Author Topic: Mother Rosdeep Adekoya admits Mikaeel Kular killing  (Read 35280 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Mother Rosdeep Adekoya admits Mikaeel Kular killing
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:35 PM »
Mother Rosdeep Adekoya admits Mikaeel Kular killing

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has admitted killing her son and hiding his body in a suitcase, sparking a major search operation.

Mikaeel died two days after being beaten by Rosdeep Adekoya, 34, at the family's flat in Edinburgh in January.

She put his body in a suitcase, which she dumped behind her sister's house 20 miles away in Kirkcaldy, Fife.

However, she told police that Mikaeel had disappeared from her home, leading to a major two-day search.

Adekoya had originally been charged with murder, but admitted the reduced charge of culpable homicide when she appeared at the High Court in Edinburgh. Sentence was deferred until 25 August.

Adekoya, a prisoner at Cornton Vale jail near Stirling, admitted attempting to defeat the ends of justice by pretending to police that Mikaeel had gone missing.

She pleaded guilty to repeatedly punching her son and causing his body to hit against a hard object or inflicting blunt injuries on his head and body between 12 and 15 January at their home in Ferry Gait Crescent in the Drylaw area of the city.

She also admitted wrapping Mikaeel's body in a duvet cover, putting it in a suitcase and driving to Dunvegan Avenue in Kirkcaldy, Fife, where she hid the case under a bush in woods behind a house.

She had called 999 to report her son missing to police, telling officers he got out of bed and climbed on a stool to unlock the front door of his home.

She admitted causing a major search for her son, involving police, the fire service, coastguard, mountain rescue crews and members of the public.

The court heard that Adekoya's internet history had showed searches including "I find it hard to love my son", "I love all of my children except one", "Why am I so aggressive with my son" and "Get rid of bruises".

Advocate depute Alex Prentice said: "The basis for the plea tendered being accepted is that the Crown accepts that the accused had no intention to kill Mikaeel and that the assault perpetrated upon him, although severe, fell short of the wicked recklessness required for murder."

Clenched fist

The court heard that Mikaeel died on the night of Tuesday 14 January from injuries inflicted the previous Sunday.

His mother "lost her temper" when he was repeatedly sick following a trip to a Nando's restaurant at the city's Fountain Park.

She smacked him and struck him on the body and head with a clenched fist, the court heard.

When Mikaeel was sick for a third time, she dragged him to the shower by his arms and "beat him heavily" on his back as he lay over the bath edge.

Mr Prentice said: "It's likely that the internal damage was inflicted during this last beating."

Over the next few days Mikaeel's condition worsened and he was kept off nursery. He was assaulted again on the Monday after being sick and became "listless".

His mother did not take him to a doctor because of the bruising, the court heard.

By Tuesday night, Mikaeel was said to be "quiet" and was giving a "limited" response to his mother's questions.

Mr Prentice said: "He would have been in significant pain but was put to bed.

"The pain would have increased significantly while Mikaeel became dangerously ill and finally dying as a result of the injuries inflicted upon him by the accused.

"It was during that night that he died.

"The accused discovered his body on the floor when wakening the children in the morning."

Mobile phone

After discovering her son's body, Adekoya took his twin sister to nursery before driving straight to Fife.

Mr Prentice said: "At the time, it appears that the accused had placed Mikaeel's body in a suitcase and put him in the boot of her car."

Masts captured her mobile phone travelling from Edinburgh across the Forth Road Bridge.

During a police interview she broke down and told officers: "It was an accident and I panicked. I am going to go to the jail."

She was asked where Mikaeel was and replied: "In the woods behind my sister's house."

Adekoya then took police to her son's body in the woods, telling them he was "to the left under trees in a suitcase" which she had covered with branches.

Mr Prentice said Mikaeel's body was found inside the suitcase.

The final cause of death was found to be "blunt force abdominal trauma".

Mikaeel had more than 40 separate injuries to his body, including bruises to his back, chin and cheek, trauma to the brain, haemorrhage in the spinal cord and injuries to his arms.

Mr Prentice said: "If medical assistance had been called for death might not have resulted."

Assistant Chief Constable Malcolm Graham, of Police Scotland, said: "During the initial stages of the inquiry we appealed for information about Mikaeel's whereabouts as concern for him grew. The local community assisted us greatly in that search.

"What followed was an incredible level of support and assistance to one of the biggest missing person inquiries Police Scotland has undertaken.

"I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the public for all of their help during the search efforts and the continued support provided to police and Mikaeel's family during the course of this investigation.

"Incidents such as this are thankfully extremely rare and I would like to assure the public that whenever we receive reports of concern for children we investigate the matter thoroughly and should any criminal offences be detected, then those responsible will be brought to justice."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28483061

Rosdeep Adekoya, who dumped her toddler's body under a bush, had used web search terms like: "I love all my children except one."

http://news.sky.com/story/1307292/mother-admits-beating-mikaeel-kular-to-death

An independent inquiry has been launched into the death of Mikaeel Kular, the three-year-old boy battered to death by his mother, after it emerged he had been in and out of foster care.

Fife council confirmed it had ordered a significant case review after Mikaeel's mother, Rosdeep Adekoya, admitted on Friday to killing him at their Edinburgh flat in January after becoming enraged when he fell sick, and then covering up his death.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jul/25/mikaeel-kular-mother-admits-killing-three-year-old
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:06:36 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Mother Rosdeep Adekoya admits Mikaeel Kular killing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »
Mikaeel had more than 40 separate injuries to his body, including bruises to his back, chin and cheek, trauma to the brain, haemorrhage in the spinal cord and injuries to his arms.

Mr Prentice said: “If medical assistance had been called for death might not have resulted.”

Defence counsel Brian McConnachie QC:

“Rosdeep Adekoya is not a monster. It appears she is basically a young mother with a number of underlying problems.”

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:52:18 PM by Admin »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:55:28 PM »

Rosdeep Adekoya has admitted killing her son Mikaeel Kular.

In a hearing at the High Court in Edinburgh, Adekoya - who sparked a massive search for her “missing” son - admitted killing the three-year-old boy.

Adekoya, a prisoner at Cornton Vale jail near Stirling, admitted assaulting and killing Mikaeel at the family’s flat in Ferry Gait Crescent and hiding his body in woodland in Fife.

She pleaded guilty to attempting to defeat the ends of justice by pretending to police he had gone missing, sparking the search by the emergency services and members of the public.

Adekoya admitted repeatedly punching her son and causing his body to hit against a hard object or inflicting blunt injuries on his head and body between January 12 and 15.

She admitted wrapping Mikaeel’s body in a duvet cover, putting it in a suitcase and driving to Dunvegan Avenue in Kirkcaldy, Fife, where she hid the case under a bush in woods behind a house.

She had called 999 to report her son missing to police, telling officers he got out of bed and climbed on a stool to unlock the front door of his home.

She admitted causing a major search for her son, involving police, the fire service, coastguard, mountain rescue crews and members of the public.

Adekoya, has four surviving children Tarun, 9, David, 7, Renuka, 6, and Mikaeel’s twin Ashika, 4.

Advocate depute Alex Prentice told the court: ““The accused had subjected Mikaeel to a severe beating by punching him and causing him to strike a hard surface such as the edge of the bath.

“He would have been in significant pain but was put to bed. As will be apparent from the pathology, the pain would have increased significantly while Mikaeel became dangerously ill and finally dying as a result of the injuries inflicted upon him by the accused.

“The basis for the plea tendered being accepted is that the Crown accepts that the accused had no intention to kill Mikaeel and that the assault perpetrated upon him, although severe, fell short of the wicked recklessness required for murder.”

Adekoya’s internet history showed searches including “I find it hard to love my son”, “I love all of my children except one”, “Why am I so aggressive with my son” and “Get rid of bruises”.

The court heard that Mikaeel died on the night of Tuesday, January 14, from injuries inflicted the previous Sunday.

His mother “lost her temper” when he was repeatedly sick following a trip to a Nando’s restaurant at the city’s Fountain Park.

She smacked him and struck him on the body and head with a clenched fist, the court heard.

When Mikaeel was sick for a third time, she dragged him to the shower by his arms and “beat him heavily” on his back as he lay over the bath edge.

Mr Prentice said: “It’s likely that the internal damage was inflicted during this last beating.”

Adekoya was contacted by a friend on the morning of January 15 who asked if it was okay to still meet.

She replied: “Yeah if wee spicy heed doesn’t through a tantrum about going to nursery.”

The court heard that she called her son “spicy heed” because he had spiky hair, but could not say that word and instead said spicy.

Over the next few days Mikaeel’s condition worsened and he was kept off nursery. He was assaulted again on the Monday after being sick and became “listless”.

His mother did not take him to a doctor because of the bruising, the court heard.

By Tuesday night, Mikaeel was said to be “quiet” and was giving a “limited” response to his mother’s questions.

Mr Prentice said: “He would have been in significant pain but was put to bed.

“The pain would have increased significantly while Mikaeel became dangerously ill and finally dying as a result of the injuries inflicted upon him by the accused.

“It was during that night that he died.

“The accused discovered his body on the floor when wakening the children in the morning.”

After discovering her son’s body, Adekoya took his twin sister to nursery before driving straight to Fife.

Mr Prentice said: “At the time, it appears that the accused had placed Mikaeel’s body in a suitcase and put him in the boot of her car.”

Masts captured her mobile phone travelling from Edinburgh across the Forth Road Bridge.

Sentence was deferred until August 25 at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Adekoya dabbed her eyes repeatedly with tissues as the narrative of her crimes was read to the court.

She waited until 7.15am on Thursday January 16 to dial 999 and report her son missing.

Officers who attended the flat reported that she initially appeared “very upset and distressed”.

But inconsistencies began to appear in her account of events to police, who by the Friday evening “suspected that all was not as she had indicated”.

During a police interview she broke down and told officers: “It was an accident and I panicked. I am going to go to the jail.”

She was asked where Mikaeel was and replied: “In the woods behind my sister’s house.”

Adekoya then took police to her son’s body in the woods, telling them he was “to the left under trees in a suitcase” which she had covered with branches.

Mr Prentice said: “Detective Sergeant Phil Richards undid the straps of the suitcase and opened the camouflage material within which was the body of Mikaeel Kular, who was quite clearly dead.”

The final cause of death was found to be “blunt force abdominal trauma”.

Mr Prentice said: “If medical assistance had been called for death might not have resulted.”

Adekoya was originally accused of murdering the youngster at the family home in Ferry Gait Crescent, in Edinburgh.

But after the Crown amended the charge to the lesser offence of culpable homicide she pled guilty to killing him at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The prosecutor said: “Mikaeel appears generally to have been a healthy, happy little boy who was part of a busy but complicated family.”

Defence counsel Brian McConnachie QC: “Rosdeep Adekoya is not a monster. It appears she is basically a young mother with a number of underlying problems.”

She would have to live with the consequences for the rest of her life, he said.

The court heard that she had threatened to commit suicide after Mikaeel’s father, Zahid Saeed, who is not named on the child’s birth certificate, told her their affair had to end.

Following the hearing, Mikaeel’s father Zahid Saeed left the court without making any comment.

Neighbour Paul Cairns, 46, who was involved in the search for Mikaeel, said: “The whole community came together (to search) and then to be told that he had been killed... There would be a lot of angry people out there. I know that I’m one of them.

“The wee lad never had a chance to start off with.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/rosdeep-adekoya-admits-killing-son-mikaeel-kular-1-3488485

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:53:08 AM »
Jeez, not a monster.....

This is another case probably of UNDIAGNOSED post natal depression.

Note she had the presence of mind for self preservation to kick it, and try and hide her deed, and save herself, even though she had no support by anyone else, she tried. Beating, death, suitcase, abduction, hide.

That poor boy. Didnt ANYONE in her family see how she was treating this boy, i thought her mother was a doctor did no one see how she was?

What a horrible way for this child to die.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »
Jeez, not a monster.....

This is another case probably of UNDIAGNOSED post natal depression.

Note she had the presence of mind for self preservation to kick it, and try and hide her deed, and save herself, even though she had no support by anyone else, she tried. Beating, death, suitcase, abduction, hide.

That poor boy. Didnt ANYONE in her family see how she was treating this boy, i thought her mother was a doctor did no one see how she was?

What a horrible way for this child to die.

Yep, she's a monster.

“It was an accident and I panicked. I am going to go to the jail.”

Accidents, they do happen....

'Whoooooopsie daisy, I accidentally repeatedly beat & kicked the living sh*t out of my 4 year old son before shoving him in a suitcase & dumping it in the woods.

Happens all the time doesn't it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:48:02 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »
Yep, she's a monster.

“It was an accident and I panicked. I am going to go to the jail.”

Accidents, they do happen....

'Whoooooopsie daisy, I accidentally repeatedly beat & kicked the living sh*t out of my 4 year old son before shoving him in a suitcase & dumping it in the woods.

Happens all the time doesn't it.

I have to say that I agree with this post, WS.

One bad beating just might have been explainable, at a stretch.  But she beat him over two days, for being sick, OMG, and then left him to die for two more days.
This is inexcusable.  Culpable Homicide is a joke.  And I hope she gets locked up for a very long time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
I have to say that I agree with this post, WS.

One bad beating just might have been explainable, at a stretch.  But she beat him over two days, for being sick, OMG, and then left him to die for two more days.
This is inexcusable.  Culpable Homicide is a joke.  And I hope she gets locked up for a very long time.

I just read that she might be out in less than 7 years. (in the express)

Disgusting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 12:22:42 PM »
I just read that she might be out in less than 7 years.

Disgusting.

Hmm.  That wouldn't surprise me all that much.  New Identity.  Relocated.

And I am not banking on her conscience bothering her either.  This was a brutal and sustained attack on little more than a baby.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 12:57:37 PM »
Hmm.  That wouldn't surprise me all that much.  New Identity.  Relocated.

And I am not banking on her conscience bothering her either.  This was a brutal and sustained attack on little more than a baby.

Call me a cynic but I can't help but think that, had it been a father , who kicked, beat then bagged up his young son,  he'd be doing a longer stretch than this monster is gonna get.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
Did you notice that a deal has been done to allow her to plead to culpable homicide instead of murder which will mean she will not be liable to a mandatory life sentence.  In fact she could be out on parole in less than 10 years.  Her counsel is a former Principal Crown Advocate which appears to have paid dividends on this occasion...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:01:56 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
“The basis for the plea tendered being accepted is that the Crown accepts that the accused had no intention to kill Mikaeel and that the assault perpetrated upon him, although severe, fell short of the wicked recklessness required for murder.”

Great, so I can beat my kids repeatedly till they are black & blue, then leave them to die of their injuries, before bunging 'em in a sack & dumpin 'em in the woods, and it aint murder.

British Justice, best in the world.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »

Great, so I can beat my kids repeatedly till they are black & blue, then leave them to die of their injuries, before bunging 'em in a sack & dumpin 'em in the woods, and it aint murder.

Its just mind blowing.

I agree with you though if that had been a man he would have had the keys thrown away for sure.

How can she get away this sick attack on a defenseless child. I just fed up with this country its ludicrous.

Old men go to prison for sexual abuse with no PROOF, for 8/10 years, yet this women can beat her child for days and get away with it. SICK doesnt come into the equation evil does.

I just give up to honest. 8()(((@#

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »

Actually Scottish Justice at its worst! 

This bitch literally beat the living daylights out of Mikaeel because he was sick several times following a trip to some Edinburgh restaurant.  He had food poisoning and we all know how severe and draining that can be.  She was already the subject of monitoring by Social Services and had the children taken away so there was a definite history of abuse.  This woman was unfit to rear any child.

She beat Mikaeel, he had 40 separate physical injuries to his little body, she knew she had done wrong, she failed to seek medical assistance which would have saved Mikaeel's life.  She then set about disposing of his body and invented an elaborate hoax story which saw thousands of people searching the area.  In my opinion the charge should have been murder!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:13:16 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
Did you notice that a deal has been done to allow her to plead to culpable homicide instead of murder which will mean she will not be liable to a mandatory life sentence.  In fact she could be out on parole in less than 10 years.  Her counsel is a former Principal Crown Advocate which appears to have paid dividends on this occasion...

Yes indeed, I have personal experience of McConnachie as an Advocate Depute but since these will be the subject of a civil case I cannot expand on them much that I would love to do so.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
'bitch'

Too mild John, although I'm not sure there really are words that could describe.

I think Evil Bitch would be a step in the right direction.

Imagine how that poor boy felt, being beaten, hard,  by the very person meant to love him.

'Not a monster'   My Arse.