungicidal properties 653-655. (Tables 4 and 5) The FDA website lists cleared liquid chemical sterilants and high-level disinfectants containing hydrogen peroxide and their cleared contact conditions.

Top of Page

Mode of Action.
Hydrogen peroxide works by producing destructive hydroxyl free radicals that can attack membrane lipids, DNA, and other essential cell components. Catalase, produced by aerobic organisms and facultative anaerobes that possess cytochrome systems, can protect cells from metabolically produced hydrogen peroxide by degrading hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. This defense is overwhelmed by the concentrations used for disinfection 653, 654.

Top of Page

Microbicidal Activity.
Hydrogen peroxide is active against a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, yeasts, fungi, viruses, and spores 78, 654. A 0.5% accelerated hydrogen peroxide demonstrated bactericidal and virucidal activity in 1 minute and mycobactericidal and fungicidal activity in 5 minutes 656. Bactericidal effectiveness and stability of hydrogen peroxide in urine has been demonstrated against a variety of health-care–associated pathogens; organisms with high cellular catalase activity (e.g., S. aureus, S. marcescens, and Proteus mirabilis) required 30–60 minutes of exposure to 0.6% hydrogen peroxide for a 108 reduction in cell counts, whereas organisms with lower catalase activity (e.g., E. coli, Streptococcus species, and Pseudomonas species) required only 15 minutes’ exposure 657. In an investigation of 3%, 10%, and 15% hydrogen peroxide for reducing spacecraft bacterial populations, a complete kill of 106 spores (i.e., Bacillus species) occurred with a 10% concentration and a 60-minute exposure time. A 3% concentration for 150 minutes killed 106 spores in six of seven exposure trials 658. A 10% hydrogen peroxide solution resulted in a 103 decrease in B. atrophaeus spores, and a ≥105 decrease when tested against 13 other pathogens in 30 minutes at 20°C 659, 660. A 3.0% hydrogen peroxide solution was ineffective against VRE after 3 and 10 minutes exposure times 661 and caused only a 2-log10 reduction in the number of Acanthamoeba cysts in approximately 2 hours 662. A 7% stabilized hydrogen peroxide proved to be sporicidal (6 hours of exposure), mycobactericidal (20 minutes), fungicidal (5 minutes) at full strength, virucidal (5 minutes) and bactericidal (3 minutes) at a 1:16 dilution when a quantitative carrier test was used 655. The 7% solution of hydrogen peroxide, tested after 14 days of stress (in the form of germ-loaded carriers and respiratory therapy equipment), was sporicidal (>7 log10 reduction in 6 hours), mycobactericidal (>6.5 log10 reduction in 25 minutes), fungicidal (>5 log10 reduction in 20 minutes), bactericidal (>6 log10 reduction in 5 minutes) and virucidal (5 log10 reduction in 5 minutes) 663. Synergistic sporicidal effects were observed when spores were exposed to a combination of hydrogen peroxide (5.9%–23.6%) and peracetic acid 664. Other studies demonstrated the antiviral activity of hydrogen peroxide against rhinovirus 665. The time required for inactivating three serotypes of rhinovirus using a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution was 6–8 minutes; this time increased with decreasing concentrations (18-20 minutes at 1.5%, 50–60 minutes at 0.75%).

Top of Page

Concentrations of hydrogen peroxide from 6% to 25% show promise as chemical sterilants. The product marketed as a sterilant is a premixed, ready-to-use chemical that contains 7.5% hydrogen peroxide and 0.85% phosphoric acid (to maintain a low pH) 69. The mycobactericidal activity of 7.5% hydrogen peroxide has been corroborated in a study showing the inactivation of >105 multidrug-resistant M. tuberculosis after a 10-minute exposure 666. Thirty minutes were required for >99.9% inactivation of poliovirus and HAV 667. Three percent and 6% hydrogen peroxide were unable to inactivate HAV in 1 minute in a carrier test 58. When the effectiveness of 7.5% hydrogen peroxide at 10 minutes was compared with 2% alkaline glutaraldehyde at 20 minutes in manual disinfection of endoscopes, no significant difference in germicidal activity was observed 668. ). No complaints were received from the nursing or medical staff regarding odor or toxicity. In one study, 6% hydrogen peroxide (unused product was 7.5%) was more effective in the high-level disinfection of flexible endoscopes than was the 2% glutaraldehyde solution 456. A new, rapid-acting 13.4% hydrogen peroxide formulation (that is not yet FDA-cleared) has demonstrated sporicidal, mycobactericidal, fungicidal, and virucidal efficacy. Manufacturer data demonstrate that this solution sterilizes in 30 minutes and provides high-level disinfection in 5 minutes669. This product has not been used long enough to evaluate material compatibility to endoscopes and other semicritical devices, and further assessment by instrument manufacturers is needed.

Top of Page

Under normal conditions, hydrogen peroxide is extremely stable when properly stored (e.g., in dark containers). The decomposition or loss of potency in small containers is less than 2% per year at ambient temperatures 670."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »
Peroxide is used to deactivate viruses in the manufacture of vaccines.  If you are in a situation where you may have inhaled Coronavirus, deactivation of those virus particles would, IMO, be a good thing.  If the peroxide left the virus particles intact enough to still allow the body to start an immune response that would be even better.
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 08:38:08 PM »
Rob, that seems to be from... 1977.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
Rob, that seems to be from... 1977.
OK, but should that make any difference.
Moderation

Online Eleanor

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »

Ha Ha.  I forgot to look.  Hang on a minute.

Yep, I've got a 250ml bottle of 3% which is nearly full.  I have just put some in each ear, neat  I will do the same tomorrow.

Not sure about my nose.  My nose is permanently blocked so hopefully nothing much will get in.

My ears haven't been blocked since I started using it.

I am trying desperately hard to find this all amusing.  Failing miserably.  My anxiety levels have seriously ramped up.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2020, 05:09:24 PM »
Ha Ha.  I forgot to look.  Hang on a minute.

Yep, I've got a 250ml bottle of 3% which is nearly full.  I have just put some in each ear, neat  I will do the same tomorrow.

Not sure about my nose.  My nose is permanently blocked so hopefully nothing much will get in.

My ears haven't been blocked since I started using it.

I am trying desperately hard to find this all amusing.  Failing miserably.  My anxiety levels have seriously ramped up.
You've got me worried now.   You must try and breathe through your nostrils at all times.  For me, the peroxide into my nasal passages has really helped me to allow to breathe through them.  Even at night, I'm waking up in the morning still nasal breathing.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:02 PM »
I have presented the peroxide prevention method to the Ministry of Health yesterday.  Whether I get a reply is to be seen (but it is Saturday here). 
In NZ we have a lockdown where everyone is confined to their homes except for exercise, groceries and medicines.

There are also industries and organizations considered "essential" and the people going to work are worried about catching the disease from each other.   
This morning I'm thinking the workforce in these essential industries would be the ideal place to try out the hydrogen peroxide trials.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:38:46 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline puglove

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »
You've got me worried now.   You must try and breathe through your nostrils at all times.  For me, the peroxide into my nasal passages has really helped me to allow to breathe through them.  Even at night, I'm waking up in the morning still nasal breathing.

It will be even easier when your nose falls off.

8((()*/
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:04 PM »
It will be even easier when your nose falls off.

8((()*/

But how will he smell?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2020, 07:09:20 PM »
But how will he smell?
Bloody awful.
B’dum tish!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly